New firmware update 7.0.25.01

http://support.getvera.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2918498-ui7-▾-vera-software-update-▾-version-7-0-25-01-1-7-1017-1-7-3500-1-7-3532-1-7-3535-▾-january-29-2018

Not much news.

Noticed I was not forced to the firmware update screen…cautiously optimistic that this may be a new trend?

OR…the update is so minor they are not wanting to push the update with the usual constant reminder?

Edit: Also just discovered that when checking via the web interface for firmware updates that I am advised “running the latest version.”

I saw it via the firmware upgrade screen. Upgraded the test VP with no issues.

I checked again. NOW, I am seeing the upgrade option via the web interface settings/firmware. I am not forced to this screen on login. Very nice, especially since reading the firmware notes this update does not apply to my set up.

New VeraPlus told me to upgrade and apparently the jump from 1.7.1786 to 1.7.3532 has locked my unit down. Tried the 2 reset in 1 second and the 6 reset in 6 second tricks and I only have a green power light. Bummer. Now to figure out how to email or call for help. :o

It would be nice if these informative webpages would be pushed to this forum by Vera staff.

I was forced to the firmware upgrade page.

Well it has been upgrading now for an hour and it looks like it is locked up …go figure.

Had problems : lua not loading, plugins not loaded, no tech support acces.
Sent support a mail, it seems to be fixed.
Update
Unfortunately it is not fixed, all LEDs are on again, but no contact.
Tried remotely but no acces to mcv (fault 522, host server down)
Update
No, vera plus is down, no connection, in spite of all LEDs are on. Sigh…

Just found this one !!!

Re: Vera Plus (working beautifully, then chose fw update - now just power light)
? Reply #59 on: January 30, 2018, 08:45:08 pm ?

Killed my new Vera Plus tonight with tonight’s new firmware update. It does not respond to 6 pushes of the reset button within six seconds.

***Update - I called customer care and they were outstanding. Santiago dialed in and restored the firmware from a server. It looks like this will be a problem for all Vera Plus units.

For those who are about to go through it, they need to take control of your computer, Vera needs to be directly connected to your computer by ethernet and you need to connect to your network by wifi. I’m someone who NEVER let any support share my computer, but even if you got a new unit from the store it would likely have the same problem.

Seems that this update is passed step by step.
Yesterday I didn’t see it, today I see it but only on my Plus (probably because update don’t change anything for this controller)

Although on the page it is stated that upgrade to 7.0.25.01 is not needed if you already have 7.0.25, I decided to upgrade and did it couple of minutes ago without issues.

This addresses some key issues generated by the previous release with some of the controllers, as mentioned in the release notes. Other than that it contains all the fixes and additions from 7.24/7/25 firmware.

http://support.getvera.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2912913-ui7-▾-vera-software-update-▾-version-7-0-25-1-7-1017-1-7-3500-1-7-3501-1-7-3502-▾-january-15-2018
http://support.getvera.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2909666-ui7-▾-software-update-▾-version-7-0-24-1-7-1011-1-7-3452-1-7-3453-1-7-3454-▾-december-19-2017

And as always, should you have any issues with the upgrade, questions, comments, or concerns, please email us at support@getvera.com.

@Sorin M.
i have a vera plus unit and I’m having problems whit my unit since last 3 firmware upgrades.
i open a case whit vera support about 2 weeks ago, Bowdan is seen it.
yesterday i tray to upgrade to the new firmare, but i could’t, the unit freeze and i had to make a factory reset. Now i have the message: /usr/bin/GetLatestVersion.sh: line 139: can’t create /etc/cmh/version_latest: No space left on device

Could you please speed up my case?

Best Regards.

Sorin, thanks for posting this update on the forum. I gave you a +1.

@cormaza
Same problem here.
Maybe support is looking at it !??
But I have lost local acces.

Sorin, thanks for posting this update on the forum. I gave you a +1.[/quote]

Thanks, Don, I always appreciate your community contribution.

@cormaza , @svaleb - I have identified your tickets and they are being looked at as we speak.

Still contemplating 7.25.01 / 7.3532 after the sour experience with 7.25 / 7.3501 I’m back on 7.23 / 7.3015 on my VeraPlus.

Support has offered to do it remotely for me and has assured me I have adequate space after they cleaned up files on my unit to get it running again.

Leary.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Hello there,

To clarify one thing, 7.0.25.01 firmware which is a hotfix for 7.0.25, was ONLY affecting FACTORY units (new unboxed units), with firmware 1.7.1786. Other Vera units with various other firmware on them, are not affected.

Other customers that are running anything else other than 1.7.1786, should not be worried and can update freely, to benefit from the new features added by the new firmware.

Hello,

I am currently running: Running Version 1.7.2608 , I have several Fibaro FGS0-223 and I saw they are now supported.
However, from reading this forum it seems that any update (at least the last 3) is very risky.
How safe is the upgrade ? or what are the chances my VeraPlus will break after the upgrade ?

Regards,
Nir Gal

[quote=“nirgal, post:19, topic:198446”]Hello,

I am currently running: Running Version 1.7.2608 , I have several Fibaro FGS0-223 and I saw they are now supported.
However, from reading this forum it seems that any update (at least the last 3) is very risky.
How safe is the upgrade ? or what are the chances my VeraPlus will break after the upgrade ?

Regards,
Nir Gal[/quote]

If you have had no problems with 2608, stay there… It was actually my last stable build until the 25 beta. The released 25 has more problems than the beta as usual… There are three 7.0.25 versions out there, the beta, the released, and the hotfix.