openLuup: How to install plugins

I asked this before but I do not see any plugins in my openLuup install Pi B v2 / Vera UI5

I only show these… D_ALTUI.xml D_Arduino1.xml D_VeraBridge.xml D_ZWaveNetwork.xml

Also have only generic icons.

When I did the -getfiles, it errored on all PLEG .js files. Same on the Vera Alerts plugin. Everything alse copied over.

Also when Altui opened it asked to ok the update which I did. However it never did the update. Still at .994

[quote=“bucko, post:1, topic:190277”]I asked this before but I do not see any plugins in my openLuup install Pi B v2 / Vera UI5

I only show these… D_ALTUI.xml D_Arduino1.xml D_VeraBridge.xml D_ZWaveNetwork.xml[/quote]

…and I’ve answered this before, here :slight_smile: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,35251.msg259989.html#msg259989 saying “I have not implemented the data structures which allow AltUI to fully describe the installed plugins… attached screenshot.”

You also need to explicitly create a plugin device for each plugin.

Also have only generic icons.

The aliases need to be set right and the icons moved from the icons/ directory that getfiles creates to that target directory.

When I did the -getfiles, it errored on all PLEG .js files. Same on the Vera Alerts plugin. Everything alse copied over.

Both of those are encrypted, so won’t currently run. I’m hoping that Richard is looking at this issue right now.

Also when Altui opened it asked to ok the update which I did. However it never did the update. Still at .994

It takes about a minute during which time you should probably leave it alone and let it do its own thing. What does the log show? It’s pretty chatty about this process.

I have openluup running on my Raspberry PI.

But I have one question, how get I plugins installed such as the sonos plugin and datayours
Thats nog clear for me

Exclellent question, and very topical since I see that @bucko has asked the same thing recently. So thank you for starting a new thread on the topic. [Edit: so I actually merged them into one topic]

Plugin devices need to be created explicitly following the example shown in the startup.lua file. You can either do this in that file or run the commands interactively in the Lua Test window. The downside of doing the latter is that you will lose them if you ever need to start from scratch again. My recommendation would be always to have a startup.lua file which can be run to create your current system.

All that’s needed is a one-liner to create the device. Usually it’s enough just to provide a name and the Device xml filename, such as for DataYours

luup.create_device ("", "", "DataYours", "D_DataYours.xml")

At this time your could also configure key device attributes and/or variables. For example Sonos

do -- Sonos
  local sonos = luup.create_device ('', "Sonos", "Sonos", "D_Sonos1.xml")        
  luup.ip_set ("172.16.42.195", sonos)     
end

Does this answer your question?

thx for the fast answer. Nice explanation.

One more question. I download files from the mios site and put them all in the /etc/cmh-ludl

Ah, another good question with a trickier answer, I believe.

My technique has been to copy the plugin files from a Vera with them already installed, using the openLuup_getfiles utility.

An alternative, is to get them from whatever source you can find them, typically either the MiOS Trac repository or GitHub.

Yes, just shovel them all into /etc/cmh-ludl/

Hi akbooer,

I’ve openluup on rpi . To install Datayours do I have to download it from GitHub ? Or do I have to use ALTUI app store ?

Can’t I install it from openluup ?

tnks

donato

Of course, openLuup (best to use the latest version from the development branch) has access to the AltAppStore, without any need for AltUI.

See…

tnks akbooer !! it’s wonderful ,