Mobile app showing no internet connection when on wifi

I noticed after the updates that caused issues for users logging into their accounts a few weeks ago that the mobile app no longer connects and gives a no internet connection while my phone is connected to my wifi network. After getting curious I disabled wifi on my phone and allowed the phone to connect to my mobile providers network and was able to connect to my account and see my controllers online once again., I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled the app and the problem persists.

Has anyone else experienced this behavior?

Could updating the app to include Ezlo atom introduced problems?
:unamused:

Hei mythtified1

1. Disconnect and Connect Again
    The first rule of IT-related fix is turning it off and on again, it fixes about 50 percent problems. So, if your phone is not connecting to the internet even if the phone is connected to the Wifi router. Go to the settings and turn the Wifi toggle off and on again and see if it fixes your issue.

2. Sometimes You Just Need to Forget
    If the above method didn’t work for then this solution may work for your problem. This solution is just an upgraded version of the previous solution but it works sometimes. All you have to do is forget the Wifi network you are connecting to and then connect back to it again.

Good luck,
casita24

Thx for the reply but you misunderstand the problem. My phone connects through wifi just fine. The issue is that when my phone is connected to wifi and I start Vera app the app reports that there is no internet connection. This is both puzzling and frustrating. I have to turn off wifi in order to get the app to work.

Hi, the only thing that occurs to me is that the app might be blocked from accessing the Internet. You can check that in settings, here’s a link which might help - https://www.digitalcitizen.life/how-block-internet-access-specific-apps-android

@Emmadorn43 Thx. The link mainly deals with disabling mobile networks and wifi from apps running on the phone. Of course it was a good idea to check to see if anything got unchecked. The other problem is that my android version is 10 and things don’t look quite the same. There are no check boxes to enable or disable those features in my phone. I will say that as the app is updated the problem is not as bad as it once was. I still get the message but at least the app will still connect to my controllers most of the time without disabling wifi.

Is there any solution to this issue?
Unfortunately, I installed 7.50.547 and this issue immediately become much worse. Occurring more than 50% of the time when either launching or waking from background.
Not a phone wifi issue as all other apps able to access data without issue.
Samsung S8 Active running Android 9.
Thanks.

Grayman1 is right. It has gotten worse. It is as if the app only wants a connection to a mobile network. When connected to wifi the mobile network is disconnected, all 4 controllers I have will show offline until I turn off wifi. If it weren’t for the two ezlo controllers i have, I wouldn’t use the app.

Hi everyone, I already reported this to our Android team. We’re looking into this
Thank you for your reports

Thx for the feedback. This has been going on for months.

1 Like

Hey All, I’m having the same issue, came here to report it.

But the weird thing is when the app running through wifi and says it has no internet connection I am still able to control all my scenes and devices.

That is not always true. It seems that after an update I can connect to my controllers but over time the controllers show offline until I turn off wifi.