"Not Configured" & 60s / 60s / 60s

I have used this plugin before without issue. However, I have setup a new Vera Edge and i cant seem to get it working correctly. The Phone is setup, the apple creds are fine, i picked the device from the list but it just doesnt seem to work correctly. While I am not seeing any errors, i get the following

1. It used to display the approx address of the device. Now I just see : / 60s / 60s / 60s / 60s / 60 s / 60
  2. The Device name reads Not Configured. If i change that, it changes back
  3. the Away switch never seems to change (even when the phone goes out of range).

I poked around the forums for an answer but didnt seem to find any.

You are running the latest version: 1.7.1598
IPhone Detector Plugin Current Version:2.32

So i removed the iPhone Name that it pulled from the account list and used a pattern of .*

Poof, its all working now. Interesting how it detects the device allows me to add it, but then wouldn’t recognize it. could it be the - in the device name? its the only special char.

yes I think that is the issue. that name box is a pattern matching and ? is a special character for pattern matching so maybe it could have worked by escaping it, but .* is a valid workaround

after a lot of searching i found this thread. hopefully you can help me. I’m trying to use the iphone locater app for 2 iphones with different icloud accounts. for one of them it is giving me the device name from the icloud info. for the other one it doesnt. when i manually fill it in it keeps reverting back to “not configured”
all the config on the two devices is exactly the same, do you have any idea to correct this?

thanks

[quote=“jur, post:4, topic:190003”]after a lot of searching i found this thread. hopefully you can help me. I’m trying to use the iphone locater app for 2 iphones with different icloud accounts. for one of them it is giving me the device name from the icloud info. for the other one it doesnt. when i manually fill it in it keeps reverting back to “not configured”
all the config on the two devices is exactly the same, do you have any idea to correct this?

thanks[/quote]

sounds like a iCloud credential issue. you can go to https://www.icloud.com/ , for each of your account and very the user / password and actual device names there ( in settings screens iCloud)
if you are sure all is correct, check if the name or pwd includes some special characters that could be source of problem.
If all of that fails, enable DEBUG and capture the logs so we check what happens , send me the log by private message
thx

Thanks for your info, I have checked what you have asked. everything seems to be in order. the only actual problem is that the name of the Iphone does not show up. also the () does not show up. If i change the device in the left box to another device in the same icloud, then that name DOES show up with () in front of it.

Also, under Variables next to IPhoneName it does state the right name between ^ and $. behind MapUrl it does not it says Google Maps

It seems to be related to the specific iphone. I even changed the name of it and took it out of icloud and put it back in again. Still the same result. Also checked all the settings in both iphones again, all the settings are identical.

I could pm you the logs but i dont know how to produce them. is it difficult or can you tell me what to do?

Thanks al lot again!

[quote=“jur, post:6, topic:190003”]Thanks for your info, I have checked what you have asked. everything seems to be in order. the only actual problem is that the name of the Iphone does not show up. also the () does not show up. If i change the device in the left box to another device in the same icloud, then that name DOES show up with () in front of it.

Also, under Variables next to IPhoneName it does state the right name between ^ and $. behind MapUrl it does not it says Google Maps

It seems to be related to the specific iphone. I even changed the name of it and took it out of icloud and put it back in again. Still the same result. Also checked all the settings in both iphones again, all the settings are identical.

I could pm you the logs but i dont know how to produce them. is it difficult or can you tell me what to do?

Thanks al lot again![/quote]
It is explained in the faq post in this subforum

I looked it up, and was able to get logs for both iphones. because i could compare i found the the iphone giving the problem had an extra space behind the name!! this does not really show up anywhere so its quite difficult to find.
Thanks to your help i was able to find it, and when i corrected it on the iphone it all worked.

As it is a hard mistake(mine…) to spot, i thought you would like to know about it
1 problem (of many with vera plus UI7) solved.

[quote=“jur, post:8, topic:190003”]I looked it up, and was able to get logs for both iphones. because i could compare i found the the iphone giving the problem had an extra space behind the name!! this does not really show up anywhere so its quite difficult to find.
Thanks to your help i was able to find it, and when i corrected it on the iphone it all worked.

As it is a hard mistake(mine…) to spot, i thought you would like to know about it
1 problem (of many with vera plus UI7) solved.[/quote]
Glad it helped. I ll see if I can find a way to ease detecting this problem