New Kodi add-on - "XBMC Z-Wave Vera Addon"

Some news for you guys.

Looks like there is a new Kodi add-on for Vera I just stumbled on it via a Google Search

http://www.smarthome.com.au/smarthome-blog/xbmc-vera-z-wave-addon/

Its called “XBMC Z-Wave Vera Addon”

Not sure if there is an existing thread on this forum for this add-on?

It can run scenes upon play and pause. you can specify a time range for night mode and most interesting it also lets you create shortcuts to five other Vera scenes and has an on-screen popup menu to select them!

Screen shot:

http://www.smarthome.com.au/media/extendware/ewimageopt/media/template/54/b/xbmc-insteon-addon-24.jpg

I just installed the new add-on and had a quick go with the shortcuts feature.

In my skin Xperience1080 the on-screen menu doesn’t look quite right and has no box / borders around it and no highlighting so you don’t know what you are selecting. See attached screen shot.

All that seems to work OK in the Confluence skin though.

Also when selecting items from the on-screen menu, the add-on keeps popping up notification messages in Kodi either saying:

Please check your Vera IP address and Port in the add-on settings (Timeout)

OR

Debug not completed

But the scenes run OK anyway regardless. There doesn’t seem to be an option to disable these error notification popup messages.

The night mode is just a start time and end time which is no good in the UK where we have daylight saving and night time in the summer might be around 10pm but in the winter it might get dark at 4pm. This needs to be linked in to the Vera night and day plug-in ideally like in KodiRemote.

I guess you could put the night mode functionality in to your “Kodi” scenes instead of using the start time / end time in the Kodi add-on settings.

I didn’t test the Video and Audio playback part of it but there are options in the Kodi add-on for the following

Video Started
Video Paused
Video Resumed
Video Stopped
Video Ended

Audio Started
Audio Paused
Audio Resumed
Audio Stopped
Audio Ended

EDIT:

Found one of the developers original threads on the Kodi Forum, I asked the question about other skins and the dialog window not looking right.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=185297&pid=2183696#pid2183696

I will give it a go tonight.
I’m using Aeon Nox SiLvO theme…

Thanks CW-Kid

Hopefully the add-on developer will see this thread.

My first feature request would be integration with the Vera Day or Night plug-in rather than just being able to set a start and end time for the night mode which won’t really work all year round.

Attached is a screen shot from the other KodiRemote add-on where you can specify what is the device ID of your Day or Night device in Vera and then in the playerstate settings you can select NIGHT so your lights will only come on when its actually night according to the Day or Night plug-in etc.

Second request would be support for other Kodi skins for the scenes on-screen menu.

In fact if KodiRemote itself had the on-screen menu feature for running additional scenes that would be killer.

Thanks

OK I have now configured the Video and Audio player states to run either my Lounge On or Dim Lounge 25% scenes.

This new add-on is certainly more simplistic in approach when compared with KodiRemote, as you just enter the scene ID numbers you want to run in the Kodi add-on settings for each of the various player states etc.

Where as KodiRemote also has a plug-in installed actually on Vera which monitors the player state of the Kodi instance and can then be used in Vera scenes and with PLEG as triggers.

However with the new add-on it is working. When I start to play a video my Dim Lounge 25% scene is executed. But the add-on is still bringing up that “Please check your Vera IP address…” popup notification message most times for some reason?

If I pause or stop the video then it runs the Lounge On scene OK as well.

Likewise with music playback that kinda seems to be working as well, but again shows these popup notification messages. And worse still is that when the next track is played it runs the Dim Lounge 25% scene again, there is no debouncing option like there is in KodiRemote to prevent that happening.

I then set my night mode start and end times in the add-on settings 6PM to 6AM.

Its currently dark here now and the time is 4:55PM anyway when starting to play music or video the Kodi add-on did NOT run the scene which is correct as per the currently set start and end times in its settings.

I then changed it to 5PM to 6AM and now (after 5PM) it does run the scene at video start. So the start / end times for the night mode appears to be working OK also, but as I said ideally it needs to be integrated with the Day or Night plug-in to be of any real use, or it just won’t work year round.

Overall this new add-on needs some more work to be up to the KodiRemote standard. Which is a shame as the on-screen menu to run additional scenes was a very neat idea !

If anyone has the coding skills to integrate the on-screen menu for running additional scenes in to the existing KodiRemote Kodi add-on that would be the best solution I think, as generally KodiRemote works very well at least for me on my new Vera Edge UI7 it has been…

Does this work on UI5???

I have not tried it on UI5 but I don’t see why it wouldn’t work.

I kinda fixed the on-screen popup menu see here for how.

Although its still missing the dialog window border lines.

Good work.

I am, like you, still getting the “configure Vera…” when a movie stops, starts or ends with a scene associated to either action

The shortcuts do not seem to populate in Aeon Nox Silvo on the main screen. Strange…

Going to contact the developer to point him to this thread.
Good find CW-Kid.

Personally i find this addon to work better than the kodi remote…

When you say

The shortcuts do not seem to populate in Aeon Nox Silvo on the main screen

Have you got a screen shot so we can see? Or does nothing appear at all?

Does it work OK in Confluence?

im going to try it on my AeonNox SiLvO install on my desktop, its a bit tough taking screenshots on Openelec in the lounge.
Will post tonight with my screenshots.

[quote=“alpha1, post:12, topic:190109”]im going to try it on my AeonNox SiLvO install on my desktop, its a bit tough taking screenshots on Openelec in the lounge.
Will post tonight with my screenshots.[/quote]

I installed x11vnc add-on on my OpenElec HTPCs so I can then use a VNC viewer on my Windows desktop to connect to the OpenElec screen, I can then take screen shots that way.

GENIUS

What repo is that from?

Thanks
N

[quote=“alpha1, post:14, topic:190109”]GENIUS

What repo is that from?

Thanks
N[/quote]

The repo on my machine is called

Unofficial OpenElec (Generic/x86_64) Add-ons

Cant remember if I had to install that repo some how.

The x11vnc add-on is under Services section.

@alpha1

Can you test something?

In the new add-on in the settings where you setup your shortcut scenes.

There is an option to enter the scene ID number as you know, but underneath that there is also an option to open an XBMC window.

For example:

Shortcut 1 - Open XBMC Window -

And you can set this to things like

Movies - Titles

Or

Music - Albums

I tried this but when I click the button for this scene on the on-screen popup menu, it runs the Vera scene OK but it does not make XBMC go to the window / area specified.

Thanks

Yeah, give me a few hours and i will do it tonight!

These XBMC window options are not mentioned at all in the developers blog post, so I am assuming this is what they are meant to do, when you run the scene it can also take you to a certain area of the Kodi GUI.

But it doesn’t seem to do anything for me at all other than just run the assigned Vera scene.

Hi all,

I am the developer of the XBMC Z-Wave Vera Addon. I adapted this from an addon I created for some time ago for INSTEON, I really have not spent a lot of time debugging so feedback here is really appreciated.

Thank you cw-kid for reaching out on Facebook and starting this post :slight_smile:

I think the first thing to fix is the annoying “configure Vera…” notification. I will start with that and post back when fixed.

Back soon…

Hi,

Ok, the Vera IP and port issue should be fixed.

http://www.smarthome.com.au/smarthome-blog/xbmc-vera-z-wave-addon/

I would suggest testing is done on the default Confluence skin, this way I will be able to address any “root” issues before looking at other skins.

The “XBMC window options” works for me in Confluence, is this the case for others?

Feedback is greatly appreciated :slight_smile: