New Reactor Sensor Install Fails

I have an older veralite running FW 1.7.1040 and installed Reactor plugin (Ver 3.7) from the Vera Apps Install tab. It installed Ok and I hard reset my browser and rebooted the Vera as it said it was out of sync. Now creating a new sensor I get the error “TypeError cannot read the property ‘root’ of undefined at updateStatus (J_ReactorSensor_UI7.js:1806:4) at eval (eval at interface.callExternalFunction…” and it goes on for a while…

Uninstalled/Rebooted/Reinstalled with same issue. Tried rebooting Vera again and reloading browser, no luck.

I ssh’d in and checked available memory as thought it may be a memory issue…
total used free shared buffers
Mem: 62480 53368 9112 0 0

Not sure next step, I searched for similar posts but could not find any so sorry if this is a duplicate, if so please point me in the right direction as I would like to test out this app.

Thanks,
BradM

Do another Luup reload. Sometimes creating new RS’s requires an additional reload.

No luck same error when I click on “reactor sensor 1” to configure it.

Would you like the full error message, I can grab it from Firefox?

Did you hard reset again after reloading Luup?

Good point, no but did now and also tried in Firefox and Edge browser to be sure. Still getting that nasty popup error when trying to configure it.

If the sensor was disabled when you did the second Luup reload (not browser refresh, but restart of Luup on the Vera), it will not initialize correctly. Make sure the ReactorSensor is enabled, then reload Luup.

1 Like

Thank you so much, looks like the error is gone. I had disabled it due to the error and did not re-enable the sensor. Appreciate your assistance getting it working. Now just need to figure out if it can perform the task I need :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good evening,

I am having a similar issue with creating a new reactor sensor. I have tried rebooting the Vera, many hard refreshes and removing and reinstalling the app. I watched the basic video and followed the instructions several times but no new reactor sensor ever shows up.

Any words of wisdom??

What version number is reported in the footer of the Backup tab in the master device?

The part I was missing was the sensor needs to be “enabled” when rebooting. If it is not enabled the reboot does not correct the problem.

1 Like

So, when you said it “no new reactor sensor ever shows up”, what did you mean? If it wasn’t visible in the dashboard, how did you enable it?

For me, I installed the Reactor app yesterday. The Main Device with a Blue Logo appears in my Devices and when I go to its Control Panel and click Add Sensor, the second icon never shows up. I have tried it several times and done many Hard refreshes on the browser. I restarted my desktop and tried again. I restarted Vera both by disconnecting the power and tried again and by rebooting it from the menu and tried again.

I am running FW 1.7.5185 (7.31) and have installed Version 3.8 of Reactor from the App page.

What are the specific steps to reload the Luup? I am not sure I have found that yet.

Where are you looking for it? Are you local or using remote access?

I am logging into my Vera device thru the Vera web page. At the point where it actually logs into the device it appears to be locally. My browser shows its IP address.

Do you notice a count > 0 on the message in the Reactor master device’s dashboard card? It should say something like Started 8 of 8 at 2020/11/08 12:34:16

To reload Luup and get a good UI refresh:

1. Go to the Reactor master device, Advanced > New service tab, and click the “Reload Engine” button.
  2. While that’s working, hard refresh your browser again: Need to Clear Your Cache? Here’s How

No, it says Open Control Panel!. I am familiar with the Hard Refresh now and have done it dozens of times.

I followed your directions and then attempted to Add Sensor and it still does not show up. Even after another hard refresh of the browser.

OK, go to Apps > Develop apps > Test Luup code and copy-paste this and run it:

os.execute( "rm /etc/cmh-ludl/*_Reactor*" )
luup.reload()

This will remove all the plugin files and force your Vera to reinstall them (you uninstalling the plugin from the UI does not remove the plugin’s files, so if there is cruft in there, this will get it).

By the way… do you have a lot of plugins, or have you used a lot in the past? Are you on Plus? Secure? Edge? 3/Lite?