New Plugin : NETMON - a network device monitor

you may have version 0.2. Version 0.4 fixed this
I had this on github since a while but did not yet published it to mios app store. this is done now but it will take some days for MCV to approve it
in the mean time you can either take the github version [url=https://github.com/amg0/NetMonitor]https://github.com/amg0/NetMonitor[/url] or install it by opening a browser with this url and ignoring the error messages

http:///port_3480/data_request?id=action&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1&action=CreatePlugin&PluginNum=9081&Version=36920

I believe I am on the latest version , at least it says 0.4. here is the log below, If I am reading this correctly , it appears to be have an error on ping and changing the ip address.

luup_log:216: NETMON: warning: Device 192.X.X.2 did not respond properly to { “type”: “ping”, “name”: “Iphone”, “ipaddr”: “192.X.X.X” } probe <0x72eb2520>
02 10/08/18 20:04:02.351 15622 updated ip 192.X.X.3 mac …

[quote=“ojovilla, post:22, topic:199119”]I believe I am on the latest version , at least it says 0.4. here is the log below, If I am reading this correctly , it appears to be have an error on ping and changing the ip address.

luup_log:216: NETMON: warning: Device 192.X.X.2 did not respond properly to { “type”: “ping”, “name”: “Iphone”, “ipaddr”: “192.X.X.X” } probe <0x72eb2520>
02 10/08/18 20:04:02.351 15622 updated ip 192.X.X.3 mac …[/quote]

Can you ssh into Vera and try to ping this device from the shell cmd line ?

HI amg

I was trying to incorporate the plugin into a notification of some type when I stumbled on what looks like some errata code in the D_NETMON_UI7.json file. Code is near the bottom and is part of the notification tab.

However, my main request has to do with creating some code that will send a push notice whenever a given device goes offline. Rather than create a notice for each and every device (I have quite a few), I was thinking of a function within the plugin itself that would populate a service variable with the names of any offline devices. Then one could access that variable, and use its description as the message body within a push notice. I imagine I would use this same empty variable as the state point and when it populates, it would trigger the notice. Or perhaps there’s a better way to what I’m trying to do.

Is this doable? If not, no worries.
Thx

Hello
I probably do not fully understand. Every device is a motion detector so a device going offline can be detected by an event on the tripped event of that device ( or a Luup variable watch on Tripped variable ), can?t it ?

Thx for the notice on the json I ll have a look

I could not find the problem, could please you show it with a snapshot of code or screen ?

Here’s a snapshot of the file contents.

Yes, I can detect individual devices using a notification for each device. However, since I have a great many devices hanging off my Network (and being monitored) I do not want to have to create an individual notice for each device, but rather one single notice that would fire if any device went offline.

Ok, did you also see the 2 Events ( offline count goes below and goes beyond ) ?
Then we can think of something else like the DeviceStatus variable that contains a json array , I need to check if a luup watch on this variable would work

Ok but what is the problem? This looks correct

For example, what does “temperature_goes_above” have to do with the online status of Network devices?

I can definitely use ‘offline count goes beyond’ as the trigger, if it will fire on anything above 0.
Thx

Here’s a snapshot of what I’m referring to.

Hi amg,
I made the changes to both the lua file and the service file and all works well for my requested notification variable. I did not touch the notification tab. Should I push these changes up to git-hub, or is there a better way to incorporate the code. Thx

[quote=“Buxton, post:34, topic:199119”]Hi amg,
I made the changes to both the lua file and the service file and all works well for my requested notification variable. I did not touch the notification tab. Should I push these changes up to git-hub, or is there a better way to incorporate the code. Thx[/quote]
I ll check, thx

Thx for the commit amg. 8)

After updating today to 0.5 I think it?s some problem. It doesn?t see any of my devices anymore.

Do I have to do any adjustment?

[quote=“Vera Plus user, post:37, topic:199119”]After updating today to 0.5 I think it?s some problem. It doesn?t see any of my devices anymore.

Do I have to do any adjustment?[/quote]
No. Must be another issue. Enable debug mode and share the log please

You are right.

I have another problem with my Vera and when this was solved it was alwright again.

Thank you

amg0,

It is possible to have a toggle somewhere to “INVERT” the detector. I will prefer like AK to have the inverse that a detectesd device is tripped…