Newbie: switch a power plug

Dear colleagues,
as a beginner with Vera Plus I am learning with simple devices.
I added a Fibaro wall plug and a NODON wall switch with 4 buttons.

Then my journey gets in foggy areas… :wink:

1. do I need to use scenes even for simple tasks? Or is there a way to “directly” connect a button with the plug?

I dont know, so I tried my luck with 2 scenes.

• Scene A: button 1 switches the plug on,
  • Scene B: another button (2) switches off.
    It works but it seems not really nice.
  1. Is it possible to do it simpler or better, use only 1 button for on and off? But I did not find a toggle command for the plug.
  2. if there is really no toggle command, then I would have to use the current state… e.g.
  • Scene A: Button 1 pressed AND current state is off then set plug on
  • Scene B: Button 1 pressed AND current plug state is on, then set into off state
    But I dont see how to do this. :frowning:

Is it correct, if there is a AND operator it would be neccessary to use Reactor?

Thank you in advance.
Regards, Thomas

You have answered your question. Reactor can look for the button and then turn the plug on if it is off and off if it is on. Watch the videos and you will be well on your way.

You may find another @rigpapa plug-in, Switchboard, useful for creating virtual switch types. Combine Switchboard with Reactor and you’ll be able to do whatever you require.

In fact, many devices do have a toggle command.

The serviceId is urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HaDevice1 and the action name ToggleState as documented here:

http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Luup_UPnP_Variables_and_Actions#HaDevice1

Thank you very much to show me the direction, Thomas

Thank you, this will be my next level. :wink:
Thomas

Thank you for your help. I am not sure how this helps me at the moment. But it seems I have to learn some of the zwave internals too.

This old post, for example, shows you a single line of Lua code that can be used in a scene’s Lua page to toggle a switch.