New X10 CM11 controller plugin

So this is an old thread, but probably is worth mentioning. These notes are more for geeks…

I am using the X10 CM11 controller plugin, using the manual installation (I assume this would apply to the App store installation too).
Like other people in the forum, I was not able to see the CM11 device in the UI (in order to configure variables). Rather than install AltUI, you can use LuuP HTTP Requests to manually configure devices.

First lookup the “device id” for the CM11 device. You can do this using the following URL in a web browser:

http://[VERA_LOCAL_IP_ADDRESS]:3480/data_request?id=status&output_format=xml

You are looking for something like this:

<device id="5" PendingJobs="0" status="-1">
        <states>
           <state id="204" service="urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:CM11" variable="Incoming_CM11_buffer" value=""/>

In this example, the device id is the number 5.

Now, you can configure the variables by using this URL in your browser:

http://[VERA_LOCAL_IP_ADDRESS]:3480/data_request?id=variableset&DeviceNum={{ID}}&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:CM11&Variable=MotionSensors&Value=A1,A2,A3

Just installed the X10 CM11 plugin from the App Store. I can confirm the CM11 Device Settings are not visible in the Device Menu or accessible from from the Vera standard UI. You do indeed need to install the AltUI app to configure the CM11 device (bizzare I know). Surprisingly enough the CM11 device shows up on the Apple Ios app.

The first thing I did after installing the AltUI was to get rid of that annoying “Can’t detect device” message. I did this in AltUI by clicking on the Device tab, selecting the CM11 device and clicking on the downward facing arrow in top right hand corner which shows a drop down menu. Click on Variables and in the third line down CommFailure change the number from 1 to 0. Save the change and reboot the Vera device and that annoying message is gone.

I now have all my X10 devices configured and working correctly and so far no problems to report. If you are having trouble setting up your X10 just post here and hopefully I can help you.

As of today, 11th October 2019 for me the easiest way to set up X10 on Vera is to install it from the App Store and follow serial port configuration as above.