openLuup: Dark Sky (formerly Forecast.io) weather plugin

By the way, the DarkSky plugin is working great! So happy to have this native to the HA environment and not having to pull it in from elsewhere…

[quote=“logread, post:30, topic:194426”]Version 0.4 is now available from the Alt App Store.
Changelog:

• more DarkSky API exposed as device variables[/quote]

Any reason why the parent device doesn’t have a CurrentHumidity variable?

It’s there, it just reads as CurrentLevel. I don’t know why it’s that way but I assume it’s because the child device reads the CurrentLevel variable. It was probably made to conform to MCV’s variable lists…

Just a guess… :slight_smile:

Ah, I see it now. But that’s very inconsistent, given that these:

CurrentCloudCover	
CurrentConditions	
CurrentDewPoint	
CurrentPressure	

…are all there under the Weather1 serviceId.

I do understand that there is a formally-defined UPnP Temperature service, but the Humidity one is MCV home-grown. Seems like it might be more complete to add CurrentTemperature and CurrentHumidity also under the Weather1 service.

Just a thought, but I’m glad it’s there somewhere. Thanks for pointing that out.

[quote=“Mike Yeager, post:43, topic:194426”]It was probably made to conform to MCV’s variable lists…

Just a guess… :)[/quote]
Excellent guess… I indeed followed MCV’s ServiceId and variable name from http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Luup_UPnP_Variables_and_Actions#HumiditySensor1

The other non-MCV variables are all arbitrarily using the Weather1 service id in an effort I made to make this plugin consistent with the original Weather Underground plugin

Happy to consider any better alternative if it makes more sense

Only this…

…but not an issue, since I can now find the variable! (I’m using AltUI’s Data Service Provider functionality along with DataYours to log the data and I didn’t want to go to all the individual child devices to set them all up.)

If you choose to change the variables, please make an announcement so I can change code of mine that looks for it. :slight_smile:

I didn’t mean change anything… just add something.

No problem to have two variables called the same thing if they have different a serviceId.

That works as well…

Has this become anything but a “beta”?

I use it as my main weather plugin these days. Works just fine.

I see it is in the alt library - but I don’t see any documentation.
Is documentation for the alt app library stored elsewhere?

[quote=“Chelseagroup, post:52, topic:194426”]I see it is in the alt library - but I don’t see any documentation.
Is documentation for the alt app library stored elsewhere?[/quote]

There is a Documentation link variable in the plugin once you install it. It points here:

It must be “dead” as an install from the app store does nothing - does not bring up the install “ok” box

Well, that’s odd, because I have just installed it (on Vera - I assume that’s what you’re doing, even though you’re posting in the openLuup thread.)

Attached are two screenshots showing the AltAppStore response and also the Vera devices after it reloaded (it would need a key to work properly as per the documentation.)

Which Vera firmware are you on? I do wonder about the latest ones - they seem very flakey and also had some ‘security’ features which, unless disabled, can stop some things working.

I tried it with a different browser and it DID install this time.
Thanks

Installed Dark Sky plugin on my VeraPlus (firmware 1.7.4001) manually by uploading the 4 plugin files and then created the device.

I then set the required variables to start receiving some data and it seems to be working but I cannot see the advanced tab on the plugins main device (see Pic1).

It is a bit difficult to use the variables when I cannot see them. Anyone know how I can get the advanced page visible for the device?

There is a requirement “Lua libraries ?ssl.https? and ?dkjson? installed” that I’m not sure I have because I don’t have AltUI installed, could this be the reason why I cannot see advanced page?

Any hint would be appreciated.

This is a DarkSky / Vera problem, not an openLuup issue?

Yes Dark Sky / Vera issue, sorry did I post in wrong place?

tried adding the advanced page in to the D_DarkSkyWeather.json file but then the complete device disappeared :smiley: fortunately the device returned when putting back the original file…

Checked from OpenWeather how the .json was implemented but I failed anyway…