Netatmo Weather Station plugin

They should already match… I’ve obviously made a mistake, but this is why I originally asked for feedback from those using imperial units (it’s a pain to test because I have to change units on the Netatmo account and then it screws up my own data logging.)[/quote]

I don’t mind testing…just shoot files my way and tell me what I need to do (if I need to reset anything because the child devices are already there)

Thanks so much. Try this… (nothing to do but load and restart.)

Thanks so much. Try this… (nothing to do but load and restart.)[/quote]

Ok, so it now says “(F)” instead of “(C)”, but the temps are still in celcius. Could it be that it just needs to wait until it refreshes it’s data? I’m just curious if I should wait a bit to see if it corrects itself.

It worked itself out after a few minutes :slight_smile: Now get over the DataYours beta thread and fix my issues =P

Excellent. Can you just PM me the [tt]measurementUnits[/tt] section of the diagnostics page so that I can check out all the other measurements?

Now get over the DataYours beta thread and fix my issues =P
Strangely enough, I took time out from doing that to address your Netatmo needs (and mine, to be honest.)

From the turnaround time, you can tell that the [tt]DataYours[/tt] issues are MUCH harder. I’m in the middle of a significant revamp from the ground up. Would appreciate some discussion on that thread of the issues. It’s all been working for me for many months, but I can tell that others are struggling. The goal is to have just one configuration parameter - the database location.

Akbooer
Added the new files this morning, new child devices created, max and min temps being stored. So far another success many thanks.
David

@akbooer

What is the intended purpose for the variable Rain gaugeMaxMin as shown in the attached screenshot.

Wow! Somebody’s paying attention!

It doesn’t do anything… yet.

Following the semantics of the other modules, it could be used to generate additional child devices (I call these “adopted children”) for the extra measurements of the hourly and daily average. I just didn’t suppress it for the rain module, which is the only one which doesn’t measure temperature.

Just downloaded all updated (beta) files incl. L_Netatmo.lua dated 2014.06.12 but get allways an “Authorisation failed”. If I override L_Netatmo.lua with version dated 2014.02.20, no failture. I don’t have a rain gauge installed right now, but don’t think this is the problem with the failture. I even deinstalled the App and reinstalled all the beta files, but same problem.

Yes, I’m afraid this is an old problem which has resurfaced. You have either some strange character in your username or password? The problem arises with URL encoding of these characters. I thought I had cracked it, but it seemed to break for others, so I reverted to my original encoding.

Can you confirm that this might be the problem?

Yes, I had one special character in my password, which I just deleted for the test and now everything is okay - many thanks!

There is another little problem with “special” characters. I named my outside station “Au?en”, which was taken over in the last version of Netatmo as something like “Auoouen” or so.

I take it that these characters are UTF encoded in the JSON which the Netatmo API uses. If you could PM me the diagnostics page then that would help.

@akbooer: I already change "Au?en (with a “SZ” and not a ? mark as interpreted above), which means the diagnostic file will show only “Aussen”, the new name I used. To be clear, the problem with the interpretation of a “SZ” in the name was not happen with the former (Feb.2014) version of Netatmo.

This is odd. I hesitate to say “I haven’t changed anything which might affect that”, because that’s evidently no so. To be clear, you have named this module on the Netatmo website, or app, itself, and not just the Vera interface?

The satation was named on the Netatmo website and never changed thereafter. As you know, I had some problems to install your App, because I had one special character in my password. You kindly changed the Netatmo.lua file (Feb.2014), which solved the problem. The problem with the special character is now back with your last version (b12.06.2014), the reason way I changed my password on Netatmo.com. BTW, when the problem with the “SZ” occur, I tried to override Netatmo.lua with the February version, but the typos in the name of the station were still there. I consequently changed the name of the station on Netatmo.com, deleted Netatmo on my VeraLite, reinstalled all your newer files and everything is fine now.

My NetAtmo IP Adres has changed after adding the rain meter. I have not updated the software yet but cannot change the ip adress in the advanced settings. I.e. I can change it but after a reload the old adress apears again so Netatmo won’t start anymore.

Anyone any pointers?

Hans Wegman

The Netatmo IP address is not used by the plugin, since it gets all its data from the Netatmo servers. It does get allocated an address, presumably you are running DHCP? I can’t see how this would have changed with the addition of the rain gauge. Where/how are you trying to change it?

Recently i tried to manually install the test files.
The didn’t work and so i removed the plugin and all remaining files in “/etc/cmh-ludl”.

Then i re-installed the plugin and now “Netatmo[123] : Startup Lua Failed”

What could i do to solve this?

edit:
Here is all the Netatmo logging after a “reload” of the device.

02 06/23/14 7:39:59.289 Device_Service::MatchupUpnpServices no upnp service for urn:akbooer-com:serviceId:Netatmo1 <0x2ba62000> 09 06/23/14 7:40:05.478 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::Run device 123 Netatmo room 0 type urn:akbooer-com:device:netatmo:1 id parent 0/0xf8c950 upnp: 0 <0x2ba62000> 06 06/23/14 7:40:39.364 Device_Variable::m_szValue_set device: 123 service: urn:akbooer-com:serviceId:Netatmo1 variable: Version was: 2013.10.25 @akbooer now: 2013.10.25 @akbooer #hooks: 0 upnp: 0 v:(nil)/NONE duplicate:1 __LEAK__ this:106496 start:692224 to 0x14e2000 <0x2c395680> 50 06/23/14 7:40:41.620 luup_log:123: Netatmo: user.administrative.unit = 0 __LEAK__ this:73728 start:909312 to 0x1517000 <0x2c395680> 50 06/23/14 7:40:41.621 luup_log:123: Netatmo: user.administrative.pressureunit = 0 <0x2c395680> 50 06/23/14 7:40:41.621 luup_log:123: Netatmo: creating child devices... <0x2c395680> 01 06/23/14 7:40:41.623 LuImplementation::StartLua running startup code for 123 I_Netatmo.xml failed <0x2c395680>

When you say…

Then i re-installed the plugin

…what, exactly, did you do?