One switch for all

Hello Patrick,

I’ve a question, I’ve tried it with your great Reactor but couldn’t get it to work, is it possible with reactor to make one switch/button to put on/off all the lights in my house and/ or in case of shutters to get them all together up/down?

Thanks

Yes, it’s possible.

:+1:t4: Please give me some guidance…:pray:t4:

I’m using a 2-button scene controller (GoControl WA00Z-1) to accomplish something similar just using Vera’s simple built-in scene creator – button 1 turns all lights on and button 2 turns all lights off. If you’re determined to make a single button function as a all-on/all-off toggle using Reactor, then one of the decisions you’ll need to make is how the system should handle things if the button is pressed while some but not all the lights are already on. That decision would then guide the Reactor logic.

1 Like

Absolutely! Post Logic Summaries of what you’ve tried and explain how those efforts haven’t addressed your needs, and I can help you sort out how you might arrive at a solution that does.

Hi Patrick,

I’ve used the switchboard plugin in combination with reactor and got it working now.
I would rather have a virtual up/down switch but iT is what it is…

Thanks!

1 Like

Do you mean you want your ReactorSensor to be its own switch? Like, so you don’t need a separate virtual switch?

That was my goal, but I don’t know how…

ReactorSensors aren’t switches, so that’s probably why you weren’t making the ends connect. Using a virtual switch as an input is the right way to go about it.