Neo Coolcam Pir sensor "Can't Detect Device", but actually it works and reports

Hi! I have some minor, but quite annoying problem with Vera Plus + Neo Coolcam Pir sensors.

Every day Vera spams me with notification “Device offline”, “Device Online”. On the dashboard I always see red banner “N devices no longer connected”. But the devices really work! They report motion, they report quiescence even having “Can’t Detect Device” red banner on them.

I already put poll interval = 0, but it doesn’t help, unfortunately

Try charging Automatically Configure to No.

I have the same problem with my Neo motion sensor.

It did work OK without the Can’t detect device message in the past, maybe a newer firmware update broke some thing.

In fact I have the same problem also with an outdoor Everspring motion sensor. Sometimes that says Can’t detect device also. It comes and goes.

But the motion sensor still actually functions OK.

Also, set configured variable to 1 at startup and run luup.set_failure to 0. Mine are always failing, and this will fix the cosmetic issue.

Thank you! I will try. Mostly this all is about cosmetics.

I was on my phone, previously, but now I’m back at my PC.

This is the startup code:

luup.variable_set("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HaDevice1", "Configured", 1, devID)
luup.set_failure(0, devID)
luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HaDevice1", "Reconfigure", {}, devID)

where devID is the dev #. Repeat for every device. Remember to set Auto configure to no, as already said.

1 Like

Hi

I am wondering if these two lines of code are actually necessary ?

luup.variable_set("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HaDevice1", "Configured", 1, devID)

When my motion sensors change to “Can’t Detect Device” their Configured variable still says 1 anyway.

And is this needed ?

When trying the “Reconfigure” line the device banner states:

ERROR: Unable to get any information on node…

luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HaDevice1", "Reconfigure", {}, devID)

I just ran this line on its own

And the “Can’t Detect Device” message immediately went away. However it does come back again shortly afterwards.

I assume its setting the Commfailure variable to 0.

This is my own code, but as we know different systems behave differently. Just use the part giving you the results.

I’ve just set something up in PLEG which seems to be working.

I am monitoring the CommFailure variable in PLEG for equals 1 and then running this Lua code

I don’t need to add anything to the startup Lua and this is more dynamic using PLEG.

Property to monitor:

Condition:

Action: