New user/First time poster - Polling question

BTW, the lock allowed me to change the settings to 86400

No you would set polling to 0.

Wake up interval would be 86400 if you could set it.

In theory upgrading shouldn’t require resetting everything.

Make sure you take a backup first or check that you have automatic backups stored.

Go to Settings - Backup and look in the “Your System Backup Log” for listed backups.

If your not in a rush, I would maybe contact Vera support and ask them about upgrading from version 1.7.569 to the current version which is 1.7.5186 (7.31).

Just to check that there is no known issues? As your firmware version is from 2015.

You could even ask Vera support to do the upgrade for you, which they usually do if you ask.

That way if it does have any issues its on them.

Also if you are going to contact support enquire why you are not seeing a wake up interval setting for your particular make and model of door lock.

Sorry I cannot be of more help.

Schlage locks only have a Poll, no wake up. Not sure why but that is how they show on my Vera Plus which is on the latest version. So probably some kind of limitation with Schlage.

So currently I set my polling to 86400 for that device, just to make sure it doesn’t get out of since and everything seems fine. Batters have a decent life for my needs.

1 Like

There’s your answer then if they don’t have a wake up.

You will need to poll them still to ask for their status.

But then I realized my other Schlage touch screen is set to 0 poll (also doesn’t have a wake setting) and it working just fine that way, so I am going to set both to 0 and see how it goes.

It’s a lock so will be awake/able to receive commands at any time. Would be terrible if you had to wait for lock to wake before you could send open command.

No, they definitely have a instant status feature, where they send instantly to the Vera what is happening (door locks, unlocks, who unlocked it, etc). I was mainly concerned that if one of those messages from the lock to Vera failed I would have a bad state, in the, but I honestly don’t check the UI all that often to know. So going to try it at 0 since my newer Schlage, it self configured it self to 0 poll with no wake up setting.

@shallowearth

So you have two different models of Schlage locks ?

The new ones might support wake up but the older one might not ?

I’m not 100% sure about locks, but generally if a Z-Wave device doesn’t support wake up or instant status feedback then Vera has to poll that device to ask for its status.

But as ElCid says if you send an open command to the lock that has to be instant.

So perhaps even with no wake up interval setting showing in the GUI you still might be able to set polling to 0.

I have a new lock (touch pad) and and old lock (key pad), neither have a Wake up setting they both have a polling setting. The polling setting appears to be fine on both to set to zero. User keypad entries get set to Vera instantly, so does manually opening and closing the lock, so I assume the polling is not needed. Everything seems to works fine without it.

1 Like

That’s good then, set the polling to 0 in that case.

I was just expecting to see a wake up interval setting and wasn’t sure why not.