Neo Coolcam Motion Sensor (PIR) - Light Sensor not working?

Hello, I have several of your Neo CoolCam Z-Wave Motion Sensor installed. They have two internal devices, the motion sensor and the light sensor.

Motion sensor seems to work always OK.

Light sensor is reporting always 0 lux. I looked at the configuration parameters and, even there are several parameters related to light sensor, no one of them seems to switch on/off the reporting of the light level.

If one of them was working this way and the others reporting light level, I could think the one failing was defective, but being ALL of them there are a couple of questions I have:

1.- Is this the correct working of those devices and they are only intended for sending an alarm if the light level is over or under a configured parameter?
2.- Is there any parameter I should change for having them reporting the light level of the room where they are installed? At this moment all the parameters are the default ones.

Thanks and regards.

Javier

I have a NeoCoolCam sensor and I get the indication corresponding to the light sensor
I enclose my settings …

…

1 Like

Hello, Christian, merci de vôtre response…

BUT I have exactly the same parameters (those are the default ones I believe) and … no report of light level :frowning:

So, my question is still there. I sent also an email to Neo support. No answer yet.

Regards.

Hello,

In my case the LUX value is sometime zero even when the room light is on but sometimes it reports a value which I assume is correct.
I think it’s a quality issue of the sensor and not configuration.
The motion sensor always works.

Nir

To be honest, I don’t remember any of the four sensors I have to ever have reported a value different of 0 lux.

And I bought them in different times and to different vendors. So, I don’t feel it is a matter of being a bad series that I got. In my case the motion sensor always work too.

BTW, I understand that the needed parameters are to be only in the “parent” device, is it?

Regards