Move Conditions/Actions?

Is there a way to either move or duplicate a set of actions/conditions/triggers to another PLEG instance? I have a licence for 4, but I’ve done all my logic in once instance. It’s become difficult to manage, so I want to separate an instance for lighting actions, and then another one for home state actions. If I can duplicate the instance, I can just delete what I don’t need in the other instance.

You have tried the PLEG back-up and restore? In theory, you should be able to restore one PLEG into another new instance.

For me, I generally just cut-and-paste what I want from a PDF of the status report…

[quote=“wilme2, post:2, topic:200588”]You have tried the PLEG back-up and restore? In theory, you should be able to restore one PLEG into another new instance.

For me, I generally just cut-and-paste what I want from a PDF of the status report…[/quote]

I did try backup/restore, but it wouldn’t import. I think it needs to import to either the same device ID, or when it verifies, it looks to see if stuff is already there. Not exactly sure, but it gives me an error that it can’t find something.

I ended up manually copying and pasting to another instance. I guess it would be a nice “feature” request to have the ability to export to another instance, but it is what it is.

On a side note, does anyone have any idea why the triggers seem to sort themselves alphabetically, but conditions and actions do not? Just the OCD in me asking.

[quote=“tamorgen, post:4, topic:200588”]I ended up manually copying and pasting to another instance. I guess it would be a nice “feature” request to have the ability to export to another instance, but it is what it is.

On a side note, does anyone have any idea why the triggers seem to sort themselves alphabetically, but conditions and actions do not? Just the OCD in me asking.[/quote]

The order of the conditions can be important - as that is the order in which they get evaluated and the associated action executes. So if one condition relies on the status of another, you want to move them around.

Triggers, being inputs, happen outside of PLEG. Hence they happen whenever they happen, their order in PLEG doesn’t matter…