Netatmo Weather Station plugin

[quote=“mpenda, post:280, topic:176667”]Oops…never mind. It works perfectly. In the couple of hours since I started tinkering, the temperature has dropped!!
Thanks again![/quote]

oh, terrific!

Thanks again! Next up, the CO2 sensor!!

For the Rain Gauge, what are the valid values for the variable Units other than mm?

The imperial units are [tt]inches[/tt], and a child device should convert its reading according to the Netatmo system units setting, which affect a number of the measurements.

I’ve just heard that my gauge has been shipped, so I should be able to test these things out for myself soon.

Unless there are any pressing requests for new functionality, I should be able to put new version into the store quite soon. The one other thing I do want to add is more robustness at initial authorisation and token rotation - my network has been up and down rather often recently and this highlights the need for something better than I do at the moment (ie. one failure and you’re out.)

The imperial units are [tt]inches[/tt], and a child device should convert its reading according to the Netatmo system units setting, which affect a number of the measurements.[/quote]

When I change Units to inches and UnitsDisplay to i[/i] and select Save, the values return to mm and i[/i], respectively.

These are not values which should be changed in the Vera device, but , as I said:

... a child device should convert its reading [b]according to the Netatmo system[/b] units setting...

… you have to use your Netatmo account to change the units you want the system to use. This will then apply to the native Netatmo web interface, mobile app, AND to the Vera child units.

I have attached three screenshots. The native Netatmo web interface indicates inches. However, the Vera child device indicates mm.

Thanks for these. My gauge should arrive tomorrow or the day after, so I will have something to try out.

Wow, the prize of the rain gauge was bumped almost 10? at conrad and is out of stock until 26.5. Seems the demand for this device is quite high.
It says in my order details that mine will be dispatched today so hopefully I will have it next week.

Update: >:( “ready to dispatch from 18.06.2014: 1 Unit”. Seems like I will never receive my rain gauge

Hello, I was eable to set password user client secret and id.

Now I have a device in the vera light call netatmo

the icon is generic and there is a last update time that’s all

How can I get the differents value of my netatmo on the dashboard ??

Sorry but I don’t really understand the trick ::slight_smile:

Did you download this from the app store, or one of the postings on this thread?

Is there any error message about Netatmo on the control panel?

Is there anything in the Luup log file?

Has the app in the store been updated yet? Or should those with a rain gauge still get it from this thread. Thanks!

No, sorry, I only got mine yesterday and there are clearly things which need improving / fixing. The first post in this thread has a link (in red) to the latest.

No worries at all, and thanks for all your time and effort!

I’m planning on making some changes to the way the rain gauge reports its reading, for the following reason:

At the moment, ALL measurements are polled on a schedule determined by the plugin (by default, every 10 minutes.) This is absolutely fine for those measurements which are continuous in nature (temperature, humidity, CO[sub]2[/sub]) but rain (and, actually, noise) is different, because it is episodic. The problem is that the measurement polling just samples the last recorded value, so you can’t tell if, say, the most recent 0.1mm of rain is the SAME as the previous one you polled, or different.

For noise measurements, I’m ignoring this problem, because it is not a quantitative measurement which makes sense when integrated over time. Actually, that measurement IS integrated within the module (I think, over a 5 minute period) and getting the latest value is good enough (for me, anyway.) For rain, you can’t ignore the problem. We want to be in a position where integrating the measurements over any period of time gives the total amount of rainfall for that period.

The only real way to do this is to simply make the measurement accumulate continuously (like an electricity meter), but then just looking at a single reading tells you nothing meaningful. A sensible tradeoff would be to record cumulative measurements over, say, one day. So if you look at the measurement you can see the TOTAL amount of rain so far for TODAY. I think that’s what we want, and the Netatmo has intrinsically the capability to report that number. To get the total amount over longer periods, you simply have to add up the end of day readings (which also correspond to the MAXIMUM reading for that day.)

Your thoughts, before I cast this in stone and roll it out on the app store? Thanks.

Akbooer
I would agree that cumulative daily results would be more sensible from a recording point of view. I have also thought that it might be useful to have an indication of start and stop of rain, although that might not be in the API.
David

OK, that’s good.

I have also thought that it might be useful to have an indication of start and stop of rain, although that might not be in the API.
I could also construct a variable which is the increment since last poll - easy enough, then, to simply set a notification when this changes from, or to, zero. Although you may want for something more sophisticated... (which can always be added later.)

I don’t want to take this thread off track, but I thought this was the best place to mention is. You can get the Netatmo from Amazon for $149 (~$30 off I think). Not too bad:

I now allow this thread to return to the “plugin” :smiley:

Fine by me… more Netatmos means more Netatmo plugin users!