monoprice Zwave RGB Smart bulb

[url=https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=27482&cl=res&utm_source=171017_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=zwave_bulb_hero&utm_campaign=171017_rgbbulb]Products no longer Available

has anyone used this Zwave RGB bulb yet? Its significantly cheaper than the aeotec that is confirmed to work and not that much more than a white LED. Was looking to use it for an outdoor post light.

I bought 4. Work OK, no frills. Color display on Vera UI doesn’t show the selected color.

Hi - I just bought two of these. They worked for maybe 10mins. Now they only turn on/off and dim… do not change colors. When I look at the variable history in AltUI, it shows the change, but then it changes right back to cool white:

Date Old New
03/15/18 8:08:37.328 0=0,1=0,2=232,3=60,4=11 0=230,1=0,2=232,3=60,4=11
03/15/18 8:08:36.554 0=230,1=0,2=161,3=233,4=11 0=0,1=0,2=232,3=60,4=11

I tried to Delete via VERA and AltUI and it will not delete.

Anyone else?

About to try parameter 255 which resets bulb to factory

I bought eight of them. Four ground level and two for each porch level. They work great. I set scenes where each floor is different ie red-white-blue or green for St Patties day etc. My only complaint is changing the colors is tedious. In order to get each bulb exactly the same you have to use your computer (phone and ipad much less precision) …find the color you like… and go into the variables screen to copy the numerical value. You must then copy that value to each other device as current color and target color. Too bad there is not a way to simply choose basic colors like “warm white”-“red”- “blue” etc.

I have two - agree that changing color is harder than I would like; and programming a scene requires hex number. Also they get recognized as dimmer light on Alexa; not RGB. The ones I got were manufactured by Hank in China.

Hello, we’ve added an Integration Request for this device, it should get included, tested and released asap.

Thank you for your feedback and interest!

[quote=“paulcusick3, post:3, topic:197565”]Hi - I just bought two of these. They worked for maybe 10mins. Now they only turn on/off and dim… do not change colors. When I look at the variable history in AltUI, it shows the change, but then it changes right back to cool white:

Date Old New
03/15/18 8:08:37.328 0=0,1=0,2=232,3=60,4=11 0=230,1=0,2=232,3=60,4=11
03/15/18 8:08:36.554 0=230,1=0,2=161,3=233,4=11 0=0,1=0,2=232,3=60,4=11

I tried to Delete via VERA and AltUI and it will not delete.

Anyone else?

About to try parameter 255 which resets bulb to factory[/quote]

I’m assuming you sorted this out, but I discovered that the white channels override the color channels. I thought my bulbs were bad and was going to return them because they stopped changing colors. Then I read somewhere that they give preference to the white channels. What was happening was I had slid the slider for the whites all the way down and changing colors did nothing. Once I slid it down all the way (which is sort of tricky for my big fingers and the app) colors work again.

I bought 3 of these, they installed fine but now I get “cant detect device” errors. 2 are at the front of the house and one is at the back. The front two are either side of my garage door. The garage door opener is connected to a Linear garage door opener which includes a repeater so i thought they should be in range as that device is 10_15 ft away

Anyone else have similar issues, or can suggest trouble shooting?

[quote=“Ionut S, post:6, topic:197565”]Hello, we’ve added an Integration Request for this device, it should get included, tested and released asap.

Thank you for your feedback and interest![/quote]

Hi, is there an update to this integration request? I bought the rgb zwave bulbs (hank-tech) from the smartest house which are the same as the monoprice bulbs and would love to see this working better asap.

Thanks!
Steve

I bought the monoprice RGB bulb and installed it using the Hank option in add new device. I can get it to work perfectly when I am beside the Vera but when I move it Vera can’t find it even though it is 8’ from a zwave wall dimmer. I tried a test and moved it 10’ from the vera hub and it would start having problems. I am not sure if the bulb has bad range, i should use something else other than the hank profile or if it just can’t talk to other nodes?