Modem reboot by SSH if network loss

Catman I was triggered to answer based on :

I think it could be helpful if he can extract the key from there and copy to the vera box, that way no write needed on the router.

I don’t think so, but only one way to tell :slight_smile:
C

So looking at this dropbear_rsa_host_key host file with “vi” it showed strange content, starting with this string…
"^@^@^@^Gssh-rsa^…
So it seems unlike the format I expected for key file. i.e.
ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc…C1vSjw2Xcm9KU9mXJtKRj @

Reading here, it seems dropbear_rsa_host_key is a ‘private’ key but I need to create a ‘public’ key under /.ssh/authorized_keys.
Which clearly I can’t do because I don’t have RW access to create folders & files.

Also, is there a SSH version issue between the dropbear key and the key that would be used on Vera? Reading here, it seems I would perhaps need to convert the dropbear key format to a standard SSH format recognisable by Vera with:
dropbearkey -y -f ~/.ssh/id_rsa | grep “^ssh-rsa ” >> authorized_keys

But again, I’m unable to do this because of the ‘Read Only’ limitation on the Router. And the “dropbearkey” command on the Router isn’t available or recognised.

Any ideas?

Not from me, I’m afraid. :frowning: I think you’re out of luck

C

If dropbearkey was on the router you could try using an external USB drive to output the key format you need to the USB , but based on comment it sounds like that utility is not present. I’m struggling to think of another way … if you figure something out please post your solution :slight_smile: Good luck

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.