NEW MultiWave Pool Controller

I have a running dialog with the Multi-wave tech support/developers (815) 675-7000 and they recently told me that they completed tests with Vera and that their pool controller system can (1) read and set temperatures (2) change actuators - like “pool to spa” and "filter pump on/off as well as (3) turn on pool/spa/aux lights.

This is really good news for me.

I specifically asked what I would need to control my Goldline Control AQL-PS4 controller and they are getting back to me.

They did mention that Vera needed a software upgrade to make the features run and that was a Micasaverde task. Any news on when that may be available?

Remote Owner,
It has been two weeks since I posted about MCV being able to start working within 2-3 weeks on the project. So I will see if I can get an update.

Incidentally, you reminded me that Intermatic has been testing against a Vera2 that I sent them so I need to ask for that back, now that they are done with it, before I forget! :slight_smile:

Let you know as soon as I know anything new.

Any idea when the software is going to be released? I’m trying to decide if I should keep these units or not right now. So far they are really disappointing me. They work together quite well but I’ve found a couple of show-stoppers for me and I’m wondering if any of them are being fixed. One is that the controller won’t work with any of the Intermatic Z-Wave older units (HA02 etc.), I spoke to their tech support and they tell me “sometimes it they work and sometimes they don’t”, I have about 20 of these units and none of them work with the controller I have, why call it “Z-Wave compatible” if it’s not?. The second and more serious thing to me is the fact that you can’t set the temperature of the spa or pool below 50 degrees on the controller. So if the water falls below that temperature in either the pool or the spa (which even in Arizona where I live it will do in winter) the heater will kick in and try to keep the water at 50 degrees, which could be quite costly 24/7 with propane. I just spoke to Intermatic tech support and their answer was “you’ll have to pull the breaker in winter if you don’t want the heater to come on under 50 degrees”. So what’s the point of having a control unit if every time I want to go in the spa in winter I have to walk around and manually switch on the breaker (doh!).

If any of you folks know anything I don’t about these problems I would really appreciate your input.

Thanks,

Mark
???

I am still waiting to hear back on whether or not MCV will be working out these issues anytime soon.

MarkC,
I have had a couple of HA02’s behave flaky but I only use plugin modules for testing so I do not rely on them long term but I could see that being a problem for your setup. Perhaps someone has a handle on other plugins that behave consistently.

As for the Pool Controller you do have the 50 degree limit locked in. I am in south Florida where they are marketing these units locally so we do not have a problem with the temp that low as many of the pool heat pumps only dial down to 60 degrees if you ran them directly. What you could do is add a 220 Zwave switch to the power side of the Heater and flip it off and on (enable/disable).

Has anyone actually installed one of these yet? I’m very intrigued, and the roughly $350 price point seems excellent.

One other question–does the remote control work independent of Z-wave? In other words, I’m wondering if Vera/Z-wave network went down whether this could be controlled using the primary remote controller, which appears to have built-in timer functions.

[quote=“ksquared, post:25, topic:165611”]Has anyone actually installed one of these yet? I’m very intrigued, and the roughly $350 price point seems excellent.

One other question–does the remote control work independent of Z-wave? In other words, I’m wondering if Vera/Z-wave network went down whether this could be controlled using the primary remote controller, which appears to have built-in timer functions.[/quote]

I have one installed and it works for the most part. It just has some dumb settings and doesn’t work well with other z-wave devices. I would not buy one again.

The Multi-wave training person insisted they would not prohibit workinig with other Zwave devices. He went further to cliam that they will work well with other Zwave products.

They told me the same thing before I bought the unit, then it was “oh deal, that doesn’t seem to work does it”. I have 20 if the Intermaitc appliance modules (indoor and outdoor) and my unit won’t work with any of them. Made by the same company as the pool controller.

so what modules do work!

Why did I waste my time in the training class. That’s what you get on the internet.

Is there any product in Zwave that works without a hastle?

Cmon FOLKS… GEEZ.

[quote=“zmistro, post:29, topic:165611”]so what modules do work!

Why did I waste my time in the training class. That’s what you get on the internet.

Is there any product in Zwave that works without a hastle?

Cmon FOLKS… GEEZ.[/quote]

Hey, none of my business, why did you waste your time in training class? You asked a question, I answered it. If you don’t want answers you don’t like, don’t ask questions.

I won’t bother answering next time, that’s for sure.

why the hastle.

I took the class last fall. I took the class to learn about the product. The product claime to be Zwave compatable. I take these webinairs to keep up with things. Spoke to the instructor afterwards. I am very suprised your modules don’t work.

My sarcasam was not directed at you. It was directed at Zwave products.
If I offended you I am sorry.

i would however like to know what zwave products work with the system today if you know.

[quote=“mcoulter, post:22, topic:165611”]Remote Owner,
It has been two weeks since I posted about MCV being able to start working within 2-3 weeks on the project. So I will see if I can get an update.

Incidentally, you reminded me that Intermatic has been testing against a Vera2 that I sent them so I need to ask for that back, now that they are done with it, before I forget! :slight_smile:

Let you know as soon as I know anything new.[/quote]

Do you have an update on this?

[quote=“Remote Owner, post:21, topic:165611”]I have a running dialog with the Multi-wave tech support/developers (815) 675-7000 and they recently told me that they completed tests with Vera and that their pool controller system can (1) read and set temperatures (2) change actuators - like “pool to spa” and "filter pump on/off as well as (3) turn on pool/spa/aux lights.

This is really good news for me.

I specifically asked what I would need to control my Goldline Control AQL-PS4 controller and they are getting back to me.

They did mention that Vera needed a software upgrade to make the features run and that was a Micasaverde task. Any news on when that may be available?[/quote]

Hi,

Did the software for the pool controler every get released?

Thanks for your help,

Mark

There has been no modification to control the Multi-wave’s temp settings at this time.

I have tried to get a response back from Vera but have heard nothing in two months now. I take it that their current builds and patches are keeping them busy, however I would like to know that the issue is in a queue somewhere and an ETA would be nice as well.

I do not know if there is a way to control the temp settings in the advanced settings. The Temperature and Set Temp do display in Advanced but I do not know if that allows for any manipulation.

Wish I knew more…

[quote=“mcoulter, post:34, topic:165611”]There has been no modification to control the Multi-wave’s temp settings at this time.

I have tried to get a response back from Vera but have heard nothing in two months now. I take it that their current builds and patches are keeping them busy, however I would like to know that the issue is in a queue somewhere and an ETA would be nice as well.

I do not know if there is a way to control the temp settings in the advanced settings. The Temperature and Set Temp do display in Advanced but I do not know if that allows for any manipulation.

Wish I knew more…[/quote]

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I don’t think I was very clear about my question but I meant to ask; was the firmware for the pool control from Intermatic released yet? The update to the controller and the hand set that at least lets you get at the information you have with the beta?

Thanks again for your help,

Mark

Yes, version 3.0 is out of beta now. I was on version 2.8 orginally with my Intermatic unit. They were testing me with the beta of the 3.0. If you buy a new Multi-wave unit it will ship with 3.0, however you can upgrade via a PC based software with a USB controller stick if you have an earlier version.

I’m using the latest general release of UI4 as far as Vera goes.

[quote=“mcoulter, post:36, topic:165611”]Yes, version 3.0 is out of beta now. I was on version 2.8 orginally with my Intermatic unit. They were testing me with the beta of the 3.0. If you buy a new Multi-wave unit it will ship with 3.0, however you can upgrade via a PC based software with a USB controller stick if you have an earlier version.

I’m using the latest general release of UI4 as far as Vera goes.[/quote]

Thanks! That’s good news. I can’t seem to find the download on the Intermatic web site, can you point me to it please?

Thanks again,

Mark

Hi,

I got the 3.0 version of the software and I have now updated both of my units. I am now trying to figure out how to connect it to my vera. Do I connect the vera as a second controller?

Any tips would be helpful.

Thanks,

Mark

I’m interested in this upgrade too.
It seems that nothing is being done with it on the MCV side though…

I have the upgrade, if you contact Frank at Intermatic support he’ll probably send it to you.

I would just like to know how to include my vera with it so I can use both the remote control and Vera to control it, not having much luck though.