Migrate openluup setup

Hi AK,

I saw that my post about the openluup migration to docker has been moved. But my question is actually not specific to docker.

I would like to know general steps to migrate openluup to a new installation. I couldn’t find any information about it and this could be very helpful in general.

Can you help me with this?

Oh, sorry. Because you said

…I kind of assumed it was.

Indeed, all the configuration is in user_data.json, but you’ll need all the device files and anything that any plugins might use.

I regularly switch between configurations on the same machine, for development, but haven’t tried switching machines.

Hi,

I am in the process of doing this and I was thinking to build a new install of openLuup, copy all files from Vera as you would need to and then just copy the user_data.json and reboot. Shouldn’t take more then 15 minutes I would think.

Cheers Rene

[quote=“reneboer, post:3, topic:200343”]Hi,

I am in the process of doing this and I was thinking to build a new install of openLuup, copy all files from Vera as you would need to and then just copy the user_data.json and reboot. Shouldn’t take more then 15 minutes I would think.

Cheers Rene[/quote]

That’s great, Rene. Let us know how it went!