Missing Field in 'Add Action' panel

An expected field seems to be missing (see attached screenshot below) from the “Add Action” dialogue of “Activities”. When trying to add a Device Action > (Ecobee) Thermostat Mode (device) > SetClimateHold??(E), there is no subfield to indicate the desired mode (e.g. ‘away’).

For comparison, when I do this same action using a Scene, the corresponding Advanced Editor reads:

Service: urn:ecobee-com:serviceId:Ecobee1 ► SetClimateHold
HoldClimateRef ► away

Thus it is this second parameter which I believe Reactor is missing, where one would choose from the available mode options (‘Home’, ‘Away’, ‘Night’ and ‘Vacation’).

P.S. Also, the link (under the Tools page of any Reactor device) for the ‘Reactor’ forum appears to be broken. It points to:

https://community.getvera.com/c/plugins-amp-plugin-development/reactor

whereas the actual forum link is subtly different (‘and’ not ‘amp’):

This is causing a (reproducible) “Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private.” error when the link is clicked.

Thanks for any guidance. This is the 1st roadblock I’ve encountered after two solid days of transcoding all my Scenes over to Reactor recipes and Switchboard ‘devices’.

• Libra

The service file for the Ecobee is broken and doesn’t declare the parameter correctly. This would be something for the author to fix, but the plugin doesn’t appear to have an active maintainer. I can work around it with an override in Reactor’s device info file, just give me a couple of hours.

Also it looks like you’ve got some odd extra characters in that group name… you may want to check that. Probably won’t harm anything, but looks odd.

Good eye. While setting up a bunch of Reactor recipes for use with the ecobee plug-in, I noticed almost all of the “groups” (as you call them) had two question marks and an E in parentheses at the end of their names, and figured that must be normal. However, I just inspected them again in Reactor and the funny characters no longer appear. Weird.

Meanwhile, I’ve been wondering what the small, squarish icon does in Reactor, whose hovertext reads “Focus on this group”. I only noticed it this morning, and it only appears on one of my Conditions (the 7th in a series of nearly identical subgroups).

Just curious! My inner beta tester cannot help noticing things like that, lol.

UPDATE: Morbid curiosity got the better of me, and I clicked it. Wow, it does something I’d been wanting so badly; namely, it Collapses all the other groups! I just wish (a) the same “Focus on this group” button appeared on all Subgroups (not just the last one), and (b) also was part of the Activities panel, where things can get just as busy. Nice touch, @rigpapa!!

THANKS FOR YOUR EXCELLENT WORK! Sending you more $ very soon.

• Libra

GOOD NEWS! Miraculously – either through your intervention, or due to several prophylactic reboots of my Vera Plus – the expected field now appears! (See screenshot below)

Oddly, the values it offers are not 1:1 matches for the expected ones, but will certainly suffice for my needs. Sorry if the issue in my OP was just a fluke on my end!? (My Vera unit became unresponsive within a couple of hours of my original post, thus suggesting that the system was becoming unstable … witness those odd text characters you mentioned.)

I can’t help wonder in what others ways the now-abandoned(?) ecobee plug-in suffers for lack of maintenance (lord knows we end-users tire of continually having to re-authorize it, but that’s the fault of Ecobee the company, not the plug-in developer!).

All is well, if you wanna close this topic!

Did you update the device info when prompted at some point? That would be the key. You must have it just as I finished.

No prompt at all, just me being antsy and checking the situation at random (evidently at a propitious moment?). Either way, bacon saved, and all is well. You da man.

In the absence of the correct definition for the field, all I could do is reverse engineer the possible values from what the plugin author added UI buttons for in the device dashboard/control panel definition. That field should allow you to type anything you want, though, if your desired value isn’t there.

1 Like