Mios app market failing to Commit new files

Hi @Sorin,

I am trying to commit a new release of a plugin (9290) but it keeps coming back with Commit Failed, no other message. Another plugin commit is working. Can you have your team look at this please?

Cheers Rene

Oy. That’s horrible timing, eh? I assume you’re trying to get something in the approval queue tomorrow? Hopefully someone is there to see this over the weekend.

Hi,

Update, it says it failed but does have the new files to make a release. Go figure. So yes, I can make the Monday ‘release’ window. Although the (forced) update method seems to be working there is something odd in the repository for this one. If I try the View button any of the files in the releases (plugin files page) they all come back with file not found. The Edit buttons do pull the source files.

Cheers Rene

That’s a bit scary. I use the “Edit” feature a lot to double-check that I’ve uploaded correctly. I find that occasionally, since one must both specify which file is being uploaded and separately choose that file, I will sometimes choose and upload the wrong similarly-named file (e.g. D_Something1.json vs D_Something1.xml). Hopefully, whatever new system we get, will just read the filename from the POST headers. That decoupling is disasterously error-prone and unnecessary.

1 Like

I know, I too mixed up some of the files at one point. That and the way images need to be done (different URL than other files, but always the same so why ask?) are the two most error prone issues with the app market.

Cheers Rene

@reneboer could you please try one more time to commit ? It should be working now.

Hi @CristianT, no change. Still getting the commit failed message.

Cheers Rene

We will look into it asap.

Hi @CristianT,

The latest commit (Version 1.5) did get an SVN Rev assigned, before that is set at zero (0). However, clicking Commit still gives a Commit Failed message. I am in Europe, may that make a difference?

Cheers Rene

Hi @CristianT, just to let you know I still get the commit failed error, but it is actually committing the files.

Cheers Rene

Hi @reneboer

Will double check.

@reneboer could you please check one more time ?

Hi @CristianT, good news, working as expected. Thanks for your support.

Cheers Rene