One Reactor sensor: several actions

How to make the following possible?

Using 1 Reactor Sensor!

1 virtual switch V1
1 central dependancy C1
3 different ligths (or something else) L1,L2, L3

I want to switchs on the ligths on different days on different times AND V1 AND C1 must be true

Schedule example:
mo,we,fr between 1900-1915: L1 on
th,tu,sa 1930-1940: L2 on
su,sa 1915-1930: L3 on

This can be done by creatig 3 Reactor Senors, but that will make it complex in the future, as are 3 lights now, but that will be more. So how can this be done in 1 RS?

Everything you can do in a ReactorSensor as a device can be done within a ReactorSensor as a group. Instead of having three ReactorSensors, have three groups in one ReactorSensor.

1 Like

Ok, was thinking of that too. But how to use the groups then? And, or?

Gould you give an example please?

Should I repeat the virtual switch? Or can it be included just once?

Each group contains the conditions you would have otherwise put into separate ReactorSensors. Give them more sensible names.

On the “Activities” tab, each group will have “is TRUE” and “is FALSE” activities, so you can run whatever actions you need to. Each group’s list of actions is separate.

The “root” group (here labeled “Do a Lot of Things” is set to NUL because it’s just a container for the other three groups and does not contribute to their logic (and we don’t want it in the way, either).

1 Like

Thank you very much. Will play with that.

1 Like

Thanks again. Needed this for my ligths in the garden, as they go on and of at different times.

One last question here. I was trying to make the virtual switch global, but I guess, because of th NULL that is not possible. You have to use it in every group again?

We can’t really answer without more context. In the Tools tab in the Troubleshooting section is a link for Logic Summary. Please click that, read the instructions for posting the summary, and then post it here. An explanation of what each logic group is intended to do, and your overall goal, is also necessary.