Not a Refrigerator or Garage Door

Earlier this evening I was changing how my “Alexa, Turn Off Alexas” routine works on the creepy eavesdropping robots we have scattered throughout the house. This entailed switching from a non-reliable Echo smart home group to a (generally) more reliable Vera Virtual Switch. This VirtualSwitch maps to some scenes (turn on/off Alexas) which in turn map to the various Z-Wave remote outlets I have our creepy eavesdropping robots plugged into. The hope was that I could use the VirtualSwitch on various apps and incantations and the “Alexa Off” scene via the echos.

Except the Vera/Alexa portal insists that one (but only one) of the “Zooz Smart Plugs” which I have an Echo plugged into is a Garage Door or Refrigerator. So it won’t let me associate the scene with the Echos. Oddly enough, it does’t seem to consider the Aeotech switch itself as a prohibited device. For what it’s worth, the miscategorized device is showing up as a “HKZW-SO0X” which, while not an Zooz plug, is also not a Refrigerator or Garage Door.

I’ve tried removing/re-adding and no joy. What’s the next step? Support ticket and wait for a fix? A stiff drink and tears?

just change the device category and subcategory (under advanced). here’s the list:
http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Luup_Device_Categories

[quote=“otakup0pe, post:1, topic:200405”]Earlier this evening I was changing how my “Alexa, Turn Off Alexas” routine works on the creepy eavesdropping robots we have scattered throughout the house. This entailed switching from a non-reliable Echo smart home group to a (generally) more reliable Vera Virtual Switch. This VirtualSwitch maps to some scenes (turn on/off Alexas) which in turn map to the various Z-Wave remote outlets I have our creepy eavesdropping robots plugged into. The hope was that I could use the VirtualSwitch on various apps and incantations and the “Alexa Off” scene via the echos.

Except the Vera/Alexa portal insists that one (but only one) of the “Zooz Smart Plugs” which I have an Echo plugged into is a Garage Door or Refrigerator. So it won’t let me associate the scene with the Echos. Oddly enough, it does’t seem to consider the Aeotech switch itself as a prohibited device. For what it’s worth, the miscategorized device is showing up as a “HKZW-SO0X” which, while not an Zooz plug, is also not a Refrigerator or Garage Door.

I’ve tried removing/re-adding and no joy. What’s the next step? Support ticket and wait for a fix? A stiff drink and tears?[/quote]

HAL, turn off Alexa.

“Sorry, I cannot do that, Dave.”

[quote=“Don Phillips, post:3, topic:200405”]HAL, turn off Alexa.

“Sorry, I cannot do that, Dave.”[/quote]

Alexa, open the pod bay doors

Still cracks me up :smiley:

C

[quote=“therealdb, post:2, topic:200405”]just change the device category and subcategory (under advanced). here’s the list:
http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Luup_Device_Categories[/quote]

Thanks for the reminder! Hopefully the powers that be fix this for others tho. Or maybe I’m the only one in this ecosystem who has stumbled across this behavior…

How to identify lights as lights and other appliances as something else?

I have played with Category and subcategory, but I am still very confused.

I have several appliances (not lights) controlled by Fibaro switches showing as a bulb which is grey when OFF and Yellow when ON. Natively they are created as Category 3 Subcategory 2
If I change these to Category 3 Subcategory 8 (relay) they still show up as a bulb - the difference being that this bulb is grey both when ON and OFF.
They continue to be turned on or off with the ALL Lights option on the dashboard, and this is the main problem. I do not want drainage pumps or electric floor heating to be accidentially turned on or off with the lights.

Is this in the App or the web interface?

C

Ui is fundamentally broken. I reported it several times. Just go ahead, it will be OK regardless of the icons.