Newbie to this plugin - Stuck

I got the plug in installed, and it can see my iPhone, all looks fine.

Is it possible to set a trigger at specific long / Lat’s for an alert or trigger? So, can it tell vera to let me know when I, 1) left the office, 2) am 2 miles from home, and 3) pulling in the driveway?

I tried installing multiple instances, to set 3 home values so when my phone hoits that location it will announce on our home stereo, but that seems much too much to have to install multiple plugins for the same device, and then I hit on it not being easy to rename the device, like iphone_office_iPhone midway, etc.

Thanks for any help in getting started!

[quote=“MrAutomate, post:1, topic:186932”]I got the plug in installed, and it can see my iPhone, all looks fine.

Is it possible to set a trigger at specific long / Lat’s for an alert or trigger? So, can it tell vera to let me know when I, 1) left the office, 2) am 2 miles from home, and 3) pulling in the driveway?

I tried installing multiple instances, to set 3 home values so when my phone hoits that location it will announce on our home stereo, but that seems much too much to have to install multiple plugins for the same device, and then I hit on it not being easy to rename the device, like iphone_office_iPhone midway, etc.

Thanks for any help in getting started![/quote]

you are right, for now the rule is one device = one home base location ( whether that is home or something else ). from there you can trigger based on present ( or absent ) status , or going above or below a certain distance from the home. but there is no possibility to have multiple “home” point defined for the same device. the reason is that would be quite complex to calculate an appropriate polling period or to define proper distance triggers…, ( also one root device can do the polling for all the children devices ( each children being a different iDevice defined in the iCloud account if you are in this situation ) making it even more complex )

amg0 - Thanks for the information, so it appears I can only have one of the same device name, so iPhone can be installed only once, I tried changing the name in settings tab, but things got weird, and started listing multiple messages on the device page, something like -60s / - 60 s, etc, etc, and it kept growing.
What am I doing wrong ? How do I install the plugin multiple times for the same iPhone?

Thanks for the help ;D

[quote=“MrAutomate, post:3, topic:186932”]amg0 - Thanks for the information, so it appears I can only have one of the same device name, so iPhone can be installed only once, I tried changing the name in settings tab, but things got weird, and started listing multiple messages on the device page, something like -60s / - 60 s, etc, etc, and it kept growing.
What am I doing wrong ? How do I install the plugin multiple times for the same iPhone?

Thanks for the help ;D[/quote]

I run 2 devices with same iPhone/iCloud and different home base location on UI5. ( not tried on UI7 ).

to create multiple device you go to My Apps, select the IPhoneLocator App, and find the Create Another button which will create another instance of the same plugin. then reload LUUP, refrews browser, open the second instance, configure properly the parameters , save again, reload Luup again, refresh browser cache again and it should be ok

if not , can you please check:
a) you are running v2.3
b) you have properly set up the device settings, including a Home Base Lat & Lon
c) enabled Luup restart to happen and Browser refresh

if this still does not work, we would need the LOGs, best in DEBUG mode. cf FAQ msg on this sub forum for asssitance in getting the logs

Hope this helps

How can you trigger a scene when al iphones has left home? The iphones are on different icloud accounts.

You create a scene with a trigger for each ( 2 triggers for a scene in Vera essentially means a logical OR, then in the trigger Lua code , or in the action Lua code you check the status of the Present variable of both devices.

So in the end, as soon as one goes away, the scene is triggered but only executed if both are away.

Another alternative is to use house mode on ui7 as iPhone controller can control house modes. And trigger a scene using the mode plugin as soon as the mode becomes away for instance.
Hope this gives you some idea. I personally use both techniques. I for instance points all my camera to the ceiling when one phone out of two is in , and point camera inside the house when both phones are out.