New Plugin : NETMON - a network device monitor

Network Monitor plugin for VERA

New Plugin : NETMON , Network Monitor
supported on UI5, UI7, ALTUI, openluup
The plugin will soon be released in the VERA App Store (MiOS Apps)

Source and more details documentation can be found here : =>
[url=https://github.com/amg0/NetMonitor]https://github.com/amg0/NetMonitor[/url]

This plugin is enabling you to check the availability of some device on your IP network. it uses ping or http to verify the availability of a device and report it as a Motion Sensor device in VERA
-Tripped: means the device is not present or fails
-Untripped: means the device is properly responding to the probe

The plugin is not yet in the App Store but you can find it AltAppStore or the sources on [url=https://github.com/amg0/NetMonitor]https://github.com/amg0/NetMonitor[/url]
To install , download the files from github , upload them and manually create the device

It is freeware but you have a donation setting page if you feel like showing your support

1 Like

Amg0,

Thanks for your continued enhancements.

Tried it on openLuup. I don’t have the “status” tab.

Regards,
Chris

[quote=“ChrisTheC, post:2, topic:199119”]Amg0,

Regards,
Chris[/quote]
I had forgotten to commit in github, it should be in now in latest version. Sorry

[quote=“amg0, post:3, topic:199119”][quote=“ChrisTheC, post:2, topic:199119”]Amg0,

Regards,
Chris[/quote]
I had forgotten to commit in github, it should be in now in latest version. Sorry[/quote]

You can also take the latest altui from github I did some enh for the netmon displays ( dashboard and favorites )

:slight_smile: Looking good!

Just added UI5 support as well. so UI5 UI7 ALTUI and openluup are supported

@amg0. A splendid plug-in. Would I be correct that IgnoreTripTime is not implemented? At least it does not seem to work in the way that I would expect. I have an IP device that is on an unreliable part of the network, so I would like to delay the alert until it has failed two pings. I set IgnoreTripTime to a value more than the polling cycle time, but it still trips, and only delays the un-trip.

correct, not implemented, I need to look at this but am quite busy professionally at the moment. could take a little while

[quote=“amg0, post:1, topic:199119”]Network Monitor plugin for VERA

New Plugin : NETMON , Network Monitor[/quote]

Cool - I was about to install the old PING sensor, but I am going to try this instead

How do I assign a monitored device to a “Room”? I guess in the advanced settings if I knew the room number

UPDATE - works via advanced settings.

UPDATE 2- nope, after a reboot, the motion sensor was back in “No Room” AKA Room 0

Realization - this is parent/child and they have to be in the same room - it is a Vera limitation.

Nope it is a design decision. I made the device in embedded mode so children are following it in the same room as their parent. Seemed to me a better way as they are all just a probe.
I am Not sure if this setting could be controlled by an option and changed after the initial device creation

[quote=“wilme2, post:10, topic:199119”]How do I assign a monitored device to a “Room”? I guess in the advanced settings if I knew the room number

UPDATE 2- nope, after a reboot, the motion sensor was back in “No Room” AKA Room 0

Realization - this is parent/child and they have to be in the same room - it is a Vera limitation.[/quote]

wilme2,

Perhaps I misunderstand your query, but on openLuup/ALTUI, I moved all of the child devices into a separate room via the control panel of the child device.

If this is not what you are looking for, please ignore.

Chris

[quote=“ChrisTheC, post:12, topic:199119”][quote=“wilme2, post:10, topic:199119”]How do I assign a monitored device to a “Room”? I guess in the advanced settings if I knew the room number

Realization - this is parent/child and they have to be in the same room - it is a Vera limitation.[/quote]

wilme2,

Perhaps I misunderstand your query, but on openLuup/ALTUI, I moved all of the child devices into a separate room via the control panel of the child device.

If this is not what you are looking for, please ignore.

Chris[/quote]
Maybe oprnluup did not fully implement the embedded flag concept on devices

I may be missing something, but is there a way to invert the sense of the ‘tripped’ alarm?

I’m using it to monitor by internet connectivity, and having previously used the Ping plugin, OK is ‘1’ and not OK is ‘0’.

[quote=“akbooer, post:14, topic:199119”]I may be missing something, but is there a way to invert the sense of the ‘tripped’ alarm?

I’m using it to monitor by internet connectivity, and having previously used the Ping plugin, OK is ‘1’ and not OK is ‘0’.[/quote]

I think the point is when a device has the embedded flag set too ne all it?s children devices are following it in the same room.
NETmON plugin uses the embedded flag so on vera all children follow their father in the same room and apparently on openluup not hence my inference that embedded flag may not be implemented on openluup. ( have not tested )

[quote=“amg0, post:15, topic:199119”]I think the point is when a device has the embedded flag set too ne all it?s children devices are following it in the same room.
NETmON plugin uses the embedded flag so on vera all children follow their father in the same room and apparently on openluup not hence my inference that embedded flag may not be implemented on openluup. ( have not tested )[/quote]

OK on that. I’ll check, but I thought that I had correctly implemented this behaviour.

However, my recent post was a separate enquiry altogether
 how to invert the sense of the ‘Tripped’ variable.

Loving this plug-in. Have teamed it up with Homewave to monitor all of my Milight Bridges.
Helps flag any connectivity issues quickly and before I waste time troubleshooting scenes that aren’t working.

[quote=“sk1.publicc, post:17, topic:199119”]Loving this plug-in. Have teamed it up with Homewave to monitor all of my Milight Bridges.
Helps flag any connectivity issues quickly and before I waste time troubleshooting scenes that aren’t working.[/quote]
thank you for the feedback

Mine seems to always be in a constant state of tripped.

Looking into this
Also it would be useful if you could share a Vera log file captured with the plugin in debug mode.