New 7.0.27 firmware available

up to VeraPlus: 1.7.4001. this may have fixed my “16 alerts for 1 event” issue the started after the last update.

As previously reported, latest firmware upgrade once again resets manual network settings to ?Automatic? and turns Wifi radio back on. Also required power cycle after waiting 30 mins.

Reported here: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,81524.msg395120.html#msg395120

it did not enable wifi for me

Prior to my upgrade I was getting “Luup : Downloading Luup Plugins” messages. This started at the same time as the Firmware notifications, so I thought they were related. I took all my normal backups and clicked Upgrade. When the upgrade to 7.0.27.4001 on my VeraPlus completed, I was still getting those errors, plus a new one that my EventWatcher Startup Lua Failed. After cruising the forums I realized that my EventWatcher is REALLY old. So I removed it/uninstalled it and now I am getting even more Startup Lua Failures along with a system failure about EventWatcher. “System error : Device: 329. Fail to load implementation file D_EventWatcher.xml” Device 329 was an attempt to reinstall EventWatcher.

All this leads me to two questions.

1. How can I remove device 329 from the LUA startup?
  2. I am getting System Errors trying to save scenes. The last time this happened I was out of storage. What can I safely clear up to free up a little room? I cannot even enable remote support.
System error : Device: 329. Fail to load implementation file D_EventWatcher.xml
Luup : Downloading Luup Plugins
Luup : Failed to download all plugins. Will retry in 10 minutes.
GCal3 Matt[134] : Startup Lua Failed
ERROR : Error in lua for scenes and events
GCal3 Holidays[224] : Startup Lua Failed

Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
rootfs                    8.6M      8.4M    212.0K  98% /
/dev/root                10.0M     10.0M         0 100% /rom
tmpfs                   124.8M    364.0K    124.4M   0% /tmp
/dev/mtdblock7            8.6M      8.4M    212.0K  98% /overlay
overlayfs:/overlay        8.6M      8.4M    212.0K  98% /
tmpfs                   512.0K         0    512.0K   0% /dev
/dev/mtdblock10          50.0M      1.5M     48.5M   3% /storage
/dev/mtdblock10          50.0M      1.5M     48.5M   3% /etc/cmh-firmware
/dev/mtdblock10          50.0M      1.5M     48.5M   3% /etc/cmh-backup
/dev/sda1               487.9M      4.2M    447.8M   1% /tmp/log/cmh
/dev/mtdblock9           10.0M     10.0M         0 100% /mios

[quote=“3rdStng, post:24, topic:199491”]Prior to my upgrade I was getting “Luup : Downloading Luup Plugins” messages. This started at the same time as the Firmware notifications, so I thought they were related. I took all my normal backups and clicked Upgrade. When the upgrade to 7.0.27.4001 on my VeraPlus completed, I was still getting those errors, plus a new one that my EventWatcher Startup Lua Failed. After cruising the forums I realized that my EventWatcher is REALLY old. So I removed it/uninstalled it and now I am getting even more Startup Lua Failures along with a system failure about EventWatcher. “System error : Device: 329. Fail to load implementation file D_EventWatcher.xml” Device 329 was an attempt to reinstall EventWatcher.

All this leads me to two questions.

1. How can I remove device 329 from the LUA startup?
  2. I am getting System Errors trying to save scenes. The last time this happened I was out of storage. What can I safely clear up to free up a little room? I cannot even enable remote support.

[code]
System error : Device: 329. Fail to load implementation file D_EventWatcher.xml
Luup : Failed to download all plugins. Will retry in 10 minutes.
GCal3 Matt[134] : Startup Lua Failed
ERROR : Error in lua for scenes and events
GCal3 Holidays[224] : Startup Lua Failed

Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
rootfs 8.6M 8.4M 212.0K 98% /
/dev/root 10.0M 10.0M 0 100% /rom
tmpfs 124.8M 364.0K 124.4M 0% /tmp
/dev/mtdblock7 8.6M 8.4M 212.0K 98% /overlay
overlayfs:/overlay 8.6M 8.4M 212.0K 98% /
tmpfs 512.0K 0 512.0K 0% /dev
/dev/mtdblock10 50.0M 1.5M 48.5M 3% /storage
/dev/mtdblock10 50.0M 1.5M 48.5M 3% /etc/cmh-firmware
/dev/mtdblock10 50.0M 1.5M 48.5M 3% /etc/cmh-backup
/dev/sda1 487.9M 4.2M 447.8M 1% /tmp/log/cmh
/dev/mtdblock9 10.0M 10.0M 0 100% /mios
[/code][/quote]

I had the same issues with every update since since about May…I have the DataMine 2 Plugin installed and it uses just enough space to fill it up. This is how I solved my issue: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,81524.msg386059.html#msg386059

Hope this helps.

Hmm. I do have that plugin too. But since I mounted a USB drive and stored all the logs there I didn’t think that much room was being used.

Updated 1x Plus and 2x Edge with simple setups:

All took first time and the two Veras with most use report no Vera or luup reboots/restarts since installed 4 days ago (per SysMon). Encouraging, rarely would it run for 2 days.

I have the same setup with data being logged to a USB, however the plugin itself takes up 2.4mb which is quite large considering the partition is only about 8.6mb or so if I remember correctly. That is about 28% of the partition just for this one plugin. My guess is that anyone who has this plugin installed is having a similar problem.

I have the same setup with data being logged to a USB, however the plugin itself takes up 2.4mb which is quite large considering the partition is only about 8.6mb or so if I remember correctly. That is about 28% of the partition just for this one plugin. My guess is that anyone who has this plugin installed is having a similar problem.[/quote]

If storage space continues to be a problem, I am considering moving the rootfs of the vera to an external USB SSD.

Not for the faint of heart but could be the solution.

The right solution is for Vera to NOT release the OS every time …
They need to break their current installation into:
a) An OS piece
b) A Vera piece
Then they olnly need enough space for the Vera Stuff with each release …
Then they can release an OS independent of the Vera Stuff and visa-versa.
Note: There is already a
c) User/Controller specific piece that is supposed to survive an update

I thought I removed my Datamine app, but my Vera is sideways right now and a different app uninstalled. I removed the datamine this morning, and ran the following commands from support, and now my Overlay partition is 54% used.

[code]rm -r /overlay/etc/cmh/ergy*

rm -rf /overlay/etc/cmh-firmware/mios*

reboot[/code]

Firmware process update…

My device app errors “GCal3 Holidays[224] : Startup Lua Failed” “Harmony[227] : Startup Lua Failed” “MultiSwitch[229] : Startup Lua Failed” were resolved when I uninstalled those apps. Now my Vera engine reloads without these errors, but I am getting the following error. Any idea what this is and how to resolve it?

Luup : Downloading Luup Plugins Luup : Downloading Luup Plugins Luup : Downloading Luup Plugins Luup : Failed to download all plugins. Will retry in 10 minutes.

Why can?t Vera just create a beefier device that has more storage and memory ? It seems the majority of issues happen due to capacity issues.

The last device from Vera, the Secure, was actually released more than 1.5 years ago and that was not a high spec device either and UI 7 is now almost 4 years old as well.

[quote=“3rdStng, post:32, topic:199491”]Firmware process update…

My device app errors “GCal3 Holidays[224] : Startup Lua Failed” “Harmony[227] : Startup Lua Failed” “MultiSwitch[229] : Startup Lua Failed” were resolved when I uninstalled those apps. Now my Vera engine reloads without these errors, but I am getting the following error. Any idea what this is and how to resolve it?

Luup : Downloading Luup Plugins Luup : Downloading Luup Plugins Luup : Downloading Luup Plugins Luup : Failed to download all plugins. Will retry in 10 minutes.[/quote]

I looks like my Netatmo plugin is the culprit of the Downloading Luup Plugins messages. Everytime my engine reloads, I see the attached image…

[quote=“3rdStng, post:34, topic:199491”][quote=“3rdStng, post:32, topic:199491”]Firmware process update…

Luup : Downloading Luup Plugins Luup : Downloading Luup Plugins Luup : Downloading Luup Plugins Luup : Failed to download all plugins. Will retry in 10 minutes.[/quote]

I looks like my Netatmo plugin is the culprit of the Downloading Luup Plugins messages. Everytime my engine reloads, I see the attached image…[/quote]

So im having exactly the same issue, also related to the netatmo app, have you found any solution?

Customer Care can easily sort out any storage issues. Contact details in my signature.
I strongly advise to let them do this for you. It’s faster and safer.

So what is exactly not working for the Fibaro FGS223 (2*1.5kW rated switch) ? I use several of them but and they seem to switch fine.

[quote=“funckychicken, post:35, topic:199491”][quote=“3rdStng, post:34, topic:199491”][quote=“3rdStng, post:32, topic:199491”]Firmware process update…

I looks like my Netatmo plugin is the culprit of the Downloading Luup Plugins messages. Everytime my engine reloads, I see the attached image…[/quote]

So im having exactly the same issue, also related to the netatmo app, have you found any solution?[/quote]
It took a couple of uninstalls and reinstall to get it right again. And a few engine reloads for the Netatmo plugin to download everything it needed.
Ultimately I ended up deleting 4 of my installed plugins, one being Datamine. Once I did this it freed up a fair amount of space. I have since reinstalled 2 plugins and keep going back and forth on if I need the other 2.

[quote=“Sorin, post:36, topic:199491”]Customer Care can easily sort out any storage issues. Contact details in my signature.
I strongly advise to let them do this for you. It’s faster and safer.[/quote]

They must be too busy to sort mine out. I had Customer Care do the upgrade to make sure it went smoothly and I still have issues. Devices falling off the network, plugins no longer working, just general instability. I have emails to Customer Care to sort it but it takes days for them to get back to me and when they do, nothing really gets any better.

It is a pretty sad state with the Vera at this point. I have more devices to add and want to control more lights with it but at this point , I don’t trust it.

I would probably call them and work directly with them over the phone.
I hear you about stability though. I was getting plugin errors in my notification banner at the top. I removed four of them until things were stable and the errors went away.

• Netatmo
  • Harmony
  • MultiSwitch
  • EventWatcher
    I also deleted DataMine, which cleared up a lot of space for me. I have not put DataMine or Eventwatcher back in yet as I’m trying to figure out if I really need them. If you are needing space, there is a previous post by me that states two directories you can delete. These came from support and cleared a little room for me. DataMine cleared another ~25%. A reboot is needed after you clear these two directories though.

Good luck.