Mini split system compatible with Vera

Hi - does anyone have a mini split system which is compatible with vera?

Good morning,

We kindly suggest you to check our list of compatible devices before placing and order online :

http://getvera.com/compatibility/

Thank you.

Thanks Helen - I already have three boxes and when I try your suggested link no air conditioners appear.

I am trying to ascertain if anyone has been able to control a mini split system using Vera. CudaNet was making progress with Mitsubishi and asahani with Daikin. Has anyone connected theirs via wifi?

There’s an IntesisBox plugin, and you can use an IntesisBox unit with any of the units listed here: Home Automation Gateways for Air Conditioners | Intesis

Thanks rigpapa. Looks interesting indeed. I am looking at probably five zones of between two and three head units. Am I correct in understanding the intesis box needs to be wired to each head? Was hoping to get in via wifi.

The IS-IR-WMP-1 works with IR-compatible units, so no wiring needed. It parallels the remote control for the unit. I would contact them directly and get specifics for your scenario.

That said, if there’s an AC unit you are looking at that has an API accessible over wi-fi directly, I’d be happy to look at the documentation for it. Talking to the unit is a relatively small part of what the plugin must do–most of it is Vera-specific plugin gyrations.

Any IR system can be controlled easily (& cheaply) with a Broadlink RM2 or Mini.
There is a Plug In for this, I only mention this as IR was mentioned rather than WiFi.
A generic WiFi Split system controller would be a great Plug In. especially if different Models/Manufacturers could be selected.
There is a lot of wishful thinking here as it would be herculean task…but maybe posssible by use of Manufacturer specific Plug Ins…

From an aesthetic pov I am slowly seduced by the Daikin Emura units. It would be nice to be as least cluttered as possible - perhaps a small IR transmitter/intesis box may work but would involve wiring and mounting. Just not sure I’d get away with it on WAF : ) Is there a way?

On another note I have just seen this https://ifttt.com/daikin_online_controller

Just a plug that I would love to have the Intesis integration support the modern non-IR interfaces that go through the IntesisHome interface. There already is some basic IFTTT support for this from Intesis so the base framework should already be there. I know Fujitsu is moving away from the IR and I’m guessing others are as well.