New Evolve LCD1 Plugin

@gengen

Thank you for the answer,

For the LOG do I have to take it when the VERA is looping and does not work well or at any time? Is it better to erase the previous data?

@Lafer

Send me whatever log you have. I will analyze it and ask for more if I need it.

Please see my previous instructions to wilme2 except that in your case, I don’t suggest using the debug version. Getting the user data xml however could be very useful along with the log.

Gengen

@gengen

I sent you a personal message with a link for the two requested files. I hope everything will work.

Finally a little life in my $100 Nexia NX1000 paper weight. I do see many of the issues that other have with the waiting for device to wake and such and can only trigger scenes right now, etc., but its x1000 better than before. I hope you can get some of the other features working on this device and can only imagine how time consuming this is.
Thank you for all your work on this Gengen. Excellent work!

One of my One-Touch buttons keeps reverting back to an old configurations. Is there a way to delete out the config and re-load?

Here is version 1.23 of the scene controller.

This is mostly to fix problems with the Nexia One-Touch.
It now support Central Scene mode. This is implemented to enable toggling of arbitrary devices. You can also trigger separate Vera scenes for tap and long-press.
“Direct” devices in central scene mode are actually “toggle” devices handled by the Vera controller rather than being sent directly to the device. Holding down a button in central scene mode dims any such toggled devices up and down. The button highlighting will not toggle, however.

This version also fixes a bug where previously the plug-in was doing a battery wait on non-battery targets of a battery device. This should make configuration easier.

As usual, please send feedback in this thread.

Gengen

My scene buttons stopped working. And nothing seems to resolve. I have updated the labels, pressed the scene button again, validated, saved, reloaded. No working.
Now I am seeing a “Waiting for device to wake up SceneChange: Received unknown scene ID: 101 peer_dev_num=151 cur_scene_time=0” error - but I have changed nothing.

I am really frustrated with this plug-in and the Nexia One-Touch. I do not think it is at a point where it works reliably enough for a production Vera.

@wilme2

Please send me the logs as described earlier in this thread and I should be able to get you up and running again.

Hey @gengen, thanks so much for this plug-in. My LCD-1T and RFWC5 are working perfectly with it!

Now here comes the “but …”. The plug-in seems to have created another problem for me. I can’t successfully pair any other sensor with security once your plug-in has been installed. It always fails to exchange security keys when I try to pair.

I have tried this with a couple of different sensors (Fibaro Door/Window and Fibaro Multisensor) with the same result.

If I restore a backup before I installed your plug-in, I can pair the sensors with no issue. But as soon as I re-install the LCD1 plug-in, I can no longer pair secure sensors. I have seen this both on my “production” Vera with many zwave nodes paired, and on my “test” Vera with no other nodes paired.

[quote=“gengen, post:286, topic:176384”]@wilme2

Please send me the logs as described earlier in this thread and I should be able to get you up and running again.[/quote]

Well, finally have some spare time to install the debug, but funny enough the One-Touch is working again. So at some point it fixed itself. I am guessing it was a z-wave issue and maybe the nightly heal resolved at some point…

[quote=“wilme2, post:288, topic:176384”][quote=“gengen, post:286, topic:176384”]@wilme2

Please send me the logs as described earlier in this thread and I should be able to get you up and running again.[/quote]

Well, finally have some spare time to install the debug, but funny enough the One-Touch is working again. So at some point it fixed itself. I am guessing it was a z-wave issue and maybe the nightly heal resolved at some point…[/quote]

Well, the label on the second button reverted back to something other than what I have in the GUI. So I went to make all three tabs the same (same button in top position on tab 1, 2, 3 - so button 1, 6, 11 the same). I added the labels in the plug-in, and since I wanted to use the same scenes, I added them as triggers in each scene. Worked until I got to the last tab. Bizarrely its second button (#12) got the same wrong label as the first tabs second button (#2) which I have been fighting. Then I got:

SceneChange: Received unknown scene ID: 97 peer_dev_num=151 cur_scene_time=0 SceneChange: Received unknown scene ID: 97 peer_dev_num=151 cur_scene_time=0 Waiting for device to wake up SceneChange: Received unknown scene ID: 97 peer_dev_num=151 cur_scene_time=0

The plug-in is correct, of course - there is no scene 97 - but then again I didn’t assign a scene 97.

Is there a way to blow out the configuration for the One-Touch in Vera and start over? Or edit a file on Vera directly to get things right? So much trial-and-error - even for Vera…

I have a guess there is an old config that keeps trying to push to the controller. Hence the fact I am always left with one “Waiting for device to wake up” even after it successfully updates the controller…

@lafer @gengen

Were you able to find a solution to the problem? I’m having the same issue. I’ve had it installed for over a year and about a week ago I started having issues.

Everyone,

Sorry, I’ve been quiet on this board recently, but I have not been idle. I will soon release a major new version of the Evolve LCD1 plugin with new features, improved reliability and excellent support for the HomeSeer line of swiches, dimmers and fan controllers. I am still puting the finishing touches on this new plugin and you will be the first to know about it if you watch this space.

In the meantime, if you are still seeing problems with the old version, please PM me with logs using the debug version and I will try to help you.

Best Regards,

Gengen

awesome news!

I will PM message the log’s

i cant even find one of these units to purchase

@richie.digital how many you need? I have some for sale

none really i was only gonna try to get one for development purposes

:+1::+1: No worries

Today, I posted a new GenGeneric Scene controller plugin which replaces the old Evolve LCD1 plugin. Please see the following new thread:

New scene controller plugin

This thread should now be closed. Please post your comments in the new thread.

Cheers!

Gengen