Making the move from VeraLite to VeraEdge.. Who has done it successfully?

Ok, I’ve purchased a VeraEdge and I am ready to replace my VeraLite with it. I am running UI5 on the VL.

It was my intention to try and “copy” all of my devices from the VL to the VE so that I don’t have to exclude and then re-include everything. I am going to then wipe out the VL and start over with it at a different location with all new devices.

After reading through some of the newer posts here lately, I’m either not understanding correctly, or there is conflicting information here. For reference, I was planning to follow this link for my setup.

http://support.getvera.com/customer/portal/articles/1840699-upgrade-from-ui5-on-veralite-vera-2-or-vera-3

I just want to know if anyone has successfully done it, because I thought I remembered reading a few threads where the poster stated they could not copy their devices and had to redo everything.

I would appreciate any tips or insight that anyone has come across, or just a confirmation that following the steps in the above link will work.

Thanks in advance!

It’s pretty simple and straight forward. Follow the instructions here: http://support.getvera.com/customer/portal/articles/1840689-intro-how-to-upgrade-from-vera-3-vera-2-or-veralite-to-veraedge-controller

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went ahead and did the swap today and so far it’s about 90%. I am having trouble getting the edge to recognize my Alarm via the ad2usb. I also still have the VeraLite hooked up so I don’t know if my devices are working only because the lite is still hooked up or not. I’ll experiment a little more tomorrow.

Only one VERA can talk to your alarm system.
There is a limit of 1 connection on the Alarm interface card.

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer”]Only one VERA can talk to your alarm system.
There is a limit of 1 connection on the Alarm interface card.[/quote]

I only have the alarm plugged into the Edge at this point. I re-read my last post and I realized that it sounded like I meant that the alarm was hooked to both. I just meant that the lite is still plugged in to power and Ethernet etc… I removed the USB from it and plugged it into the Edge.

The issue I’m having with it is that when I copied the configuration from the lite it must not have retained the port settings in the app because it said it could not open the port. So I deleted the app and reinstalled and messed with the port settings and then it seemed to recognize it but now it says that there is no valid keypad on partition one. I had to manually enter the keypad numbers, so I just followed the instructions on the app’s help page, but the instructions are only for ui5, and it hasn’t worked as of yet.

Tried to upgrade to VeraEdge from VeraLite and followed instructions on WEB page. I, however, cannot get to copy the Z-Wave settings to the new VeraEdge. I set Controller shift on Veralite and on VeraEdge “Copy Z-Wave network from a primary controller.” On VeraEdge I keep getting a notice, “Timed out.” Any help?

[quote=“brandoncreel, post:2, topic:188503”]It’s pretty simple and straight forward. Follow the instructions here: http://support.getvera.com/customer/portal/articles/1840689-intro-how-to-upgrade-from-vera-3-vera-2-or-veralite-to-veraedge-controller

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

The above URL is broken. Where can I find the instructions to copy my VeraLite to my VeraEdge?