MIOS Acquisition

It’s great to read that and I really appreciate your effort in reading and replying to all our messages.

If you have to work hard, please remember that you have many “nerds” ready to help you in betatesting. I’m definitely one of those (as long as it is beta, not Alpha testing :wink: )

Regards[/quote]

Look forward to your help! :slight_smile:

we will not put our RTOS in old hardware.

We have new hardware that these RTOS run on.[/quote]

Oh that’s disappointing - you seemed to indicate otherwise earlier.

So does that mean we are stuck with OpenWRT on existing Vera HAC’s?[/quote]

We will fix, improve the current firmware…
but we can’t put our RTOS on it…
So, there will most definitely be huge improvements…but the question was merely where the new RTOS could live…[/quote]

That’s a shame, OpenWRT seems to have descended into bloatware that demands 1Ghz Dual core CPU’s and lots of ram. Compared to a good RTOS which will run fast even on the lowliest of microcontrollers.[/quote]

Exactly! That is why we made the investment last few years to invest in our own RTOS…When we show the speed, people are taken aback…You will love it…wait and see…

But how can I love your rtos if my Vera Plus won’t be getting it?

If I have to buy new hardware I’ll go buy a Homeseer!

[quote=“dJOS, post:162, topic:199656”]But how can I love your rtos if my Vera Plus won’t be getting it?

If I have to buy new hardware I’ll go buy a Homeseer![/quote]

Didn’t you read the part where we were told the hardware will be extremely cheap? Like maybe $10.
But if you’ll rather pay HomeSeer $900, and then start migrating, be my guest!

[quote=“Thorden, post:163, topic:199656”][quote=“dJOS, post:162, topic:199656”]But how can I love your rtos if my Vera Plus won’t be getting it?

Didn’t you read the part where we were told the hardware will be extremely cheap? Like maybe $10.
But if you’ll rather pay HomeSeer $900, and then start migrating, be my guest![/quote]

I’ll believe the $10 number when see I it. I’ve already spent thousands on home automation, what’s another $900 to attain perfection.

[quote=“dJOS, post:162, topic:199656”]But how can I love your rtos if my Vera Plus won’t be getting it?

Because we will make the current vera firmware rock solid and efficient!

Thanks Sender & Domoworking - albeit apologies for the formatting, no idea what happened there have edited the post and removed all those line feeds.

To be fair - that $900 must presumably be for their top-of-the-range enterprise grade kit, which you wouldn’t use in a home and of which there is no Vera equivalent. On the other hand, I bought the Pi version of HomeSeer in their twice-yearly massive sale and then a maxed out Rapsberry Pi - total was less than half what I paid for my Vera Plus.

Questions regarding the fate of the current Vera versions remain unanswered.
OK I’ll keep it simple and hope there is a Yes/No answer.
Are there going to be new Vera modals or is it end of line for the Edge, Plus & Secure.
All that we are getting is how great it will be but no roadmap.

The HS3PRO Software alone is $600. Yes, you can get a mid range controller on top of that for another $100, but that is not the point. The point is that the total price for HomeSeer is way above the change you would have to pay for the upcoming new Vera hardware, according to the information we get from the new management. In that context I found it a bit amusing that someone would pay tens of times more just to avoid the cost of the new Vera HW to run the new RTOS.

[quote=“zedrally, post:167, topic:199656”]Questions regarding the fate of the current Vera versions remain unanswered.
Are there going to be new Vera modals or is it end of line for the Edge, Plus & Secure.
All that we are getting is how great it will be but no roadmap.[/quote]

I’m very upset to understand my Vera Plus is almost dead after less than 6 month from the purchase.
Those devices are still sold.
I expect them to be supported and the software updated to a working state.

Guys, the current Vera current lineup is not going anywhere. In fact, there is a serious focus group as we speak on gathering ALL the feedback and outstanding issues to push to our product development to address… you guessed it… Vera. 8)

We gathered and reported in our service desk more than 1000 individual items from this forum alone, in the last two weeks. You may have also noticed our Customer Care team which is proactively involved, responding on the forum and creating tickets for customers where needed.

These are only good news and more good news to come. As Melih also mentioned a few times now:

Things are moving, and are moving fast.

[quote=“Sorin, post:170, topic:199656”]Guys, the current Vera current lineup is not going anywhere. In fact, there is a serious focus group as we speak on gathering ALL the feedback and outstanding issues to push to our product development to address… you guessed it… Vera. 8)

We gathered and reported in our service desk more than 1000 individual items from this forum alone, in the last two weeks. You may have also noticed our Customer Care team which is proactively involved, responding on the forum and creating tickets for customers where needed.

These are only good news and more good news to come. As Melih also mentioned a few times now:

Things are moving, and are moving fast.[/quote]

So when can we expect the new ROCKSOLID firmware for UI7 on our Vera’s !?

can we see a list? just so we don’t report things you know?

The Danfoss LC13 (and perhaps a lot other devices)
You adjust the temperature and, when the device wakes up, it adjust. just like we want.

But…

You adjust, vera reloads, and when the device wakes up… well there is no command to change temperature anymore :frowning:

I adjust 15 LC13 via scripts, and I often see a reload and then need to execute the script 2 times to get all adjusted.

[quote=“melih, post:135, topic:199656”][quote=“lastmacuser, post:133, topic:199656”][quote=“melih, post:131, topic:199656”]We have a different business model…We believe the future of home automation is in being a platform and not selling hardware.
We will make money from other services that requires home automation…We see many brand new services from home security to facial recognition to many other services being common place in the future. We want our platform to create an ecosystem to provide these services.[/quote]

With that platform approach, are you seeing any hardware? Or are we looking at tablet, phone based software only.[/quote]

Totally, a lot of hardware! I see us innovating cost effective hardware and push it to market via our partners.[/quote]

I am a little confused here. You won’t be selling the hardware. Who are these partners?

You have to give them some time. The change their tone on this forum is dramatic and welcome. But re-writing the firmware to be stable? Needs time…

[quote=“zedrally, post:167, topic:199656”]Questions regarding the fate of the current Vera versions remain unanswered.
All that we are getting is how great it will be but no roadmap.[/quote]

We will continue to support current models for foreseeable future.

We will add other platforms to the mix as well.

[quote=“lastmacuser, post:173, topic:199656”][quote=“melih, post:135, topic:199656”][quote=“lastmacuser, post:133, topic:199656”][quote=“melih, post:131, topic:199656”]We have a different business model…We believe the future of home automation is in being a platform and not selling hardware.
We will make money from other services that requires home automation…We see many brand new services from home security to facial recognition to many other services being common place in the future. We want our platform to create an ecosystem to provide these services.[/quote]

With that platform approach, are you seeing any hardware? Or are we looking at tablet, phone based software only.[/quote]

Totally, a lot of hardware! I see us innovating cost effective hardware and push it to market via our partners.[/quote]

I am a little confused here. You won’t be selling the hardware. Who are these partners?[/quote]

I said, we will be reducing the hardware cost.

You have to give them some time. The change their tone on this forum is dramatic and welcome. But re-writing the firmware to be stable? Needs time…[/quote]

Yep…will take time… we expect 3-6 months to start seeing “initial output” of the work we will be doing. But once it starts, it will come thick and fast!

Melih, your organisation said: keep them coming. can you please stress this one!?

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,63352.0.html

It is out for over a year and still this problem exists!

[quote=“Sender, post:178, topic:199656”]Melih, your organisation said: keep them coming. can you please stress this one!?

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,63352.0.html

It is out for over a year and still this problem exists![/quote]

Sorin and his team has collected all this and put it into developers…now they have a full visibility of what all the requirements are…
They are running 2 week development sprints followed by monthly public releases…they are about to finish their first sprint on monday…
Some teams did better than i expected…some teams did as I expected…the work has officially started! It will initially take some time…but once we are rock and rolling, there will be no stopping us! Bear with us pls…we are moving all steam ahead!