New Vera Plus Goes into "Offline" when attempting to access the Apps

Hi,

My new vera plus (upgrading from lite) goes into offline mode and hangs for about 3 minutes whenever i try to access the apps list to install something.

I am on a wired connection, I can ping the device during the “offline” period and I am running 1.7.4453

Is this a bug, ive reset to factory settings, checked for updated firmware and rebooted but the behaviour remains.

I updated the device after problems with my lite, however the vera team logged in and fixed the lite but I thought id keep to the new device.

John

See this post

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I’m not sure the explanation on that thread covers my problem or at least explains my issue. If I run both my Vera lite and Vera plus - the lite always connects to the apps and quickly at the same time the plus does not and crashes the unit for 3-4 minutes (it appears as offline in the dashboard url.

If it was my network, internet or firewall or Indeed mios servers both units would have the same problem?

John

they should… unless for some reason one unit is being blocked and not the others or they could be using different DNSs. Are both your veras using DHCP? Does your plus have the correct gateway? It sounds like your vera is somehow not reaching the internet. Do you see the weather logo on the top right?

Both units on same network and dns, actually the new one may be using the DHCP, I set my original to static. Should work either way but I could try it.

During the crash… I see the weather logo and time ticking but any real updates won’t work so no Zwave commands no ip camera update etc.

It’s probably worth a try. And I’d check the DNS settings are the same in that case as well.

C

I am having similar issues every so often since latest FW upgrade. The vera will hang when clicking on Apps. It is NOT a DNS or DHCP issue in my case. If I ssh in to the vera and restart the lighthttp process, the problem immediately resolves and it works until at some point hangs again later. It may be somewhat related to app server performance, however the system recovers within a couple of seconds as soon as I restart the process.

Now half of my devices have simply disappeared after adding them yesterday, coincided with adding some sockets.

Hi,

I’m also seeing a performance issue with bring up a install menu option. This is on a hardwired veraplus, using dhcp.

Thanks
Tony

I’ve been on firmware 1.7.4453 and everything has been fine for months, suddenly last night when I clicked on Install Apps and tried to search the unit would freeze then reboot!

This morning everything seems okay again!!!

I’m experiencing this issue on my Vera plus also

Same problem occurred last night, and this morning all my devices have gone!!

Is this a coincidence that they have released the Google Home App that forces itself onto the device, even when you uninstall it, it reappears!

I’ve had no issues until that appeared!

:rage::rage::rage:

See my post there… A number of us are opposing this behavior and it is possible that the autoplugin download overloaded your storage space and corrupted your data.

https://community.getvera.com/t/dont-bundle-apps-plugins/209945/41?u=rafale77

I recommend trying to recover by restoring from a backup and then the solutions in the linked thread.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply, weird thing is I can access everything normally browsing the Vera’s IP address, if I use the home.getvera route no devices!

I’ve raised a ticket with support :crossed_fingers:

Good move on contacting Support. Your description seems to be an Remote access server problem rather than a local firmware problem.

Everything is back up and running apart from one laptop with Google Chrome Version 77.0.3865.90, that won’t display devices at all in the Vera Web UI, I’ve cleared everything cache wise, logged out of my google account but still no joy.

It works perfectly fine in Edge and Google Chrome Canary. I can live without it, and I’m sure its a Chrome issue. :unamused: