Onkyo Receiver Plugin

But garret to get them recognised in authomationhd :wink:

Looking at the code, looks like the service for setting the volume level needs to be changed to the appropriate service:

ServiceId: urn:upnp-org:serviceId:RenderingControl
Action: SetVolume
Variable: DesiredVolume

• Garrett

I too noticed the plug-in does not work in the App. It causes the App to crash. It works fine on my computer though. I’m using an Onkyo TX-8050 network receiver. I like the app and am looking forward to future advancements. Let me know if I can be of assistance with testing

Hi Jullio,

Thank you very much for the plugin! I have Onkyo TX-NR579. And now i can control some functions my receiver.
But sume functions doesn’t work. I try to use macro: select NET - > Favorite - > [Step]. Receiver switches to Favorite but occurs further nothing.
In the menu of a plug-in it would be good to organize buttons: left right down up as on remote control. Now a can’t select station from menu.

Oleg.

[quote=“garrettwp, post:20, topic:178032”]3rd party plugins would require the developers of the 3rd party apps to support them.

• Garrett[/quote]

I could understand that being the case for AutHomation but, I thought Vera Mobile was developed for micasaverde. Is that also considered 3rd party? Well anyway, hope that can be addressed soon. One of the reasons I purchased my Vera was the ability to control via my smartphone. By the way, I prefer the look and feel of AutHomation.

[quote=“garrettwp, post:22, topic:178032”]Looking at the code, looks like the service for setting the volume level needs to be changed to the appropriate service:

• Garrett[/quote]

So if I change the volume serviceId to RenderingControll will the Onkyo receiver work in the AutHomationHD app of yours? Also is there anything else I could do to give more functionality in the AutHomationHD App. Big fan of it.

[quote=“AlekSh, post:24, topic:178032”]Hi Jullio,

Thank you very much for the plugin! I have Onkyo TX-NR579. And now i can control some functions my receiver.
But sume functions doesn’t work. I try to use macro: select NET - > Favorite - > [Step]. Receiver switches to Favorite but occurs further nothing.
In the menu of a plug-in it would be good to organize buttons: left right down up as on remote control. Now a can’t select station from menu.

Oleg.[/quote]

The macro is an experimental function of the plugin. I am still testing it, but I wanted others to try it. You need to add a number in the macro steps field for it to select your station. 0 would be the first station in the list. 1 for the second station in the list and so on. I am using the macro function to play a sound of a dog and siren if my security system is tripped while armed by setting up a scene to play macro1. If you have any questions and feel the instructions need more information please let me know.

[quote=“allyburns, post:18, topic:178032”]Hi Jullio,

Thank you very much for the plugin it’s working great for me :slight_smile:

I would be keen to have the TV on/off option.

If you want someone to test let me know sure.

Thanks

Ally[/quote]

I will be adding the TV ON and Off buttons to this next release. If people can test this and get it working then I could make the TV a child device and you can control your tv separate from the receiver device in UI5. I just need community help on this for testing. Watch for this feature in the next release.

[quote=“kendad, post:25, topic:178032”][quote=“garrettwp, post:20, topic:178032”]3rd party plugins would require the developers of the 3rd party apps to support them.

• Garrett[/quote]

I could understand that being the case for AutHomation but, I thought Vera Mobile was developed for micasaverde. Is that also considered 3rd party? Well anyway, hope that can be addressed soon. One of the reasons I purchased my Vera was the ability to control via my smartphone. By the way, I prefer the look and feel of AutHomation.[/quote]

It would still require them to add support for the plugin. Most of the apps require that the developer add support for the plugin unless they mimic exactly how MCV does with their web interface which I believe Automator.app does. HomeWave allows you to build your controls based on the service id’s, but for apps that depend on the device type and already have the interface built for the device / plugin requires them to add support for those plugins.

• Garrett

[quote=“jullio, post:26, topic:178032”][quote=“garrettwp, post:22, topic:178032”]Looking at the code, looks like the service for setting the volume level needs to be changed to the appropriate service:

• Garrett[/quote]

So if I change the volume serviceId to RenderingControll will the Onkyo receiver work in the AutHomationHD app of yours? Also is there anything else I could do to give more functionality in the AutHomationHD App. Big fan of it.[/quote]

Only if you are using the custom intent portion of the app like the home screen shortcuts or via tasker. I would still need to add full support of the plugin. However, by using the standard service types, it will make adding support easier and I will not have to create new code to support the custom service id’s if I do not have to. That is why it is strongly encourage for plugin developers to use the standard services when ever possible for other developers to integrate it easily into their apps and to keep things clean and simple on the Vera end.

• Garrett

Hi Julio,

I got my Veralite for xmas and have just started playing around with it. I got the TX-NR616 and I have installed your plugin. I have just filled in the correct IP in the config. I have a few questions:

1. I am able to switch the onkyo off, using your plugin and authomationhd, I have also set up a scene to switch it on, but nothing happens when this is actiavted. Any idea why?

2. I know the macro-bit is in beta, but I still wonder why I dont see my other inputs in the list (like cable or tv etc) I can only see Net, USB, XM etc. It would be nice to have a macro to switch to the hdmi that hosts the xbox etc.

Kind Regards
Tommy
Norway

Hi tommylad. You have to enable the “always” on in the onkyo. Probably you have the wireless adapter? You will have to set up the onkyo that it is in network standby mode. I do not remember the name correctly. But it is not a vera or app issue.

You are absolutely right. :slight_smile: After updating firmware inn my Onkyo that setting had been changed. Okay now. How about my question regarding macros?

[quote=“garrettwp, post:30, topic:178032”][quote=“jullio, post:26, topic:178032”][quote=“garrettwp, post:22, topic:178032”]Looking at the code, looks like the service for setting the volume level needs to be changed to the appropriate service:

• Garrett[/quote]

So if I change the volume serviceId to RenderingControll will the Onkyo receiver work in the AutHomationHD app of yours? Also is there anything else I could do to give more functionality in the AutHomationHD App. Big fan of it.[/quote]

Only if you are using the custom intent portion of the app like the home screen shortcuts or via tasker. I would still need to add full support of the plugin. However, by using the standard service types, it will make adding support easier and I will not have to create new code to support the custom service id’s if I do not have to. That is why it is strongly encourage for plugin developers to use the standard services when ever possible for other developers to integrate it easily into their apps and to keep things clean and simple on the Vera end.

• Garrett[/quote]

Just wondering what standard service type should be used for selecting input sources? I am looking at upnp.org and there is no standard service type for selecting input sources. What upnp service ID’s have you implemented in the AutHomationHD app? Does the device type matter with your app in the Descriptor_xml file?

I rely on device types to figure out what type of view / controls to display for the plugin. I create custom views based on these device types and other 3rd party apps do something similar. I would need to add dedicated code to to support the plugin. By using the standard service types defined by upnp and MCV, it will make things much easier to support. Every plugin needs to have a unique device id / type. Here are service types to look into:

AVTransport: urn:upnp-org:serviceId:AVTransport
MediaNavigation1: urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:MediaNavigation1
RenderingControl: urn:upnp-org:serviceId:RenderingControl
Volume1: urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:Volume1
InputSelection1: urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:InputSelection1

Look at the Sonos, Squeezebox, Russound plugins for examples on how to use these. Sonos and Squeezebox would be the better choices to start with.

For the inputs, you would use InputSelection1, the inputs range from input1 - 10 and some discrete inputs. I currently support Input[1-10].

• Garrett

I am starting to love my VeraLite and even though I still dont own any z-wave devices I now wake up pc’s and switch off Samsung smart TV’s. The Onkyo now also works for om/off.

I have zone2 connected, via audio over cat5, to my daughters room. She has small computer speakers connected. So, I set up a scene powering up zone2,net input and choosing her favourite radio program. That worked
 however I ended up upsetting (understatement) my wife as the main zone also switched to net and the same station
playing
well
LOUD. Anyone know why that happens? Normally, when doing this in the Onkyo app, the main zone remains at its default input (pc) when playing around with zone 2 and 3.

The onkyo receiver plugin was working great until today. Now I am getting Lua startup error and “unable to retrieve power status from onkyo”. Any suggestions on where to look to fix this?

I am pushing an update right now to fix some errors. I would just make sure your ip address is in the advanced tab is right. Your receiver might be turned off or the receiver might have changed ip addresses.

[quote=“garrettwp, post:35, topic:178032”]I rely on device types to figure out what type of view / controls to display for the plugin. I create custom views based on these device types and other 3rd party apps do something similar. I would need to add dedicated code to to support the plugin. By using the standard service types defined by upnp and MCV, it will make things much easier to support. Every plugin needs to have a unique device id / type. Here are service types to look into:

AVTransport: urn:upnp-org:serviceId:AVTransport

Look at the Sonos, Squeezebox, Russound plugins for examples on how to use these. Sonos and Squeezebox would be the better choices to start with.

For the inputs, you would use InputSelection1, the inputs range from input1 - 10 and some discrete inputs. I currently support Input[1-10].

• Garrett[/quote]

Just submitted version 1.3 which adds support for the following service id’s

I haven’t implemented AV transport. Still looking into it. I hope that I can get support within your app. If I have to change the device type I can. Don’t know if that changes anything in your app code.

Looking to change my device type to “urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:receiver:1” so that all receiver apps can be supported by your android app. With the base serviceIDs implemented it should be easier to support all the receiver plugins. I think that would make your coding job easier. I don’t know what you think of that but I hope I am heading in the right direction.

Just tested your app with on/off, volume, and mute control. My beta version 1.3 seems to work. If you could give me any feedback, I would greatly appreciate it.

I’ll have a look at the plugin and add it to my list of plugins to support.

• Garrett