Netatmo[103] : Startup Lua Failed

Hi

I did install the netatmo plugin via install aplication it says Current Version: 4.20160128. Vera plus with latest firmware + UI7.

I did reqister my system to netamo web site and did get values for (username,password,client id, client secret). I did enter them to device variables (text input checked).

Now I am getting the error “Netatmo[103] : Startup Lua Failed” what am I missing?

You should get an “authorisation error” with wrong credentials, IIRC.

This looks like an install configuration error… where did you load it from (MiOS store?)

Yes mios store. Should I delete and reload the plugin?

Do you have the skill to download the latest from GitHub?

I can try. 8)

1. I did copy the zip file from github
  2. upload loop files to vera via Apps → develop apps → load files → upload
  3. copy icons (that where missing) to /www/cmh/skins/default/icons

reboot twice

same error still

I did study the log file and I decided to change my “station name” to “weather”. It used to have national characters .

reboot and It WORKS ;D so that was the problem.

0 03/22/17 19:30:30.706 luup_log:103: Netatmo: admin.unit = 0 <0x76ee3520>
50 03/22/17 19:30:30.706 luup_log:103: Netatmo: admin.pressureunit = 0 <0x76ee3520>
50 03/22/17 19:30:30.707 luup_log:103: Netatmo: admin.windunit = 0 <0x76ee3520>
50 03/22/17 19:30:30.707 luup_log:103: Netatmo: station name: Weather <0x76ee3520>
50 03/22/17 19:30:30.708 luup_log:103: Netatmo: module name: Indoor <0x76ee3520>
50 03/22/17 19:30:30.708 luup_log:103: Netatmo: module name: Outdoor <0x76ee3520>
50 03/22/17 19:30:30.709 luup_log:103: Netatmo: creating child devices… <0x76ee3520>

My other vera that has only plugin from mios store works now also.

thanks

Hi, I also get this error: Startup Lua Failed. I downloaded from apps in UI7, put in all the information, but cannot get it to work. Any advice? Not sure if I understand the fix above, can anybody explain?

Thanks

Do you have any non-alphanumeric characters in your password?

Thanks for the quick reply. No I have small/big letters and numbers.

Does the name on the app created at the connect site have anything to say?

No, nothing at all.

Did you have a problem with getting the latest files from GitHub?

I just installed the app though the Vera UI7 interface. Not sure how I do it manually? Is it in the Apps, develop apps, Luup files and then upload file? Do I upload all the .xml, .json and .lua files in that folder?

Thanks for any help

Tried a bit more - do not understand how I upload the files and get the plugin without going through the Apps in UI7.

But I removed the app and reinstalled it, rebooted the vera, then put in my username, pw, client id and clientsecret. It still doesn’t work but now it just says:
“Netatmo : Authorisation failed”. I have checked the username and pw a million times and it is correct. The pw has only large and small letters as well as numbers. The username is my email address. So where should I go from here?

Ah, the username may suffer from the same issue. This is an encoding error that I have never got to the bottom of in the API.

What do you mean? Its not possible to have a username which is not an email address is it?

Finally it WORKS!!

My previous username at Netatmo was “firstname.lastname@gmail.com” and since you mentioned that it might be the same problem with special characters for the username as well I change to another email address “name@gmail.com” - and now it works! Thanks for the help. ;D

That’s great! Sorry for the inconvenience. Must dig into that properly some time. Good luck.