Need assistance getting my openHAB environment working

Hi guessed,

excuse me for the question, but I started to use OH on Raspberry with my Veralite (UI5) and I suppose there is some stupid error.

Following the log and the very simple item:

23:35:34.491 [DEBUG] [i.internal.GenericItemProvider:334 ] - Start processing binding configuration of Item ‘Luci_Giardino (Type=SwitchItem, State=Uninitialized)’ with ‘MiosBindingProviderImpl’ reader.
23:35:34.507 [DEBUG] [.b.m.i.MiosBindingProviderImpl:143 ] - processBindingConfiguration: Exception parsing/validating context ‘DB_Home_VeraLite.items’, item’Luci_Giardino (Type=SwitchItem, State=Uninitialized)', bindingConfig ‘unit:DB_Home_VeraLite,device:4/service/SwitchPower1’. Exception is Config for item ‘Luci_Giardino’ could not be parsed. Bad general format ‘unit:DB_Home_VeraLite,device:4/service/SwitchPower1’.
23:35:34.545 [ERROR] [i.internal.GenericItemProvider:343 ] - Binding configuration of type ‘mios’ of item ‘Luci_Giardino‘ could not be parsed correctly.
org.openhab.model.item.binding.BindingConfigParseException: Config for item ‘Luci_Giardino’ could not be parsed. Bad general format ‘unit:DB_Home_VeraLite,device:4/service/SwitchPower1’

ITEM :

Group Rooms (All)
Group Garden “Garden” (Rooms)
Group GSwitch “Switchs” (Rooms)
Switch Luci_Giardino “Luci Giardino” (Garden,GSwitch) {mios=“unit:DB_Home_VeraLite,device:4/service/SwitchPower1”}

tnks

donato

donato,
You’ll want to look at the last/3rd example from this Documentation link:
MiOS Binding · openhab/openhab1-addons Wiki · GitHub

From there, the example Light Switch Item declaration is:

Switch   FamilyTheatreLightsStatus "Family Theatre Lights" (GSwitch) {mios="unit:house,device:13/service/SwitchPower1/Status"}

and yours is:

Switch   Luci_Giardino "Luci Giardino" (Garden,GSwitch) {mios="unit:DB_Home_VeraLite,device:4/service/SwitchPower1"}

Putting them side-by-side, it looks like you’re just missing the “/Status” part of the binding declaration, after the ServiceId Alias (“SwitchPower1”)

Note also that the Unit name should also be Alpha-Numeric, per the comment at the bottom of this:

If I’m not enforcing it now, I may choose to do so down the line, so it’ll be best to align it now.

eg. DBHomeVeraLite instead of DB_Home_VeraLite

Hope that helps, but if you have other issues feel free to attach the Items file and/or Sitemap file since it’ll be easier for you to post those.

Hi Guessed,

thank you very much for your support. Now it seems ok.

donato

[quote=“d55m14, post:3, topic:185624”]Hi Guessed,

donato[/quote]

Cool, glad you got it online!

[quote=“guessed, post:4, topic:185624”][quote=“d55m14, post:3, topic:185624”]Hi Guessed,

donato[/quote]

Cool, glad you got it online![/quote]

Hi Guessed,

I linked a VeraEdge (UI7) controller too where I’ve active a Thermostat and and Actuator. I’d like to change the setpoint temperaure but I can’t get in OH. I only get the actual setpoint with no possibility to change.

Attached is the items file.

Here’s the relevant openHAB Item definition [snippet] (from my OH/configurations/items/house.items) for my two [Nest] Thermostats:

Number ThermostatUpstairsHeatCurrentSetpoint "Heat Setpoint [%.1f ?F]" <temperature> (GThermostatUpstairs) {mios="unit:house,device:335/service/TemperatureSetpoint1_Heat/CurrentSetpoint"} Number ThermostatDownstairsHeatCurrentSetpoint "Heat Setpoint [%.1f ?F]" <temperature> (GThermostatDownstairs) {mios="unit:house,device:384/service/TemperatureSetpoint1_Heat/CurrentSetpoint"}

and here’s the relevant openHAB Sitemap definition [snippet] (from my OH/configurations/sitemaps/house.sitemap) that I use for Upstairs:

Text item=ThermostatUpstairsCurrentTemperature valuecolor=[ThermostatUpstairsModeState=="Cooling"="BLUE",ThermostatUpstairsModeState=="HeatOn"=="RED",NestHomeStatus==OFF="SILVER"] { Setpoint item=ThermostatUpstairsHeatCurrentSetpoint minValue=40 maxValue=80 valuecolor=[NestHomeStatus==OFF="SILVER"] Setpoint item=ThermostatUpstairsCoolCurrentSetpoint minValue=40 maxValue=80 valuecolor=[NestHomeStatus==OFF="SILVER"] Switch item=ThermostatUpstairsModeStatus mappings=[HeatOn="Heat", CoolOn="Cool", AutoChangeOver="Auto", Off="Off"] valuecolor=[NestHomeStatus==OFF="SILVER"] Switch item=ThermostatUpstairsFanMode mappings=[ContinuousOn="On", Auto="Auto"] valuecolor=[NestHomeStatus==OFF="SILVER"] Text item=ThermostatHumidityUpstairsCurrentLevel valuecolor=[NestHomeStatus==OFF="SILVER"] Text item=ThermostatUpstairsFanStatus valuecolor=[NestHomeStatus==OFF="SILVER"] Text item=ThermostatUpstairsModeState valuecolor=[NestHomeStatus==OFF="SILVER"] Text item=ThermostatUpstairsBatteryLevel valuecolor=[NestHomeStatus==OFF="SILVER"] Text item=ThermostatUpstairsBatteryDate valuecolor=[NestHomeStatus==OFF="SILVER"] }

I ran this just now, using the openHAB “Classic” UI Client under Chrome, and could see that the changes I made in Chrome were reflected in the iPhone Nest application.

There are times though where the Chrome UI gets out of sync with openHAB. The changes always get pushed through, but there appear to be times that the Chrome/Classic UI doesn’t reflect changes in the underlying area.

One other thing to check is whether you’ve copied-forward the requisite openHAB MAP Transformation files, per this step in the Doc:

If these are missing, then no commands will ever be sent down to MiOS/Vera, and there will be errors reported in [tt]OH/logs/openhab.log[/tt]

hi guessed,

I copied all the MAP transformation files.

To help can you give me some more info on the link between your Sitemap definitions and the Items ?

tnks

donato

[quote=“d55m14, post:7, topic:185624”]hi guessed,

I copied all the MAP transformation files.

To help can you give me some more info on the link between your Sitemap definitions and the Items ?

tnks

donato[/quote]

I’m not sure what you’re asking.

In my setup, I have a set of Items files and a set of SiteMap files.

The Items files include my MiOS-Derived stuff (eg. OH/configurations/items/house.items) and the Sitemaps include a page with ALL of my MiOS Items on it (eg. OH/configurations/sitemaps/house.sitemap)

The sitemap file is required for the clients (iOS, ClassicUI, etc) to render the Items, and to perform certain UI-only transformations.

The snippet from my previous post showed a small section of my Items file, relevant for the T-Stats, as well as the counterpart snippet of my Sitemap. In both cases, these snippets need to be placed into a larger (complete) openHAB Items and/or Sitemap file.

For the Sitemap snippet, I put in some of the surrounding Items that I also derive from MiOS/Vera, you can trim these out if you don’t have them in your environment (note: the names will be the ones that you chose, from your Items file, not the ones I’ve provided)

hi guessed,

I’m working on your items generated with load.sh and transform.sh.

In particular I’m trying to change in OH the setpoint temperature of a thermostat . I’ve defined a setpoint and associated a MAP file (miosTStatSetpointHeatCommand). Attached is an hardcopy of UI.

When I try to change the setpoint I get the following msg :

[size=8pt]2015-01-28 21:01:59.195 [WARN ] [b.m.internal.MiosUnitConnector] - invokeDevice: Command ‘11’ not supported, or missing command: mapping, for Item ‘TermostatoInternoSetpointTarget’[/size]

The item definition is :

[size=8pt]String TermostatoInternoSetpointTarget “Termostato Interno FIXME SetpointTarget [%s]” { mios=“unit:DBHomeVeraEdge,device:6/service/urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1/SetpointTarget,command:MAP(miosTStatSetpointHeatCommand.map)” }
[/size]

If I change the value from VeraEdge the value in OH UI changes correctly.

tnks donato

You should try binding:

{mios="unit:DBHomeVeraEdge,device:6/service/[b]TemperatureSetpoint1_Heat/CurrentSetpoint[/b]"} [i]OR[/i] {mios="unit:DBHomeVeraEdge,device:6/service/[b]urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1_Heat/CurrentSetpoint[/b]"}

instead of:

{mios="unit:DBHomeVeraEdge,device:6/service/[b]urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1/SetpointTarget[/b],command:MAP(miosTStatSetpointHeatCommand.map)"}

I’m not sure where you definition came from, as the ones in the Documentation appear to be correct:

This is what my [DEBUG] logs show through that same sequence, when initiated from an iPhone using the [aliased] green-highlighted definition above:

13:54:27.494 DEBUG o.o.i.r.i.r.ItemResource[:197]- Received HTTP POST request at 'items/ThermostatUpstairsHeatCurrentSetpoint' with value '52.0'. 13:54:27.498 DEBUG o.o.b.m.internal.MiosBinding[:252]- internalReceiveCommand: itemName 'ThermostatUpstairsHeatCurrentSetpoint', command '52.0' 13:54:27.501 DEBUG o.o.b.m.i.MiosUnitConnector[:175]- invokeDevice: Need to remote-invoke Device 'unit:house,device:335/service/urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1_Heat/CurrentSetpoint' action '52.0' and current state '52') 13:54:27.504 WARN o.o.c.t.i.s.MapTransformationService[:70]- Could not find a mapping for '52.0' in the file 'miosTStatSetpointHeatCommand.map'. 13:54:27.505 DEBUG o.o.b.m.i.MiosUnitConnector[:200]- invokeDevice: decoded as serviceName 'urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1_Heat' serviceAction 'SetCurrentSetpoint' serviceParam 'NewCurrentSetpoint' serviceValue '??' 13:54:27.507 DEBUG o.o.b.m.i.MiosUnitConnector[:246]- callMios: Would like to fire off the URL 'http://192.168.1.xxx:3480/data_request?id=action&DeviceNum=335&serviceId=urn%3Aupnp-org%3AserviceId%3ATemperatureSetpoint1_Heat&action=SetCurrentSetpoint&NewCurrentSetpoint=52.0'

This is my Heat Setpoint definition:

Number ThermostatUpstairsHeatCurrentSetpoint "Heat Setpoint [%.1f ?F]" <temperature> (GThermostatUpstairs) {mios="unit:house,device:335/service/TemperatureSetpoint1_Heat/CurrentSetpoint"}

So it’ll pickup all the internal defaults for “[tt]command:[/tt]” etc.

And here’s the [standard] contents of my miosTStatSetpointHeatCommand.map file, just for reference:

_defaultCommand=urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1_Heat/SetCurrentSetpoint(NewCurrentSetpoint=??)

hi guessed,

it seems that the iphone app works correctly setting the setpoint temperature of thermostat while the web UI interface doesn’t increment or decrement the value so the http command (correctly posted to unit) doesn’t change the actual value.

Have you tried the web UI interface ?

I’m not sure but about the file ITEMS created by your tools it seems that in the row of a device relative to the status there is no device number . For example :

[size=10pt]String FoscamDBMotionSensorDeviceStatus “Foscam_DB Motion Sensor Device Status [%s]” (GDevice) {mios=“unit:DBHomeVeraEdge,device:/status”}
[/size]

tnks donato

[quote=“d55m14, post:11, topic:185624”]it seems that the iphone app works correctly setting the setpoint temperature of thermostat while the web UI interface doesn’t increment or decrement the value so the http command (correctly posted to unit) doesn’t change the actual value.

Have you tried the web UI interface ?[/quote]

Under Chrome, yes. I tried it with both the Chrome/Desktop UI as well as under iOS Native app and both made the changes correctly in Vera (and, in my case, the underlying Nest Thermostat driven by @watou’s Nest Plugin handywork)

I'm not sure but about the file ITEMS created by your tools it seems that in the row of a device relative to the status there is no device number . For example :

[size=10pt]String FoscamDBMotionSensorDeviceStatus “Foscam_DB Motion Sensor Device Status [%s]” (GDevice) {mios=“unit:DBHomeVeraEdge,device:/status”}[/size]

Yup, that was a bug. I was printing the status value, instead of the ID value when generating that particular string. I’ve patched the file, and re-pushed it to Box.net so it’ll generate correctly next time.

Note that there are still likely issues in the generator, so it will need to be double checked before using it wholesale.

Thanks for the catch!

Hi guessed,

I’m trying to get the Power Usage (Watt) from a Fibaro Wall Plug and graph the value (I’ve activate rrd4j persistence). I’d like to get average value every 5 seconds (in a second phase I’d like to integrate a Current Cost monitor) : have you any experience o idea in this area ?

thank you

donato

[quote=“d55m14, post:13, topic:185624”]Hi guessed,

I’m trying to get the Power Usage (Watt) from a Fibaro Wall Plug and graph the value (I’ve activate rrd4j persistence). I’d like to get average value every 5 seconds (in a second phase I’d like to integrate a Current Cost monitor) : have you any experience o idea in this area ?

thank you

donato[/quote]

I’ve not re-enabled my Energy Monitoring in Vera (it can’t handle the traffic) but I adapted the Demo (Weather) openHAB Graphs/Charts for Temperature (Upstairs/Downstairs/Outside/Garage)

If you’ve got the original openHAB Demo Item/SiteMap files, it’s trivial to adapt them to other use-cases.

For reference, here are the Demo Items & Sitemap files:
https://github.com/openhab/openhab/blob/master/distribution/openhabhome/configurations/items/demo.items
https://github.com/openhab/openhab/blob/master/distribution/openhabhome/configurations/sitemaps/demo.sitemap

Notes:

1. Weather_Chart_Period is an unbound Item acting as the /Hour/Day/Week “selector” for the Chart.
  2. Weather_Chart is a Group containing all the Items to be Graphed.

[quote=“guessed, post:10, topic:185624”]You should try binding:

{mios="unit:DBHomeVeraEdge,device:6/service/[b]TemperatureSetpoint1_Heat/CurrentSetpoint[/b]"} [i]OR[/i] {mios="unit:DBHomeVeraEdge,device:6/service/[b]urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1_Heat/CurrentSetpoint[/b]"}

instead of:

{mios="unit:DBHomeVeraEdge,device:6/service/[b]urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1/SetpointTarget[/b],command:MAP(miosTStatSetpointHeatCommand.map)"}

I’m not sure where you definition came from, as the ones in the Documentation appear to be correct:

This is what my [DEBUG] logs show through that same sequence, when initiated from an iPhone using the [aliased] green-highlighted definition above:

13:54:27.494 DEBUG o.o.i.r.i.r.ItemResource[:197]- Received HTTP POST request at 'items/ThermostatUpstairsHeatCurrentSetpoint' with value '52.0'. 13:54:27.498 DEBUG o.o.b.m.internal.MiosBinding[:252]- internalReceiveCommand: itemName 'ThermostatUpstairsHeatCurrentSetpoint', command '52.0' 13:54:27.501 DEBUG o.o.b.m.i.MiosUnitConnector[:175]- invokeDevice: Need to remote-invoke Device 'unit:house,device:335/service/urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1_Heat/CurrentSetpoint' action '52.0' and current state '52') 13:54:27.504 WARN o.o.c.t.i.s.MapTransformationService[:70]- Could not find a mapping for '52.0' in the file 'miosTStatSetpointHeatCommand.map'. 13:54:27.505 DEBUG o.o.b.m.i.MiosUnitConnector[:200]- invokeDevice: decoded as serviceName 'urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1_Heat' serviceAction 'SetCurrentSetpoint' serviceParam 'NewCurrentSetpoint' serviceValue '??' 13:54:27.507 DEBUG o.o.b.m.i.MiosUnitConnector[:246]- callMios: Would like to fire off the URL 'http://192.168.1.xxx:3480/data_request?id=action&DeviceNum=335&serviceId=urn%3Aupnp-org%3AserviceId%3ATemperatureSetpoint1_Heat&action=SetCurrentSetpoint&NewCurrentSetpoint=52.0'

This is my Heat Setpoint definition:

Number ThermostatUpstairsHeatCurrentSetpoint "Heat Setpoint [%.1f ?F]" <temperature> (GThermostatUpstairs) {mios="unit:house,device:335/service/TemperatureSetpoint1_Heat/CurrentSetpoint"}

So it’ll pickup all the internal defaults for “[tt]command:[/tt]” etc.

And here’s the [standard] contents of my miosTStatSetpointHeatCommand.map file, just for reference:

_defaultCommand=urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1_Heat/SetCurrentSetpoint(NewCurrentSetpoint=??) [/quote]

Maybe I didn’t get it, but I have the same problem…

Running Mac OS X with Safari with GreenT interface.

Console output:

23:21:38.135 [DEBUG] [o.i.r.i.resources.ItemResource:197 ] - Received HTTP POST request at 'items/FloorHeatingCurrentSetpointHeat/' with value '15'. 23:21:38.142 [DEBUG] [o.i.t.m.i.MqttBrokerConnection:437 ] - Publishing message 63 to topic '/openHAB/out/FloorHeatingCurrentSetpointHeat/command' 23:21:38.147 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents :22 ] - FloorHeatingCurrentSetpointHeat received command 15 23:21:38.150 [WARN ] [t.i.s.MapTransformationService:87 ] - Could not find a mapping for '15' in the file 'miosTStatSetpointHeatCommand.map'. 23:21:38.306 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents :26 ] - FloorHeatingDeviceStatus state updated to PENDING 23:21:38.308 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents :26 ] - SystemLoadTime state updated to 2015-04-14T22:39:00 23:21:38.324 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents :26 ] - SystemDataVersion state updated to 43955426 23:21:38.327 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents :26 ] - SystemUserDataDataVersion state updated to 43940036 23:21:38.347 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents :26 ] - SystemTimeStamp state updated to 2015-04-15T23:21:35 23:21:38.356 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents :26 ] - SystemZWaveStatus state updated to 1 23:21:38.359 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents :26 ] - SystemZWaveStatusString state updated to OK 23:21:38.379 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents :26 ] - SystemLocalTime state updated to 2015-04-15 23:21:35 N 23:21:38.382 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents :26 ] - SystemLoadTime state updated to 2015-04-14T22:39:00 23:21:38.417 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents :26 ] - SystemDataVersion state updated to 43955428 23:21:38.424 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents :26 ] - SystemUserDataDataVersion state updated to 43940036 23:21:38.429 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents :26 ] - SystemTimeStamp state updated to 2015-04-15T23:21:35 23:21:38.436 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents :26 ] - SystemZWaveStatus state updated to 1 23:21:38.439 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents :26 ] - SystemZWaveStatusString state updated to OK 23:21:38.453 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents :26 ] - SystemLocalTime state updated to 2015-04-15 23:21:35 N 23:21:38.460 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents :26 ] - SystemLoadTime state updated to 2015-04-14T22:39:00 23:21:38.482 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents :26 ] - SystemDataVersion state updated to 43955430 23:21:38.484 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents :26 ] - SystemUserDataDataVersion state updated to 43940036 23:21:38.486 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents :26 ] - SystemTimeStamp state updated to 2015-04-15T23:21:35 23:21:38.495 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents :26 ] - SystemZWaveStatus state updated to 1 23:21:38.497 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents :26 ] - SystemZWaveStatusString state updated to OK 23:21:38.499 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents :26 ] - SystemLocalTime state updated to 2015-04-15 23:21:35 N 23:21:38.513 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents :26 ] - FloorHeatingDeviceStatus state updated to SUCCESS 23:21:38.520 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents :26 ] - SystemLoadTime state updated to 2015-04-14T22:39:00 23:21:38.539 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents :26 ] - SystemDataVersion state updated to 43955432 23:21:38.541 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents :26 ] - SystemUserDataDataVersion state updated to 43940036 23:21:38.545 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents :26 ] - SystemTimeStamp state updated to 2015-04-15T23:21:35 23:21:38.552 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents :26 ] - SystemZWaveStatus state updated to 1 23:21:38.554 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents :26 ] - SystemZWaveStatusString state updated to OK 23:21:38.564 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents :26 ] - SystemLocalTime state updated to 2015-04-15 23:21:35 N 23:21:39.488 [DEBUG] [o.i.r.i.resources.ItemResource:197 ] - Received HTTP POST request at 'items/FloorHeatingCurrentSetpointCool/' with value '15'. 23:21:39.500 [DEBUG] [o.i.t.m.i.MqttBrokerConnection:437 ] - Publishing message 64 to topic '/openHAB/out/FloorHeatingCurrentSetpointCool/command' 23:21:39.502 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents :22 ] - FloorHeatingCurrentSetpointCool received command 15 23:21:39.504 [WARN ] [t.i.s.MapTransformationService:87 ] - Could not find a mapping for '15' in the file 'miosTStatSetpointCoolCommand.map'. 23:21:39.631 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents :26 ] - FloorHeatingDeviceStatus state updated to PENDING 23:21:39.636 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents :26 ] - SystemLoadTime state updated to 2015-04-14T22:39:00 23:21:39.653 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents :26 ] - SystemDataVersion state updated to 43955435 23:21:39.656 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents :26 ] - SystemUserDataDataVersion state updated to 43940036 23:21:39.666 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents :26 ] - SystemTimeStamp state updated to 2015-04-15T23:21:36 23:21:39.668 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents :26 ] - SystemZWaveStatus state updated to 1 23:21:39.671 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents :26 ] - SystemZWaveStatusString state updated to OK 23:21:39.683 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents :26 ] - SystemLocalTime state updated to 2015-04-15 23:21:36 N 23:21:39.703 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents :26 ] - SystemLoadTime state updated to 2015-04-14T22:39:00 23:21:39.721 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents :26 ] - SystemDataVersion state updated to 43955437 23:21:39.734 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents :26 ] - SystemUserDataDataVersion state updated to 43940036 23:21:39.745 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents :26 ] - SystemTimeStamp state updated to 2015-04-15T23:21:36 23:21:39.753 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents :26 ] - SystemZWaveStatus state updated to 1 23:21:39.756 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents :26 ] - SystemZWaveStatusString state updated to OK 23:21:39.763 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents :26 ] - SystemLocalTime state updated to 2015-04-15 23:21:36 N 23:21:39.791 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents :26 ] - FloorHeatingDeviceStatus state updated to SUCCESS 23:21:39.793 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents :26 ] - SystemLoadTime state updated to 2015-04-14T22:39:00 23:21:39.805 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents :26 ] - SystemDataVersion state updated to 43955439 23:21:39.808 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents :26 ] - SystemUserDataDataVersion state updated to 43940036 23:21:39.811 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents :26 ] - SystemTimeStamp state updated to 2015-04-15T23:21:36 23:21:39.814 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents :26 ] - SystemZWaveStatus state updated to 1 23:21:39.817 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents :26 ] - SystemZWaveStatusString state updated to OK

.items file

/* Device - Floor Heating */ Number FloorHeatingId "ID [%d]" (GDevices) {mios="unit:Edge,device:121/id"} String FloorHeatingDeviceStatus "Floor Heating Device Status [MAP(miosDeviceStatusUI.map):%s]" (GDevices) {mios="unit:Edge,device:121/status"} String FloorHeatingConfigured "Floor Heating Configured [%s]" (GDevices,GRoom9) {mios="unit:Edge,device:121/service/HaDevice1/Configured"} Switch FloorHeatingStatus "Floor Heating Status" (GDevices,GRoom9) {mios="unit:Edge,device:121/service/SwitchPower1/Status"} String FloorHeatingModeSetting "Floor Heating FIXME ModeSetting [%s]" (GDevices,GRoom9) {mios="unit:Edge,device:121/service/HaDevice1/ModeSetting"} DateTime FloorHeatingLastUpdate "Floor Heating Last Update [%1$ta, %1$tm/%1$te %1$tR]" <calendar> (GDevices,GRoom9) {mios="unit:Edge,device:121/service/HaDevice1/LastUpdate"} DateTime FloorHeatingFirstConfigured "Floor Heating First Configured [%1$ta, %1$tm/%1$te %1$tR]" <calendar> (GDevices,GRoom9) {mios="unit:Edge,device:121/service/HaDevice1/FirstConfigured"} String FloorHeatingChildrenSameRoom "Floor Heating FIXME ChildrenSameRoom [%s]" (GDevices,GRoom9) {mios="unit:Edge,device:121/service/HaDevice1/ChildrenSameRoom"} Number FloorHeatingCurrentTemperature "Floor Heating Current Temperature [%.1f ?C]" (GDevices,GRoom9) {mios="unit:Edge,device:121/service/TemperatureSensor1/CurrentTemperature"} String FloorHeatingSetpointTarget "Floor Heating FIXME SetpointTarget [%s]" (GDevices,GRoom9) {mios="unit:Edge,device:121/service/urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1/SetpointTarget"} String FloorHeatingAllSetpoints "Floor Heating FIXME AllSetpoints [%s]" (GDevices,GRoom9) {mios="unit:Edge,device:121/service/urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1/AllSetpoints"} String FloorHeatingCurrentSetpoint20 "Floor Heating Current Setpoint [%s]" (GDevices,GRoom9) {mios="unit:Edge,device:121/service/urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1/CurrentSetpoint"} Number FloorHeatingCurrentSetpointHeat "Floor Heating Current Setpoint [%.1f ?C]" (GDevices,GRoom9) {mios="unit:Edge,device:121/service/urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1_Heat/CurrentSetpoint"} Number FloorHeatingCurrentSetpointCool "Floor Heating Current Setpoint [%.1f ?C]" (GDevices,GRoom9) {mios="unit:Edge,device:121/service/TemperatureSetpoint1_Cool/CurrentSetpoint"} String FloorHeatingModeTarget "Floor Heating Mode Target [%s]" (GDevices,GRoom9) {mios="unit:Edge,device:121/service/HVAC_UserOperatingMode1/ModeTarget"} String FloorHeatingModeStatus "Floor Heating Mode Status [%s]" (GDevices,GRoom9) {mios="unit:Edge,device:121/service/HVAC_UserOperatingMode1/ModeStatus"} Number FloorHeatingCommFailure "Floor Heating Comms Failure [%d]" (GDevices,GRoom9) {mios="unit:Edge,device:121/service/HaDevice1/CommFailure"} String FloorHeatingCommFailureTime "Floor Heating FIXME CommFailureTime [%s]" (GDevices,GRoom9) {mios="unit:Edge,device:121/service/HaDevice1/CommFailureTime"}

Notice I am using both:
Number FloorHeatingCurrentSetpointHeat “Floor Heating Current Setpoint [%.1f ?C]” (GDevices,GRoom9) {mios=“unit:Edge,device:121/service/urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1_Heat/CurrentSetpoint”}

Number FloorHeatingCurrentSetpointCool “Floor Heating Current Setpoint [%.1f ?C]” (GDevices,GRoom9) {mios=“unit:Edge,device:121/service/TemperatureSetpoint1_Cool/CurrentSetpoint”}

Transform file (miosTStatSetpointCoolCommand.map:

_defaultCommand=urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1_Cool/SetCurrentSetpoint(NewCurrentSetpoint=??)

Transform file (miosTStatSetpointHeatCommand.map:

_defaultCommand=urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1_Heat/SetCurrentSetpoint(NewCurrentSetpoint=??)

And sitemap:

Frame label="Floor Heating" { Text item=FloorHeatingCurrentTemperature Setpoint item=FloorHeatingCurrentSetpointHeat minValue=15 maxValue=32 Setpoint item=FloorHeatingCurrentSetpointCool minValue=15 maxValue=32 Text item=FloorHeatingStatus Switch item=FloorHeatingModeStatus mappings=[HeatOn="Heat", CoolOn="Cool", AutoChangeOver="Auto", Off="Off"] }

Manually validating the config you’ve posted here, it looks to be correct and quite different than what was posted by @d55m14.

A few quick questions:

[ul][li]a) What is the specific problem you’re observing?[/li]
[li]b) Does it happen with the Classic UI, the iPhone App or anything other than GreenT?[/li]
[li]c) What versions of the Binaries are you running? (ie. is it all coming from 1.7 Cloudbees, or something else)[/li]
[li]d) Did you hand-build any part of your Item file? (the generator should have gotten the _Heat entry correct, but yours looks different and if-so, what’s the output of “diff” against the standard Item generator output)[/li][/ul]

Overall the Console log posted seems a little light, can you look at the [tt]OH/logs/openhab.log[/tt] file instead? You should see a lot of activity there. In particular, you’ll want to go over it from a “clean” start, and see if there are errors in the logs (you can search on “[tt]ERROR[/tt]” in the logfile)

Guessed,

thank you for replying.

Unfortunately I only use GreenT and has been for so long. I will look into how you use Classic UI (Been a loong time since I moved far far away from it! :wink: ). I have however very very hard time believing that GreenT is at fault as I have Setpoints for other items (not mios) that works well.

In the mean while:

a)
I am unable to change the set points. It is forced to the min value due to that OpenHAB can’t translate the value I am incrementing. Thus what I see from a clean start is:

When I click the + sign to increment the setpoint (the Third item) it gives me an error in the console from the previous console log, and the value on the left 0.0 *C changes to 15.0 *C

b)
I will try that in a while.

c)
I am running OpenHAB 1.6.2 with mios 1.7.0 snapshot

d)
The generator got it correct, what you see in my previous post is that I tried it both ways. Both with alias as well as the exact upnp command. Both behaves the same way. I have since changed the upnp back to what the tool generated (alias).

error output mios.log:

/opt/openhab/logs$ cat mios.log | grep ERROR 2015-04-16 17:59:50.893 [TRACE] [b.m.i.config.MiosBindingConfig] - createState: Converted 'ERROR' to 'org.openhab.core.library.types.StringType', bound to 'class org.openhab.core.library.items.StringItem' 2015-04-16 17:59:50.893 [TRACE] [.o.b.mios.internal.MiosBinding] - internalPropertyUpdate: transformation performed, from '2' to 'ERROR' 2015-04-16 17:59:50.893 [DEBUG] [.o.b.mios.internal.MiosBinding] - internalPropertyUpdate: BOUND (Full) Updating 'WoodSticksDeviceStatus {mios="unit:Edge,device:127/status"}' to 'ERROR', was 'Uninitialized' 2015-04-16 17:59:50.893 [TRACE] [.o.b.mios.internal.MiosBinding] - internalPropertyUpdate: BOUND {mios="unit:Edge,device:127/status"}, value=ERROR, bound 1 time(s) 2015-04-16 17:59:51.499 [TRACE] [b.m.i.config.MiosBindingConfig] - createState: Converted 'ERROR' to 'org.openhab.core.library.types.StringType', bound to 'class org.openhab.core.library.items.StringItem' 2015-04-16 17:59:51.499 [TRACE] [.o.b.mios.internal.MiosBinding] - internalPropertyUpdate: transformation performed, from '2' to 'ERROR' 2015-04-16 17:59:51.499 [DEBUG] [.o.b.mios.internal.MiosBinding] - internalPropertyUpdate: BOUND (Full) Updating 'StarDeviceStatus {mios="unit:Edge,device:137/status"}' to 'ERROR', was 'Uninitialized' 2015-04-16 17:59:51.500 [TRACE] [.o.b.mios.internal.MiosBinding] - internalPropertyUpdate: BOUND {mios="unit:Edge,device:137/status"}, value=ERROR, bound 1 time(s) 2015-04-16 17:59:59.251 [TRACE] [.o.b.mios.internal.MiosBinding] - internalReceiveUpdate: itemName 'WoodSticksDeviceStatus', newState 'ERROR', class 'class org.openhab.core.library.types.StringType' 2015-04-16 18:00:02.089 [TRACE] [.o.b.mios.internal.MiosBinding] - internalReceiveUpdate: itemName 'StarDeviceStatus', newState 'ERROR', class 'class org.openhab.core.library.types.StringType'

openhab.log output:

/opt/openhab/logs$ cat openhab.log | grep ERROR 17:59:01.188 [ERROR] [sphere.cpr.AtmosphereFramework:2215 ] - 17:59:24.067 [ERROR] [sphere.cpr.AtmosphereFramework:2215 ] - 17:59:42.600 [ERROR] [b.z.i.protocol.ZWaveController:391 ] - Port /dev/ttyUSB0 does not exist 17:59:43.083 [ERROR] [b.s.internal.SysteminfoBinding:416 ] - System monitor error: {} 17:59:59.552 [ERROR] [i.i.InfluxDBPersistenceService:350 ] - query failed with database error 17:59:59.563 [ERROR] [i.i.InfluxDBPersistenceService:201 ] - database error: Couldn't find series: update_greent 17:59:59.581 [ERROR] [i.i.InfluxDBPersistenceService:350 ] - query failed with database error 17:59:59.589 [ERROR] [i.i.InfluxDBPersistenceService:201 ] - database error: Couldn't find series: Roomba 17:59:59.727 [ERROR] [i.i.InfluxDBPersistenceService:350 ] - query failed with database error 17:59:59.730 [ERROR] [i.i.InfluxDBPersistenceService:201 ] - database error: Couldn't find series: ROOMBA_Dock 18:00:00.193 [ERROR] [i.i.InfluxDBPersistenceService:350 ] - query failed with database error 18:00:00.194 [ERROR] [i.i.InfluxDBPersistenceService:201 ] - database error: Couldn't find series: ROOMBA_Dirt_Detector_Right 18:00:00.267 [ERROR] [i.i.InfluxDBPersistenceService:350 ] - query failed with database error 18:00:00.274 [ERROR] [i.i.InfluxDBPersistenceService:201 ] - database error: Couldn't find series: ROOMBA_Buttons 18:00:01.114 [ERROR] [i.i.InfluxDBPersistenceService:350 ] - query failed with database error 18:00:01.115 [ERROR] [i.i.InfluxDBPersistenceService:201 ] - database error: Couldn't find series: GPersist 18:00:01.135 [ERROR] [i.i.InfluxDBPersistenceService:350 ] - query failed with database error 18:00:01.138 [ERROR] [i.i.InfluxDBPersistenceService:201 ] - database error: Couldn't find series: GSystem 18:00:01.167 [ERROR] [i.i.InfluxDBPersistenceService:350 ] - query failed with database error 18:00:01.169 [ERROR] [i.i.InfluxDBPersistenceService:201 ] - database error: Couldn't find series: GScenes 18:00:01.181 [ERROR] [i.i.InfluxDBPersistenceService:350 ] - query failed with database error 18:00:01.186 [ERROR] [i.i.InfluxDBPersistenceService:201 ] - database error: Couldn't find series: GRoom3 18:00:01.216 [ERROR] [i.i.InfluxDBPersistenceService:350 ] - query failed with database error 18:00:01.218 [ERROR] [i.i.InfluxDBPersistenceService:201 ] - database error: Couldn't find series: ServerRoomTempLastUpdate

events.log output:

/opt/openhab/logs$ cat events.log | grep -i floor 2015-04-16 17:59:57 - FloorHeatingDeviceStatus state updated to NONE 2015-04-16 17:59:57 - FloorHeatingModeTarget state updated to AutoChangeOver 2015-04-16 17:59:57 - FloorHeatingModeStatus state updated to HeatOn 2015-04-16 17:59:57 - FloorHeatingCurrentTemperature state updated to 28 2015-04-16 17:59:57 - FloorHeatingSetpointTarget state updated to 15 2015-04-16 17:59:57 - FloorHeatingAllSetpoints state updated to 15,0,27 2015-04-16 17:59:57 - FloorHeatingCurrentSetpoint20 state updated to 15 2015-04-16 17:59:57 - FloorHeatingCurrentSetpointHeat state updated to 15 2015-04-16 17:59:57 - FloorHeatingCurrentSetpointCool state updated to 0 2015-04-16 17:59:57 - FloorHeatingStatus state updated to ON 2015-04-16 17:59:57 - FloorHeatingConfigured state updated to 1 2015-04-16 17:59:57 - FloorHeatingModeSetting state updated to 1:;2:;3:;4: 2015-04-16 17:59:57 - FloorHeatingLastUpdate state updated to 2015-04-03T00:05:40 2015-04-16 17:59:57 - FloorHeatingFirstConfigured state updated to 2015-04-03T00:05:40 2015-04-16 17:59:57 - FloorHeatingChildrenSameRoom state updated to 1 2015-04-16 17:59:57 - FloorHeatingCommFailure state updated to 0 2015-04-16 17:59:57 - FloorHeatingCommFailureTime state updated to 0 2015-04-16 17:59:57 - FloorHeatingId state updated to 121 2015-04-16 17:59:57 - FloorTemperatureDeviceStatus state updated to NONE 2015-04-16 17:59:57 - FloorTemperatureCurrentTemperature state updated to 28 2015-04-16 17:59:57 - FloorTemperatureId state updated to 122 2015-04-16 17:59:57 - FloorLampDeviceStatus state updated to NONE 2015-04-16 17:59:57 - FloorLampStatus state updated to OFF 2015-04-16 17:59:57 - FloorLampTarget state updated to 0 2015-04-16 17:59:58 - FloorLampWatts state updated to 0 2015-04-16 17:59:58 - FloorLampLog state updated to 0,0,0,1429198200,1 2015-04-16 17:59:58 - FloorLampActualUsage state updated to 1 2015-04-16 17:59:58 - FloorLampKWH state updated to 0.0000 2015-04-16 17:59:58 - FloorLampKWHReading state updated to 2015-04-16T17:41:20 2015-04-16 17:59:58 - FloorLampConfigured state updated to 1 2015-04-16 17:59:58 - FloorLampModeSetting state updated to 1:;2:;3:;4: 2015-04-16 17:59:58 - FloorLampLastUpdate state updated to 2015-04-09T17:45:23 2015-04-16 17:59:58 - FloorLampFirstConfigured state updated to 2015-04-09T17:45:23 2015-04-16 17:59:58 - FloorLampId state updated to 123 2015-04-16 18:00:03 - FloorLampKWHReading state updated to 2015-04-16T17:59:40 2015-04-16 18:00:03 - FloorLampId state updated to 123 2015-04-16 18:01:16 - FloorHeatingCurrentSetpointHeat received command 15 2015-04-16 18:01:37 - FloorHeatingDeviceStatus state updated to SUCCESS 2015-04-16 18:02:08 - FloorHeatingDeviceStatus state updated to NONE 2015-04-16 18:12:46 - FloorHeatingCurrentSetpointCool received command 15 2015-04-16 18:13:01 - FloorHeatingCurrentSetpointCool state updated to 0

It’s more a process of elimination. I found that there are differences in the interaction between iPhone/Android and ClassicUI components, and this can sometimes impact the downstream services.

The big one is that all of the above clients send “Commands” when you interact with them. These Commands take various forms, but are up to the Binding to transform them into whatever is needed to initiate the change in the target system.

All good, but Bindings can also take postings of Values. Some bindings will take these values, and do something similar to send them off to the Target system… but these Values are pushed to the Binding in the same manner they would be if the Value changed on the target system… and the Binding author has to magically discern what type they’re seeing (techniques which can easily be prone to error)

The MiOS Binding only handles Commands in order to make changes to the target MiOS Unit, since that’s what the predominant client set does. I’ve not used GreenT, so I’ve not seen how it interacts, so it’s possible that this client is doing something different… list posting a Value update, which my Binding would duly ignore (although, the actual Item State in openHAB would be changed, since that’s how openHAB works)

Looking at your Event logs, what I’m seeing is lines like this:

2015-04-16 17:59:57 - FloorHeatingCurrentSetpointHeat state updated to 15 2015-04-16 17:59:57 - FloorHeatingCurrentSetpointCool state updated to 0

which means something is setting the value to 15 (Heat) and 0 (Cool) respectively. That could simply be openHAB “starting up”, since the Binding will fetch the [current] values at that time, or it could be Persistence State restoring at Startup… The Full [tt]openhab.log[/tt], and in your custom-configured [tt]mios.log[/tt], would need to be consulted to see which it really is.

At the same time, your logs also show this:

2015-04-16 18:12:46 - FloorHeatingCurrentSetpointCool received command 15 2015-04-16 18:13:01 - FloorHeatingCurrentSetpointCool state updated to 0

So even though a Command was received to set the value to 15, a short time passes and the Value is set back to 0… If you look in the logs, you’ll see exactly where these are coming from (esp since you have TRACE Level logging enabled). I detail-log exactly what’s been sent to Vera, the Target URL’s etc. The Cloudbees version of my Binding also has code that logs what “comes back” from Vera during these calls (if in TRACE mode) just in case there’s an error there.

You can also look in the /var/log/cmh/LuaUPnP.log file on Vera to see what it’s being told to do during the same timeframes.