MiOS Application - early Beta enrollment

when you say ezlo: are you referring to our “controller hardware”?
when you say “hardware” are you referring to “end devices” like sensors?

We are talking about Ezlo not fibaro or Aeotec or etcc. when i say hardware and writing to you i mean your hardware why should i pay for your hardware + monthly subscription for that hardware

Thanks for the info.

The problem is long term support. This is a new product and is likely that it will evolve over time. Inevitably, one day, it will not be working on the older Android version and support will default to the minimum requirement spec.

I think that 8.1 as a minimum requirement is not reasonable considering how fast new android versions are coming out. Android 6 or 7 would be more inline with what we see elsewhere.

My 2 cents

1 Like

You can buy Ezlo with one off payment. You shouldn’t have to pay monthly subscription for it.
That one payment should buy you update for that controller for 3-5 years.

1 Like

That is fair. But i have one question that is a little bit confusing. Let assume that i will purchase Ezlo Atom today i will get a free updates in the next 3-5 years that is clear, because the assumption is that in 3-5 years Atom will be EOL anyway and you will not push updates. But what will happen if:

1. You decide that Atom is still competitive on the market and you should keep it for sale another 2-3 years, that only I will not get updates?
  2. if somebody buys the Atom 3 years from now how much time he will get updates?

the price you pay day 1, is enough to pay developers salaries for 3-5 years.
how will I pay for software developers after 3-5 years?
Can you pay some extra fee for update?

Now that I think about you are correct. Now days when I design home automation system I use the controllers as networking device. I use the hardware controllers as a connection point to the software controllers. When I’m looking for a device to add to the hardware controller I look for devices that have good drive support for the hardware controller and what apps support is available though the digital assistances.

I hear what you’re saying, instead of providing free OS updates and selling feature updates it’s easier to charge a monthly fee and do both.

If I want to write a app for your platform are you going to have developer kits available for us like I have access to when I write a app for the digital assistances? Have you guys worked out yet how what percentage your app store will take for selling our apps?

we would love it for you to write new plugins/capabilities.
I don’t know how many % but it will be reasonable.

it is good to develop but it would be necessary to ensure the maintenance and the evolution as well. On other solutions, evolutions, plugins and addons are paid and often not updated, maintained or even abandoned, leaving users blocked. That’s why I don’t like it when it’s not the manufacturer’s devs who develop because with them, at least, the user will have follow-up, upgrades and maintenance.

So if I buy an Ezlo Plus or Secure, I get the Mios app for free for 3 to 5 years (3 or 5 ?). And what happens then?

What audience are you aiming at with this hardware independent solution. We already have some big players for the regular stuff (IFTTT, Google home, Amazon…) These all offer functionality for the standard stuff.

Imperihome is/was just a very good frontend aiming at those who have multiple systems and need one single dashboard app. (Looking to their pricing in the end that model didn’t work out well)

The stuff people do in this forum is one or more steps further than that. But this seems a small group to me. To support this you need a supporting web application to manage all devices and build more complex logic. I expect that to be part of the product hardware you sell and it to be updated for say 5 years.

You are trying to combine everything into one solution Mios and get money for that. It would be good to come up with a more clear proposal on how this program with options would look like. Make it more transparent to me/us what you are aiming at. (I’m more than willing to pay for a good app)

That’s what we are aiming to build. We are first building the framework to build a good app.
We just injected native script capability so that whatever we develop can be on ios/android/web (the new dashboard inside MiOS is running on nativescript.
Now we need to bring more sophisticated rule engine and integrations, virtual devices…
we already have the starting of “cloud scenes”…now you can create a scene that will run in cloud (great for connecting different things together) and so on.

Really?.. This is what you choose to reply to?

Yes.
too many moving parts, lets provide you something solid you can chew on…then we can talk…otherwise its just talk…

This is a beta enrollment, I suggest people sign up and seeing what it’s all about before saying it’s no good or it’s not worth it.
This is your chance to help shape the product and make sure it’s something worth paying for. I’m sure the end product will do a lot more then what has being mentioned here so far, they’re not going to build a paid product that only does what people do for free now.

1 Like

exactly!
Thank you!

personally I prefer to pay a control unit 100/200 euros more knowing that I have the guarantee that a great company gives good support and I have no more thoughts, rather than being asked for alms every month or every year.

1 Like

The point your are missing is:
Once you paid all your money upfront…you become a “cost center” to the company…they already got your money, so anything extra they do for you after they got your money will cost them money and eating into their profit…

In a monthly model, the company will be working their backsides off to keep you happy every month!

(I prefer you paying all the monies upfront, much better for the company to be honest)

The point you are missing is:

If the hardware would “cost” around 50USD, and you sold it for 250USD, an average life span of 5 years would mean 200/(5×12)=3.33USD per month. Thats how Vera used to do it.

Then release a faster/better “beast” every 2 years gives you 200/(2×12)=8.33USD per month. That’s how vera used to do it.

And that’s how I did it for around 8 years and 4 veras with them untill you bought the company.

This is just a matter of how you look at it and explain it.

I dont frikking care how you do the maths, I only liked a working product and a close user community (like it was).

Now all I see on this forum is a lot of “we are going to” and “we are working on”, “keep them coming guys”. But the reason for ever considering to buy a new vera every 2 years is gone…

No clear migration path, no clear compatibility path and no clear integration path…

That’s why I started to look for alternatives…

2 Likes

are you serious?
would I become a cost? that is, customers who periodically replace the control unit and are happy with the service praise the Vera system and therefore also free advertising but, the new “company” decides to charge less to bind the customer with a subscription …
But the genius who invented this cunning do you know that if a customer is happy they will buy again? In my opinion the cost is who thinks certain things.

1 Like

You have it all wrong.
Charging less doesn’t bind the customer. Continually building great products do.
you still have the option to pay all upfront, no one is forcing you to choose a monthly method. Just like you can buy a house all upfront cash or using a mortgage, its your call.
I am at a loss to see what your point is to be honest? :frowning: