Motion sensor keeps showing up in Vera as door/window sensor

I have several Visonic motion sensors of type K9-85 MCW. One of them keeps showing up in Vera as a door/window sensor. I’have tried changing its sone number and name, but still keeps showing up as a door/window sensor no matter what I try.

This is not a big deal - but just out of curiosity - has anyone experienced the same?

[quote=“cozmokramer, post:1, topic:187980”]I have several Visonic motion sensors of type K9-85 MCW. One of them keeps showing up in Vera as a door/window sensor. I’have tried changing its sone number and name, but still keeps showing up as a door/window sensor no matter what I try.

This is not a big deal - but just out of curiosity - has anyone experienced the same?[/quote]

I don’t have the device but you need to create a support ticket for Vera and get it on their radar as their is probably a device file or property that doesn’t report to the Vera standard causing it to appear as something other than what it is.

I don’t think Vera will help you as the devices are created by a plug-in/app.
Get in contact with forum member “nlrb”.
He can explain or help you with it.

Thanks for replying guys.

Since I have several of these motion sensors and two of them shows up as they should, but the third does show up as a door/window-sensor - it’s kind of hard to determine what causes the fault.

Does “nlrb” watch this forum, or would I need to PM him?

Hello
I have just successfully interfaced my Powermax Express using the plug in. It all went amazingly well. I got this rather dubious looking UART board and cable kit plus a UART to USb converter cable, installed the Visonic plugin and lo and behold all my existing sensors appear in the vera interface. I have even been able to set the Vera Home/Away mode from my existing Visonic key-fob. So now, when the alarm system is set, so the Vera state is set to AWAY and all the rest of the actions follow. Womderful stuff indeed. I then realised that I had a couple of spare motion detectors of the same type as noted in this post (K9-85 MCW) and enrolled them in the PowerMax. I too have the same issue in that they come up in Vera as door sensors. To me it must be something to do with the zone type I am selecting because I can’t see how the sensor itself will provide any information up to Vera. But I have not yet been able to sort this out. I have though of manually editing the variables to load the correct xml file.

Did you figure this out4994james?

I can summarize how I fixed it:
In the powermax plugin settings, I unchecked the “autocreate devices”. Then in in “zones” tab, I manually adjusted the sensor to motionsensor. Problem solved :slight_smile:

Yes thank you this has worked. I think the code must be missing these devices so it defaults.

I would be interested in analyzing this issue.
Both of you have a Powermax Express ?
What version of the plugin are you using ? Can you show me your version in code.mios.com or attach your file L_Powermax.lua. I will update it to add a trace that should help us to debug this issue.

I’m using PowerMax Pro.

Plugin version 1.2.

“L_Powermax.lua” ? I dont have any such file located on Veras file system…

If you are using plugin from the original author, you should have these kinds of files
http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_visonic-powermax/browser/trunk

Original author? Are there several Powermax plugins?

I think I just clicked “install apps”, searched for “powermax”, then clicked install…

I have none of the files in your link on Veras filesystem…At least I’m not able to find them using “find”.

find / -name D_Powermax.json -print shows nothing…

I do have files containing the name “Powermax” though:

root@MiOS_35107552:~# find / -name *Powermax* -print /etc/cmh-ludl/D_PowermaxPartition2.xml.lzo /etc/cmh-ludl/L_Powermax.lua.lzo /etc/cmh-ludl/S_Powermax.xml.lzo /etc/cmh-ludl/D_Powermax.xml.lzo /etc/cmh-ludl/I_Powermax.xml.lzo /etc/cmh-ludl/J_Powermax.js.lzo /etc/cmh-ludl/D_Powermax.json.lzo /etc/cmh-ludl/D_PowermaxPartition2.json.lzo /overlay/etc/cmh-ludl/D_PowermaxPartition2.xml.lzo /overlay/etc/cmh-ludl/L_Powermax.lua.lzo /overlay/etc/cmh-ludl/S_Powermax.xml.lzo /overlay/etc/cmh-ludl/D_Powermax.xml.lzo /overlay/etc/cmh-ludl/I_Powermax.xml.lzo /overlay/etc/cmh-ludl/J_Powermax.js.lzo /overlay/etc/cmh-ludl/D_Powermax.json.lzo /overlay/etc/cmh-ludl/D_PowermaxPartition2.json.lzo

But they’re all postfixed with “lzo” …I have no clue what that means ;D

I think I read that Vera Corp modified at a certain time the plugin without notifying or consulting the author. After that episode, I doubt you can expect any help from the author.

L_Powermax.lua.lzo is the file I need. It is a compressed version of the full file. If you don’t know how to uncompress it, I will do it myself.

See attached file…

I can’t read your file.
Did you uncompress it ? As the file is without .lzo extension, it is what I have assumed.

Strange. I did uncompress it on Vera.
Is it supposed to be a binary or text file?

Once uncompressed, it is a text file abd its size should be around 133 kb.

Ok, seems I’m unable to decompress it, so I have zipped the lzo file (was not allowed to attach the lzo file directly) and attached it to this post.

Easier method… In the Vera UI, go to Apps/develop apps/luup files… find the file name (without the “.lzo” on the end) and click on the “download” link… The Vera will decompress the file and send it to you…

The Vera compresses all the files in the “/etc/cmh-ludl” directory… when you upload a file via the UI, it is automatically compressed… when you download a file from the UI it is automatically decompressed. The LuaUPnP engine automatically handles the decompression when using the files.

Thank you cybrimage, didn’t know of that option.
Attaching the uncompressed file to this post, just in case.