Notification gone berserk!

Since midday yesterday, the notification system has developed a mind of its own. It started sending me text messages in addition to Apple push notifications. When I checked my account setting, the text message checkbox was checked, which I did not do. I reset it and everything was fine.

About 25 minutes ago, the system started sending the same notification, over and over. Actual notifications are delayed, sometime by many minutes.

Anybody else seeing odd notification behavior? I’m USA west coast.

Very definitely, yes, although I attributed the issue to my beta testing of the Ezlo Plus, and had not considered it a system-wide problem.

Then again, yesterday I experienced a short period (later evening, Central Trime Zone) during which Vera would not respond to any requests, and the app would not fully log in.

To answer your question more directly, the delayed/multiple notifications I received arrived in my email in-box a full 12-14 hours after the sending Scene was activated. And it appears instead of one copy, I got three. (The messages themselves are so generic that I cannot tell if multiple instances of the Scene ran, or duplication of a single notice occurred.)

2 Likes

Seems to have cleared itself up. Notifications have been normal since early evening yesterday.

I’m asking around and will keep you posted.

1 Like

Delayed and duplicate notifications seem to be back. I had quite few over the last couple of days.

We may have had one of our cloud systems offline for e few minutes (inadvertently) and until it came back, users on that server may encountered this behavior.

Nothing widespread.

Thanks! I’ll keep an eye on notifications for the next few days in case the problem recurs.

I’ve been having the same issue too, and last night was getting delayed and repeat push notifs

It’s early in the morning here (US PDT) and things look OK. I’ll see what happens as the day unfolds.