New firmware update 7.0.25.01

[quote=“nirgal, post:19, topic:198446”][?]any update (at least the last 3) is very risky.
How safe is the upgrade ? or what are the chances my VeraPlus will break after the upgrade ? [/quote]

DO NOT upgrade

My unit has stopped working 3 days ago after few weeks of working state (Vera Plus 7.0.25 NOT 7.0.25.01 but I assume it does’n matter) and I have no time for fixing this now… so I just switch it off, because all is going worse.

My unit is offline and ie. it states:
“/usr/bin/GetLatestVersion.sh: line 139: can’t create /etc/cmh/version_latest: No space left on device”

1 Like

I’ve had the same problem for the last 3 or 4 upgrades. Customer Care was helpful and able to logon remotely to remove some z-wave language files not needed, bringing the overlay from 98 percent full to 89 percent. However each time I upgraded the language files were back again and I’d have to go through the same routine. Several times they commented on the number of plug-ins I had - I really don’t have that many? Though I am thankful and appreciate the help from CC I would much rather support things myself. I started digging around and discovered where the plug-in files were located and how to remove them. To my surprise the files for plug-ins that were removed over the years were still present. In 10 baby steps and while making backups before each step I removed almost 200 files. There were 347 files in that directory and now only 152 with all current plug-ins working. The overlay is now down to 71 percent and the size of my backup file went from 2.6 MB to 1.3 MB. So beware if you install a plug-in and later remove it, some or all files are left behind and taking up valuable space. I think there needs to be a more efficient way of uninstalling plug-ins and/or purging the plug-in directory.

I’ve been pretty satisfied with my Vera Plus for almost a year now…but after upgrading to the latest firmware…I started getting problems :frowning:

In the Vera app I sometimes get the message “Controller is busy updating data” when trying to control a device…and then my device does not switch it’s state. This often also leads to my Vera controller getting unresponsive and unreachable through my home network (it’s directly connected to my router via lan port). When this happens it also…for some reason…interferes with my internet access…so I loose the internet completely.
So I need to restart my Vera to get it up and running again…for a couple of hours…until it gets stuck again.

I’ve tried both a network reset and a z-wave chip reset…but with no success. So I’m pretty annoyed at the moment…not only on my Vera controller but also on the customer support who has not yet replied to my ticket I sent two days ago.

I was thinking of downgrading to version 7.0.25…but not really sure how to do it the easiest way…without screwing things up…

I upgraded from vera lite to vera plus to get rid of “not enough memory” errors.
The transfer went relatively smooth except for GE 45600 remotes, not a deal breaker.
I am sending back my second unit after attempting to update to latest firmware.
I updated the first and figured maybe I did something wrong. But tech support did it this weekend and bricked the second unit.
3 button and 6 button presses act like they are doing something, then unit reboots every 5 minutes, no other lights.
looks like its time to explore other options. it should not be this difficult.

I can’t even tell how the firmware numbers are working. My vera is running on You are running the latest version 1.7.4000. I have been hoping for the new release to fix the problem that I am having with my system going down 3 times a day and I have to restart it by unplugging it. I did a service request a long time ago, they watched the logs and basically brushed me off. I am hoping the new release, assuming there still is a new release will make this unit stable. If not, I am DONE!