New Plugin: Deus Ex Machina

Haven’t tried it yet, but I think this should work to enable/disable the plugin from a script:

enable:

luup.variable_set("urn:futzle-com:serviceId:DeusExMachina1", "Enabled", 1, lul_device)

disable:

luup.variable_set("urn:futzle-com:serviceId:DeusExMachina1", "Enabled", 0, lul_device)

Anyone know how to get the source code for this? I’d like to modify the code to make it more user configurable.

thx

The source is on github

[quote=“Aaron, post:22, topic:172207”]Anyone know how to get the source code for this? I’d like to modify the code to make it more user configurable.

thx[/quote]
+1

[quote=“drag0n, post:21, topic:172207”]Haven’t tried it yet, but I think this should work to enable/disable the plugin from a script:

enable:

luup.variable_set("urn:futzle-com:serviceId:DeusExMachina1", "Enabled", 1, lul_device)

disable:

luup.variable_set("urn:futzle-com:serviceId:DeusExMachina1", "Enabled", 0, lul_device)

doesn’t seem to work…

Did you substitute the proper device number for [tt]lul_device[/tt]?

E.g.:luup.variable_set("urn:futzle-com:serviceId:DeusExMachina1", "Enabled", 1, 109)

Today the new “Vacation Ghost” Plugin I am working on was spooking for the first time, beta coming soon…

Really looking to test it!

Note: if possible to activate/deactivate by scene would be perfect!
Note/wish: if possible to call also scene with the same schema => so to call Sonos (radio simulation) or other preprogrammed event

THANK YOU
Matteo

ghoul-y freak’n yeah!

This is what I have been wanting and was even going to try to do myself, until I looked at the way Vera has things and found out my learning curve is too large to dive into it yet.

I hope you release it before Dec vacation!

[quote=“oTi@, post:26, topic:172207”]Did you substitute the proper device number for [tt]lul_device[/tt]?

E.g.:luup.variable_set("urn:futzle-com:serviceId:DeusExMachina1", "Enabled", 1, 109)[/quote]

I did. The scene runs and it even turns green and says “Deus Ex Machina” in a green bar underneath the scene box but checking the plugin shows the button still on “disabled” and the “enabled” line in the advanced tab is still 0.

Have you tried it?

This is what I have been wanting and was even going to try to do myself, until I looked at the way Vera has things and found out my learning curve is too large to dive into it yet.

It is indeed complicated as hell. And if I wouldn’t have a roommate who is software developer (I often call him my speech-controlled-super-computer) I would never have been able to develop this!

Yep, I had. Did you refresh the browser page? (The buttons on the [tt]Control[/tt] tab change regardless; but the variable value on the [tt]Advanced[/tt] tab won’t.)

Yep, I had. Did you refresh the browser page? (The buttons on the [tt]Control[/tt] tab change regardless; but the variable value on the [tt]Advanced[/tt] tab won’t.)[/quote]

yes I did, I’m not clear from your answer whether you got it working or not.

Yes, I did indeed try it. With the observations as stated: the buttons on the [tt]Control[/tt] tab change regardless [of refreshing the browser page first]; but the variable value on the [tt]Advanced[/tt] tab won’t change [until refreshing the browser page first].

I will try again. I simply pasted luup.variable_set(“urn:futzle-com:serviceId:DeusExMachina1”, “Enabled”, 1, 94) into a luup box on a test scene. Saved it and ran it. It doesn’t seem to produce the same actions. I will try again with a new scene from scratch.

I deleted that previously used test scene and recreated a new one. Now it works as you describe.

I installed and used the Deus Ex Machina app over Thankgsiving, and found that it does just as advertised. I like it. The lights went on and off randomly, starting at dusk. Thanks to the datamine datamine app, I was able to see when the lights were changed, and when the ended up off for good. To my surprise, the lights in the house didn’t all turn off until about 5am or so. I read about a bug that caused the shutoff time to work incorrectly if it was before midnight, so I changed to midnight, and this helped, but the lights still didn’t end up being off until about 3am. Maybe this problem happened because the bug was not yet fixed, I’m not sure. Or maybe I don’t understand the (after sunset) reference correctly, though I tried very small numbers without success also.

So question is: Is this a bug that needs fixing still, or am I doing something wrong?

[quote=“chixxi, post:27, topic:172207”]Today the new “Vacation Ghost” Plugin I am working on was spooking for the first time, beta coming soon…[/quote]Any progress on this, because I am very interested in taking this puppy for a spin :slight_smile:

Jaap

We are working on it and we are planning to release the plugin within 1-2 weeks.

[quote=“chixxi, post:39, topic:172207”]We are working on it and we are planning to release the plugin within 1-2 weeks.[/quote]Cool!

Thanks for your hard work :slight_smile:

Jaap