Netatmo Presence and Welcome - configuration [instruction]

Did anyone try (successfully) configure Netatmo Presence camera with Vera?
I’ve found instruction how to add it to the Fibaro system and managed to get view from camera using link in web browser.
But I can’t make it appear in Vera.

I used manual configuration for “other IP camera”, but after choosing camera IP and the link which worked in web browser, nothing happens, the message is that camera is not found.

Any ideas how to make it work?

OK, problem solved.
If anyone interested, here is recipe:

Update: you can add camera remotely, without being on the local network. Following procedure works no matter if you are local or remote

[ol][li]go to the https://dev.netatmo.com site and log on using your Netatmo login/password[/li]
[li]click on “our resources” on top of the page[/li]
[li]then go to “security” on the left side and click the “+” sign next to it[/li]
[li]from the list which will appear below, choose “Gethomedata”[/li]
[li]Find “Try this method by yourself with our TRY IT module” section and click the arrow pointing down below it[/li]
[li]The section will enlarge, leave all fields empty and click “Try it”[/li]
[li]New part of this section will appear below, you have to click the arrow on the left of the section "
body:[object Object]“[/li]
[li]New parts will expand, and you are expanding following ones (clicking arrows on the left): “homes”, "
[object Object]”, “cameras”[/li]
[li]you’ll see as many sections named “[object Object]” as you have cameras (if you have one there will be only one, if you have 5, then there will be 5), no matter at which locations those cameras are placed[/li]
[li]find desired one (the name of the camera will be visible as “name” when you expand specific section)[/li]
[li]find camera link, described as “vpn_url”. Copy the link to clipboard without quotation marks at the end and beginning (but commas are important) and add /live/snapshot_720.jpg at the end. You should see preview from your camera.[/li]
[li]You need to get specific local link for the camera. To do so, you need to again paste the link you’ve got but this time put /command/ping at the end[/li]
[li]you will get something like: {“local_url”:“http://192.168.x.xxx/387e6c844929d3c83f08d335fa342f5d0",“product_name”:"Welcome Netatmo”}[/li]
[li]test your link by getting the part [b]http://192.168.x.xxx/387e6c844929d3c83f08d335fa342f5d0[/b] and adding /live/snapshot_720.jpg at the end[/li]
[li]If it works, you can set up camera in your Vera.[/li]
[li]Go to “cameras” section, click “add camera”, “IP camera (other IP camera)”[/li]
[li]Go through wizzard and click “Manually install the camera (advanced)” button[/li]
[li]Choose IP of your camera from the list[/li]
[li]Select “Other IP camera” in the “Manual Configuration” section[/li]
[li]“In camera link” field put all your local link to camera (so this which looks like: http://192.168.x.xxx/387e6c844929d3c83f08d335fa342f5d0/live/snapshot_720.jpg from example[/li]
[li]Enter your Netatmo login and password in the proper fields[/li]
[li]Click “test” to see if it works, and when yes, click “next”[/li]
[li]Tadam, your Netamo camera appears in your Vera[/li][/ol]

You will not have live preview, but still images refreshing on 30s-60s rate. Or you can refresh it manually.
Maybe there is a way to get live preview by chaging the part live/snapshot_720.jpg for another (maybe “mjpg”?)

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Thank you so much for these detailed instructions. I would never have been able to connect my Presence to my Vera without this! I thought it would be an existing app within Vera (like the weather station).

The only bit I had a little bit of trouble with was between steps 2 and 3, where I had to click on ‘Reference’ on the left to open the list with ‘Security’. Otherwise, perfect - couldn’t believe it worked first time! Now I have to figure out what I can do. My plan is to install a z-wave switch behind the wall and use the Presence as a sensor to turn the outside lights on for a set period of time when a car is detected at night. May be a little ambitious as I don’t see the same functionality within Vera as the Netatmo security app (with different detection types) but maybe in time that will upgrade within Vera.

Bonsoir

Il ne faut pas mettre le HTTP:// en copiant le lien de la camera
ex: 192.168../60cc3015065c4d49a16aa51cafe5b351/live/snapshot_720.jpg

Great! This works like a charm.
You indeed need to select ‘Reference’ first before you can select ‘Security’.
Also your camera has to be in the same network for this to work. I had to change it.

Will this procedure work as well for Netatmo Doorbell camera? It starts selling on 28th September and I am eager to install it, it would be great to have access to image also in Camera section in Vera.