Node-Red & Vera (MIOS)

help info for hass node, not switch.

post how the switch is configured

the switch is configured as I showed in the post above

Help:

Sends a request to home assistant for any domain and service available ( light/turn_on , input_select/select_option , etc…)

Configuration

Domain requiredstring

Service domain to call

Service requiredstring

Service service to call

Entity Idstring

A comma-delimited list of entity ids.

NOTICE

If entity_id exists in the data property it will have precedence over this value.

DataJSON

JSON object to pass along.

Merge Contextstring

If defined will attempt to merge the global and flow context variable into the config

Alternative Template Tagsboolean

Will change the tags used for mustache template to <% and %>

Output Locationstring

• Default: None

Customizable location for the output of the node.

Input

All properties need to be under msg.payload .

Merging

If the incoming message has a payload property with domain , service set it will override any config values if set.

If the incoming message has a payload.data that is an object or parsable into an object these properties will be merged with any config values set.

If the node has a property value in its config for Merge Context then the flow and global contexts will be checked for this property which should be an object that will also be merged into the data payload.

Merge Resolution

As seen above the data property has a lot going on in the way of data merging, in the end, all of these are optional and the rightmost will win if a property exists in multiple objects

Config Data, Global Data, Flow Data, Payload Data ( payload data property always wins if provided

domainstring

Service domain to call

servicestring

Service service to call

dataObject

Service data to send with API call

Output

All properties will be under what is defined in Output Location in the config.

domainstring

Service domain service was called with

servicestring

Service service was called with

dataObject

Service data used in a call, if one was used

Example of output:
{
  "domain": "light",
  "service": "turn_on",
  "data": {
    "entity_id": "light.kitchen"
  }
}

you need to select is true next to == up and down arrows

1 Like

WAO! thank you so much!
Sorry to be so ignorant, but I just started using node red…
Thanks again for your patience!

Would there be any chance an update could happen with the MIOS Node Red to allow the device nodes to have an “input” as well as “output”? In this screenshot the following devices are on Hubitat (Except Master Bath Motion) connected to Node Red.

“Master Bath Motion” is a Vera/Mios Node Red node device, as you can see I’m unable to include the device into the sequence like I can with the Hubitat Nodes.

Hi

Is it possible to have node red monitor for when a Vera scene is run ?

Thanks

1 Like

I use the http in node, just send a http request using Lua in scene trigger.

Indeed that was my plan B.

You should make it plan A, as it offers a response if needed .
Edit- Also i dont think the mios node listens for scenes.

1 Like

Great example, could your export the flow from your Node Red instance and share it here - to help others ?

1 Like

56 posts were merged into an existing topic: Using Node-Red for Google Home TTS announcements and other stuff eWeLink

Hi,

I have added Vera (MIOS) palette to Node Red, but I am unable to get connected to my Vera (I have local access enabled). I have error: Flows stopped due to missing node types - server. I have entered my LAN IP of Vera and port left as it is: 3480. Any help?

I’ve just checked my Node-Red and my MIOS nodes are still connected to my Vera Plus OK.

That’s all you have to specify the Vera’s IP and 3480 port number.

Double check the device running Node-Red can ping the Vera unit ?

OK, now it is connected. But I want for example get the humidity value from humidity sensor in bathroom. When I specify Room:Sensor:Variable in Item of Mios-In node, nothing happens… How can I get the value from Vera sensor?

This would be a question for our resident Node-Red and Coding Expert user @ElCid

However he has been booted off the forum and banned like some other long standing forum members.

I only use Node-Red with the MIOS nodes for basic things like monitoring the status of some virtual switches I have in Vera.

Here is one example of a switch. Its current status is “true” which means the virtual switch is turned on.

You need to change the “item” to suit the device and value you are trying to obtain.

You can also use the debug in Node-Red to see values like you can see in this screen shot, in the right hand side pane.

1 Like

Thanks, already works like a charm.

Had been able to move all my PLEGs to NR, I basically use Vera only as a Z-Wave gateway to my Z-Wave devices now. Everything moved to RPi 4 via NR or Homebridge and to HK, uninstalled most of the plugins on my Vera (free memory rocketed to sky levels:-).

It is mayby sad (5 year with Vera without any major flaw), but current state with Ezlo/Vera development made my decision to become platform independed and go with RPi Homebridge/NodeRed or native HomeKit way…

I’ve just moved all my Pleg’s to the new Multi System Reactor running on a Pi. I think that is much easier to use than Node Red for logic rules.

But I don’t know Node Red much, I’ve used it a bit for some things, manly for sending announcements from Vera to my Google Home speakers and also for some Tuya / Ewelink device integration, which to be honest I found to be unreliable.

1 Like

I’ve been trying the different plugins for X10 control. I have used the mochad plugin and that works very well, you just need to have another server to run mochad on.

i wonder how to resolve the issue.. .