Netatmo Weather Station plugin

(Keep it up. I’ve almost got enough bilingual text to crack the code. Eat your heart out, Champollion.)

Bonjour…

Something new is announced for the 12th of Sept at Netatmo according to their facebook…

He didn’t have Google Translate :wink:

He didn’t have Google Translate ;)[/quote]
Google Translate hasn’t got Ancient Egyptian or Coptic.

A small project for later…

Sadly not new hardware but just a widget for smartphones and Android.

Hello !
Thanks for this great plugin, but unfortunately I can’t have it working on my Vera Lite and I can’t understand why…

I reset my box to factory default to be sure nothing was wrong at the very beginning…
Json lib has been installed via Putty.
Installed the last Netatmo plugin from the Micasaverde store.
Created 3 Vcontainers (I have 4 Netatmo modules, base in/out + 2 adds).
Entered my IDs in the 4 lines (tried both @ and %40 as I read the whole thread).
Replaced the numbers of the containers with the right ones.

Well, been trying everything for 3 days but all what I can get is a “Startup Lua Failed”… Now I am in lack of new ideas…
Any clue ? Any help welcome, I could give access to my box if you need for help, there is nothing confidential in and only Netatmo is installed.
Thank you.

Well, I installed the Google Calendar plugin and now I can read values from Netatmo. May be the json thing was wrong with the first manual installation.
But still getting this “Startup Lua Failed” everytime and can’t understand what goes wrong…

It’s not great if it doesn’t work…

Where in the world are you?
Glad you have the json thing sorted out.
Can you change the ChildSensors variable to THCN then do a SAVE and see what happens?
The plugin has nothing to do with VContainers, or the original scene script… it makes separate child devices itself.

If the above doesn’t work, send me a log with all the Netatmo lines, if you can.
Otherwise you can PM me.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I have to say that adding an additional module today confirmed this very positive experience…
A few clicks, put in the batteries, a final click and your done!

If ONLY adding Z-Wave modules to Vera was as easy!

However, once included in the Netatmo system, the new sensors appear, coutersy of the plugin, on the next Luup Restart with no further intervention at all.

Do you plan to update the plugin ?

Bien sur!

…and I have some extras for you:

[ul][li]icons - select between Vera-style or Netatmo-style for pressure, noise, and humidity CO[sub]2[/sub][/li]
[li]units - on temperature and humidity
[/li][li]notifications and triggers for all child devices[/li][/ul]

I need to test the updated Lua file on the previous post - can you try it out with pressure?

Merci

Sorry, it was on a different thread… try this please!

Just on the sound level: Netatmo have never specified the sound reference level. dBs are ratios ie multipliers or dividers expressed in a logarithmic fashion. They are meaningless unless a reference is stated. For example 60 dB can be considered to be 10 times the sound pressure level, when the sound was 40 dB but what is the absolute sound pressure?

Hopefully the sound units measured by the Netatmo device are dB SPL, where 0 dB is the threshold of human hearing (for most of us) and is equivalent to a pressure level of 20 micro Pascals. In which case, the units should be stated as dB SPL, not just dB.

Regardless accurate sound measurements are difficult to make and are rarely accurate when simple equipment is used. But the Netatmo device can still let you know if the dog is barking while you’re out.

Great to see this plugin come to life.

Yes, it’s true. The documentation states that the measured range is:

- The usual human ear cannot distinguish sounds below 30 dB. - A prolongated exposure to sounds levels over 65 dB noticeably disminishes your ability to concentrate. - In many countries, continuous exposure to noise during a workday is limited to an 85 dB level. - Sounds over 95 dB can put your hearing at risk.

So I really just think of it as “relative to the level that the Netatmo folks have chosen”, and carry on regardless…
…I could have written it as ‘dB re ?’, but that’s just messy.

Still laughing - maybe it should be “dB re Netatmo”. :slight_smile:

Here’s a teaser for the new Netatmo plugin UI5 functionality - I have finally cracked the mysteries of the static JSON file - I will post the files separately.

The image shows the optional Netatmo-style icons (thanks to @captainigloo) for a base station with one outdoor and one additional indoor module - hence 3x temperature, 3x humidity, 2x CO[sub]2[/sub], 1x noise, and 1x pressure sensor. The switch between these and the original Vera-style ones is done at Luup Restart.

Note that the outdoor module icons for temperature and humidity are different from the indoor ones.

At the same time, I’m showing some temperature and humidity measurements from the Wunderground plugin which have the normal Vera-style icons. Just for fun I have made new icon versions for minimum and maximum temperature readings.

Note that all the temperature and humidity devices are standard Vera ones with the usual functionality (including access from third-party apps), just the static JSON file is updated. As a bonus this also includes the option to add a units display, as per the Netatmo-style devices.

In the jpg file, there is a device in Atmospheric 2 named “Temperature Statistics”. What plug-in created that device and what does it indicate?

That’s a separate device of mine which calculates temperature minimum/maximum on a running basis, resetting at midnight and storing yesterday’s min/max also. In addition, it calculates ‘heating degree days’ which has a high correlation with the energy used to heat my home. See attached snap of the Advanced tab showing the variables. If you want more info, let’s start a new thread.

Here are the files for the Beta 1.1 version, which I expect to morph into release 2 on MiOS Apps if there are no problems.

Two zip files:

[ol][li]Luup files - which get uploaded on the APPS / Develop Apps / Luup files page[/li]
[li]Icon files - which need to be transferred to [tt]/www/cmh/skins/default/icons/[/tt] using [tt]scp[/tt] or some such[/li][/ol]

Not included here are modifications to the temperature and humidity json files and additional icons because I want to keep these apart as a separate, conscious decision to do so. They should not modify the standard device functionality in any way other than visual appearance on Vera UI5. I will post separately. They will not be part of the MiOS Apps release.

Main changes since Release 1:

[ul][li]fixed the pressure units problem which caused a Lua startup error for some users[/li]
[li]the optional Netatmo-style icon set[/li]
[li]notifications and triggers for all child devices[/li][/ul]

By default, the ‘original’ Vera-style icon set is used, but you can select the Netatmo-style one by setting the Netatmo device variable [tt]IconSet[/tt] to “1” instead of “0”. Alternatively you can select which icon to use on a device-by-device basis by setting [tt]IconOverride[/tt] (not [tt]IconSet[/tt]) to “0” or “1” (without the quotes) on each child device individually.

As before you can decide not to create child devices at all on a measurement-type basis by leaving their initial letters out of the Netatmo device variable [tt]ChildSensors[/tt] string.

I am keen to hear of any problems and especially grateful if anyone can test out the trigger and notification functionality.

Here are the additional temperature and humidity JSON files plus the extra icons which allow:

[ol][li]Netatmo-style icons for temperature and humidity child devices[/li]
[li]Optional measurement units display on the UI5 front panel of any temperature and humidity device (not just Netatmo)[/li]
[li]The ability to override the default indoor/outdoor icons choice for Netatmo temperature and humidity devices
(useful if, for example, you choose to use an ‘outdoor’ module indoors!)[/li]
[li]Extra Vera-style icons for ‘maximum’ and ‘minimum’ temperature displays[/li][/ol]

caveat utilitor - ‘let the user beware’ - fair warning and advice about using these files:

[ul][li]Be sure to back up your [tt]D_TemperatureSensor1.json[/tt] and [tt]D_HumiditySensor1.json[/tt] files before uploading these modified versions.[/li]
[li]The files should not modify the use of standard temperature or humidity devices by Vera plugins or third-party control apps, but you shouldn’t trust me, and if in doubt you can always revert to your backups[/li]
[li]The icon displayed is selected by setting the value of a variable named [tt]IconSet[/tt] under the service [tt]urn:akbooer-com:serviceId:Netatmo1[/tt] on the relevant device: [/li][/ul]

For humidity:
    0. default Vera icon
    1. 'indoor' Netatmo icon
    2. 'outdoor' Netatmo icon
For temperature:
    0. default Vera icon
    1. 'indoor' Netatmo icon
    2. 'outdoor' Netatmo icon
    3. 'minimum' Vera icon
    4. 'maximum' Vera icon

[ul][li]The units display is selected by setting the value of a variable named [tt]UnitsDisplay[/tt] under the service [tt]urn:akbooer-com:serviceId:Netatmo1[/tt] on the relevant device. For good aesthetics, add parentheses, eg. tt[/tt][/li][/ul]

See the attachment at [url=http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,16276.msg127710.html#msg127710]http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,16276.msg127710.html#msg127710[/url] for an image of all of these.

Hope this is clear and I look forward to hearing both the good and the bad news from the more adventurous Netatmo owners here.