Need for new iOS App

Initial release will be on iPhone only and I should have support for 4/4s/5/5s. The voice control is done but I needed to put together all of the view controllers to let everyone configure their specific connection setup, also I wanted to add control like the rest of the apps have so that is what is being worked on now.

In case you still need testers, i would be happy to test/help. I could test on jailbroken iphone 4 and 4s, the 4 on ios5, the 4s on ios 7.0.4

I’ll be happy to test it for you. I have the same problem with all the current iOS apps. I have an iPhone 5S 7.0.4

Hi, I’m in the progress of testing all iOS apps I can get my hands on before I decide which one to buy/select. My primary, daily use, iPhone is a 5 but there are also two 4’s in the home and an iPad one and two. Also a mix of iOS 6 and 7.

So before I get it out for testing I am working with my Artist to get the images and what not made for it so it is very eye appealing. I would suspect testing availability sometime in Feb. and then a release to the apple store some time in March.

I am wondering if anyone finds it a problem if we only support iOS 7 and above? Please respond and let me know if anyone thinks that will be a problem. Also I will be reaching out soon on this forum to get people to send me their UDID of their device so I can put together an ad-hoc provisioning profile for people to test, but I am not at that stage just yet. Also if anyone is interested in what it will look like I could post some pictures of what I have so far if people are not willing to wait a month or so.

iOS 7 only is no issue for me. I expect there are many that haven’t updated due to battery life issues and are waiting for 7.1.

So would 7 and above be okay?

OK for me too.

Ed

iOS 7 here and iPhone 4S that I can test on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[quote=“jpete7683, post:28, topic:178954”]So would 7 and above be okay?[/quote]You should add a vote if you can to the thread… or start a new one.

7 is fine by me. I can assist with testing.

Yes, some screenshots would be nice.

I have no issues with IOS 7.

You should think about going back to at least IOS 6.1.2.

Many people (me included) are jailbroken and will not EVER go to IOS7. THere are other reasons as well to stay away from IOS 7.
So keep in mind a lot of people are hanging at IOS 6xxx.

Other considerations with device compatibility are about the older devices.( iPad 1, 3, 3gs, 4) In my case I have 4 iPads and 2 older iPhones in my house just for HA control. Whatever software I use, needs to work for all of them.

I have a hard time justifying one response to support back to iOS 6. There are a lot of changes to API’s between 6 and 7 and the only one using 6 uses jail broken devices which won’t pay for the app. I am a indie developer and I am happy to just write apps for myself and use for my own needs but thought doing something would benefit the greater community, however, I would like to make a little money off of the app for the amount of time I am putting in and hiring a graphic designer to provide all of the artwork needed to make the app eye appealing. So if the sole reason for me to do iOS 6 support is to accommodate those using jail broken devices I don’t think I will put in the extra hours to do so and just keep it iOS 7 only support. I am not trying to make anyone mad but the feedback that I am getting is from people who would be willing to help me test and also pay for the app and I wouldn’t want to support something long term if it was just going to non-paying users who jail break their devices. If there are non jail broken device users who are staying with iOS 6 for performance reasons please respond and I will consider supporting iOS 6 and above.

I have taken screenshots and reached out to some of you individually to get email addresses to send them too, please PM me your email address if you would like to see screenshots. Currently there is no artwork and once that artwork is completed it will get applied to the app making it look less dull and more exciting but wanted to show the functionality that is currently in it.

Looking good so far, just sent you an email with some ideas :slight_smile:

I’d be happy to beta test. I have an iPhone5s, iphone5, iPad Air and iPad 3rd gen all running iOS7.

I would be interested in testing as well. I have a iPhone 5 and 5c. Both running 7

I should be moving to beta testing shortly, just awaiting the app icon and cleaning up some of the debugging code that is no longer needed. I also made the UI very Apple like in design of the widgets and how they animate. So far the impression of how quick everything responds has been the best thing I have heard from people I have demo’d the app to and also how clean and organized it is. The voice control has been recoded and is pretty dang accurate and also it has been changed in a way that a future release (sooner than later) will allow for all voice commands to navigate through the app and control your devices… So you will be able to user Siri to open the app and continue with commands to take over control of a device.