Native Google Home Integration

I didnt want to post this in the Google Home part of the forum as it appears to be more of a “Concierge” forum but is there any light as to when we might see native GH integration with Vera? there was some general comments from some mios ppl saying its in development and it should be an imminent addition, however it would appear nothing has materialized.

I have a full Echo setup at home and 1 mini and was looking at migrating to GH as I have 7 Chromecast Audios and 4 Chromecasts within my house and would like to “retire” the echo setup as it is very sluggish (although its pretty bulletprooof)

The only reason for not going the concierge route is that it requires a PC to run it (which I dont have… well I do but its an Atom so whats the point) and the last time i ran it on my laptop it decided to render my Vera useless with polling nodes.

Vera+GH Native +1 please!!!

Can’t comment on native integration, but an Atom is probably more than powerful enough to run a Linux installation and the Concierge app.

I agree. I have an Atom running a backup Plex Server on Windows 10 Home. Except for low memory, it is working well.

Sorry guys, to stay on point - I actually wasnt asking about what VC would run on…

I was asking when we can see native GH implementation… Mios???

Not much help, but I received an email from VERA support back on 14th Feb that said that they were currently working on GH integration, although no ETA. They did suggest keeping an eye on their release notes for any updates [url=http://support.getvera.com/customer/portal/topics/666697-release-notes/articles]http://support.getvera.com/customer/portal/topics/666697-release-notes/articles[/url] which hasn’t been updated since the end of January.

tbh GH integration was the main reason that I decided to go down the VERA path so I really hope that it won’t be too much longer! :slight_smile:

I’m in the exact same boat as you.

I don’t have the time to fiddle with concierge.

Agreed. The fiddle comment is exactly how I feel.

Currently I have Amazon echos set up but they are painfully slow to react.

Looking for something that doesn’t need another PC running full time (something else that can hang)

Pls Mios. Can we get GH integration before Google overtakes the world and Mios is left to pick up the scraps.

Don’t expect Google Home integration any time soon or at all. I was told about a year ago that native Google Home integration was in the coming weeks. Although I still kept my Vera Plus, I have since moved on to Smartthings and have enjoyed every minute of it. All my z-wave and zigbee devices are running locally, not in the cloud by the way.

Vera concierge is pretty awesome check the plugins section

It’s all ok now.

I defected to homeseer - much faster than Vera w native GH support.

Yeah. I’m tired of waiting for this. 2 years now, I bought into the Vera ecosystem so much that I didnt want to migrate to something else…but meh, I am removing the last of my devices and putting mine up on Craigs list.

Oh well. Vera was fun while it lasted but the longer I wait, the more obvious it’s not going to happen and Google Home took on another huge wave of support for new products and the list will only grow. I’ll likely get a SmartThings hub just as a bridge to my Z-Wave stuff. Google Home now recognizes other status beside “on” and “off” so that’s another big plus. It will only continue to get better.

Adios Vera!

Vera, we have been waiting for too long for google home integration. where is it???

[quote=“Thinkfire, post:11, topic:198852”]Yeah. I’m tired of waiting for this. 2 years now, I bought into the Vera ecosystem so much that I didnt want to migrate to something else…but meh, I am removing the last of my devices and putting mine up on Craigs list.

Oh well. Vera was fun while it lasted but the longer I wait, the more obvious it’s not going to happen and Google Home took on another huge wave of support for new products and the list will only grow. I’ll likely get a SmartThings hub just as a bridge to my Z-Wave stuff. Google Home now recognizes other status beside “on” and “off” so that’s another big plus. It will only continue to get better.

Adios Vera![/quote]

Thinkfire, do you have any personal experience with SmartThings (good or bad)? I was considering making the same move myself. Between the lack of progress on Google Home integration, lack of progress on IFTTT, and having to open the Vera Mobile App four blocks from home while out on a walk to be signed in to unlock the door by the time I get home, I’m ready to give another platform a try. Looking at some online documentation it looks like SmartThings scenes can’t have a delay (to for example turn on a light, wait five minutes, then turn it off). I’m hoping I just missed something and it would actually do things like that. Thanks

I have the same issue, Alexa everywhere and one mini. The vera connect isn’t even an option anymore. This is a serious issue.

[quote=“vikes0115, post:13, topic:198852”][quote=“Thinkfire, post:11, topic:198852”]Yeah. I’m tired of waiting for this. 2 years now, I bought into the Vera ecosystem so much that I didnt want to migrate to something else…but meh, I am removing the last of my devices and putting mine up on Craigs list.

Adios Vera![/quote]

Thinkfire, do you have any personal experience with SmartThings (good or bad)? I was considering making the same move myself. Between the lack of progress on Google Home integration, lack of progress on IFTTT, and having to open the Vera Mobile App four blocks from home while out on a walk to be signed in to unlock the door by the time I get home, I’m ready to give another platform a try. Looking at some online documentation it looks like SmartThings scenes can’t have a delay (to for example turn on a light, wait five minutes, then turn it off). I’m hoping I just missed something and it would actually do things like that. Thanks[/quote]

For those intererested in defecting I have a long posting on the SmartThings community reviewing the options. I defected from SmartThings and Hubitat and Vera and Home Assistant… :slight_smile: I run HomeSeer as my primary system.

Interesting… I will look it up though for me after much work on the vera, I am very close to not moving any more. Albeit with a neutered vera and almighty openLuup and supporting Home assistant.

I still keep the systems around. I have a HomeSeer plugin to integrate Vera so I still support that. Lets me use the very few ZigBee devices Vera supports but through my HomeSeer system. Essentially a bridge to use the Vera as a device controller.

The deCONZ interface is getting better all the time so the day of using Vera for Zigbee are getting shorter, or I may also write a Hubitat plugin now that they have finally made it possible with the Maker API to interact with the system remotely.

Too busy lately focused on starting up a new GPS service specifically for IoT and Home Automations needs though…

I have held on to Vera because the “logic” is in the box and does not need to connect to the internet. Is the “logic” for SmartThings or HomeSeer on board or does it have to connect to the outside world?

I’ve been a loyal customer through three generations of Vera abd have a lot of Z-
wave devices. I’m tired of waiting for Google Home supporrt. I’m also ready to move to homeseer if it will work with my existing Z-Wave and new Nest equipment.

Technical assistance:
Philio pan04 is lamp, Philio pan06 is lamp and Philio PAN08-B is shutter.
Google home considers tdo as generic device