(Moved) Yellow Warning Triangle on ReactorSensor

Nice work Patrick. Almost everything seems to have automatically migrated over without issue - except for one logic sensor (luckily a minor one).

The one sensor that isn’t working shows an exclamation mark in the devices list but I cant see anything wrong with it in the conditions or activities sections.

Scratch that - It was user error caused by a device I’d deleted and re-created everywhere else but in this one sensor.

Perfect! Worked exactly as I’d hoped. Also, the device would be flagged in the Logic Summary, both in the condition or activity in which it used, and with an entry in the “Events” section if it was encountered during condition evaluation or activity run. Expression/variable issues are also flagged this way.

Yeah, it was flagged in the conditional logic as a missing device but I didn’t notice it initially - once I took the time to look properly it was quite obvious. :sunglasses:

I’m looking forward to the YouTube videos as I still haven’t got my head around exactly how I can use this deeper logic structure to rationalize my current sensor suite.

1 Like

After a few hours of staring (with my eyelids propped open by toothpicks) at my “triangled” RS, I finally located where the “missing/unknown device” lay. The Logic Summary was helpful (telling me it was #235), but searching Activities and Conditions and Expressions for “#235” kept coming up empty.

I finally pinpointed it in Status…

FEATURE REQUEST: Highlight trouble spots in red (not just in Activities, but all panes, as well as the Logic Summary)??

NOTE: It was a reference to Dark Sky, which I had deleted a while back.

Can do, at least for Conditions (I think Activities is well-covered already). Expressions… not so much. It takes actual evaluation of expressions to know for sure, as the device number references in a getstate() or finddevice() could come from an other variable, or an enclosing iterate(), etc.

2 Likes