openLuup: Honeywell TCC plugin

Is anyone using the Honeywell TCC plugin currently in openLuup? The top post says it is compatible but I can not get it to work. I get it to show in altui but it will not store or save any of the required variables, i.e. username, password, etc. Any help would be appreciated.

@CudaNet and @mikee were looking at this in Jan 2016. Have you seen this thread?

I haven’t looked through it all, and I don’t have the device in question, but there may be an answer there. It was clearly their collaboration which let to it being on this list.

If you have a slightly expanded description of the behaviour (or lack of it) and a log, then I’m more than happy to take a look with my limited knowledge.

If you don’t solve your problem, I’ll split this out into a separate post and we’ll see if anyone else can help.

AK

Thanks for your reply akbooer. I have seen that thread and been though it extensively. I have tried many different plugin files including those posted throughout that thread with no luck. None of the interface buttons work on the plugin, for example, there are a user name and password fields with a login button. Entering user name and password and pressing the button does nothing. I’m not sure how to create a log for this situation.

Ok, two questions:

1. which version of openLuup?
  2. where did you get the plugin?

If you point me in the right direction, so that I get exactly the same plugin version as you, then I will take a quick look at the code.

honeywellTCC.zip (59.7 KB)

VERSION : 2019.02.13

Attached the files, got them from my existing vera.

I found some interesting log entries in the openLuup console. Here is the log when creating the device for the plugin

019-10-22 12:40:34.119 luup.create_device:: [20] D_HoneywellTCC1.xml / I_HoneywellTCC1.xml / D_HoneywellTCC.json (urn:schemas-joeyd-com:device:HoneywellTCC:1)
2019-10-22 12:40:34.121 openLuup.http:: request completed (64 bytes, 1 chunks, 161 ms) tcp{client}: 0x10994d0
2019-10-22 12:40:34.121 openLuup.scheduler:: [20] thermoplease device startup
2019-10-22 12:40:34.132 openLuup.context_switch:: ERROR: ./L_HoneywellTCC.lua:90: module ‘lxp.lom’ not found:
no field package.preload[‘lxp.lom’]
no file ‘./lxp/lom.lua’
no file ‘/usr/local/share/lua/5.1/lxp/lom.lua’
no file ‘/usr/local/share/lua/5.1/lxp/lom/init.lua’
no file ‘/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/lxp/lom.lua’
no file ‘/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/lxp/lom/init.lua’
no file ‘/usr/share/lua/5.1/lxp/lom.lua’
no file ‘/usr/share/lua/5.1/lxp/lom/init.lua’
no file ‘…/cmh-lu/lxp/lom.lua’
no file ‘files/lxp/lom.lua’
no file ‘openLuup/lxp/lom.lua’
no file ‘./lxp/lom.so’
no file ‘/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/lxp/lom.so’
no file ‘/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/lua/5.1/lxp/lom.so’
no file ‘/usr/lib/lua/5.1/lxp/lom.so’
no file ‘/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/loadall.so’
no file ‘./lxp.so’
no file ‘/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/lxp.so’
no file ‘/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/lua/5.1/lxp.so’
no file ‘/usr/lib/lua/5.1/lxp.so’
2019-10-22 12:40:34.132 openLuup.scheduler:: job aborted : ./L_HoneywellTCC.lua:90: module ‘lxp.lom’ not found:
no field package.preload[‘lxp.lom’]
no file ‘./lxp/lom.lua’
no file ‘/usr/local/share/lua/5.1/lxp/lom.lua’
no file ‘/usr/local/share/lua/5.1/lxp/lom/init.lua’
no file ‘/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/lxp/lom.lua’
no file ‘/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/lxp/lom/init.lua’
no file ‘/usr/share/lua/5.1/lxp/lom.lua’
no file ‘/usr/share/lua/5.1/lxp/lom/init.lua’
no file ‘…/cmh-lu/lxp/lom.lua’
no file ‘files/lxp/lom.lua’
no file ‘openLuup/lxp/lom.lua’
no file ‘./lxp/lom.so’
no file ‘/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/lxp/lom.so’
no file ‘/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/lua/5.1/lxp/lom.so’
no file ‘/usr/lib/lua/5.1/lxp/lom.so’
no file ‘./lxp.so’
no file ‘/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/lxp.so’
no file ‘/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/lua/5.1/lxp.so’
no file ‘/usr/lib/lua/5.1/lxp.so’

And here it is when trying to set user anme and password

2019-10-22 13:03:35.327 luup.call_action:: 20.urn:joeyd-com:serviceId:HoneywellTCC1.SetUsernamePassword
2019-10-22 13:03:35.329 openLuup.http:: request completed (72 bytes, 1 chunks, 1 ms) tcp{client}: 0x12fb6d0
2019-10-22 13:03:35.329 openLuup.context_switch:: ERROR: [string “I_HoneywellTCC1.xml”]:42: attempt to index upvalue ‘tcc’ (a nil value)
2019-10-22 13:03:35.329 openLuup.scheduler:: job aborted : [string “I_HoneywellTCC1.xml”]:42: attempt to index upvalue ‘tcc’ (a nil value)

OK, the logs do have some value in diagnosing errors!

Your Lua install does not have a lxp module (it’s a lexical parser.)

Should be easy enough to install. You might guess at lxp for the module name, but I’d have to search for it myself.

Searching this forum shows this…

Yeah I found that post. Working on installing that module. Will keep you posted. Thanks.

Happy to report that installing LuaExpat was the solution. Appears to be working now. Thanks akbooer.

Delighted to hear it!

I installed OpenLuup last week and I am unfamiliar with OpenLuup. I have searched on the internet to install plugins in openluup outside the altapp but can’t find the solution. Maybe you can tell me how to install (step by step) the honneywell plugin to get it working in OpenLuup.

If you did a standard folder install of openLuup. Then you should upload the files for plugins to /etc/cmh-ludl/
then create the device the way you would on vera, using the create button on altui device page.

1 Like

Thanks I wil try it in the weekend