No longer test code.

Having some issues with my VeraPlus. Trying to run test code to figure out what exactly is going on and I can’t even get the test code to run. I don’t know if it’s a coincidence, but I had support in my system yesterday due to an issue reporting temperature on my unit and the issues I had started approximately 5pm last night. The exact issues I’m having have to do with my Dark Sky function I use to update my self created devices is no longer updating. I can’t even run this in my test code box:

local strEmailSubject = "Test"

I keep getting a “Failed to test code, please try again”. I’m on firmware version 1.7.3831. Unfortunately I’m also remote so I can’t see the lights on the unit. Any suggestions?

Tried using AltUi’s code tester and I get a failed (no handler) response. Tried to use the “reboot” function on AltUI and it failed, but I think that’s a known issue. I guess I’ll wait and try to contact support.

same issue, i just want to rename the SSID as per support commands:

In order to change the 2.4 and 5 Ghz SSIDs you can go to Apps → Develop Apps → TEst Luup code and run the following code:

os.execute(“uci set wireless.@wifi-iface[0].ssid=24GSSID && uci commit”)
os.execute(“uci set wireless.@wifi-iface[1].ssid=5GSSID && uci commit”)
os.execute(“/etc/init.d/network restart”)

but i always get the “Failed to test code, please try again”

and i remember few months ago, i used the same identical commands successfully… so…

VERA SUPPORT…how do i change SSID and passwork if TEST LUUP does NOT work?

Thank you,
Flavio

Flavio, I have checked your test code and for me it works fine, no problems. I’ am on 1.7.3831.

Hi Ranneman,
Happy new year and Thank you for the test, I am running version 1.7.4001… and unfortunately… it is not working … :frowning:
i even tried simply and only “return true” as per this post:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=29453.0

NOPE… same bad not working outcome! :frowning: :open_mouth:

… probably a suggestion … do not upgrade the firmare…for now! :stuck_out_tongue:

In the same boat here. I keep getting “Failed to test code, please try again” no matter how simple a Luup expression I type into my Vera Plus (running 7.0.31 f/w).

For example, when attempting to rename a device:

luup.attr_set(“id”,220,95)

Same if I try an os.execute() or whatever. Any clues why this lockout happens??

"""""" vs. “” is your problem

try

luup.attr_set("id",220,95)

1 Like

OMG, how do I keep getting tricked by that?!?!?

Ugh. Thanks. I’m an ID10T.