openLuup: Known working plugins

Added…

Yamaha-RX-HTTP: As found in the “Alternate App Store” works fine.

Added…

@futzle’s plugin is beautifully crafted and quite reliable. It should be working fine, so I suspect something wrong with the way you have set up the triggers and scenes around it.

You did, of course, use AltUI Variable Watch triggers to do this, and not Vera-style UPnP-defined triggers?[/quote]

I did indeed use the AltUI variable watch but I used the wrong trigger. As a trigger I had defined the variable ‘Event’ with the expression (new == ‘1’). However this is not correct. The variable that should be used here is ‘Counting’ with the expression (new == ‘0’).

Now everything works correctly!

I guess the Countdown timer plugin can now be added to the list of compatible plugins for Openluup :wink:

Thanks a lot!

Jacques[/quote]

Been working on this. The way you ended up using it is actually not exactly the way it was meant to be. The problem with watching the “Counting” variable is that your scene will trigger whenever you will reset or cancel or crash the timer. The correct variable to watch is indeed “Event” the problem when I looked into the code of the plugin is that openluup switches this variable too fast unlike the vera and therefore misses the fact that it has changed. I added some code to the plugin to make it work by keeping the “Event” variable triggered for one second.

I created a branch on github so you can download the file from there.

Edit: Added the modified Lua file so you can download from here too

Another which can be added to the list:
The pioneer receiver in this thread has been succesfully ported:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,38860.0.html

The one on the current list did not work for me.

I’m a little curious about this. That almost sounds like an openLuup bug, not a plugin bug? Shouldn’t openLuup be able to see this regardless of how fast it switches? The variable changed, so openLuup should act on it. Or is there more to the story?

I’m not familiar with the insides of this plugin, but I can tell you that if it uses a variable_watch callback, then that WILL be called however quickly the variable changes.

HOWEVER… it is possible for a very rapidly changing variable to change more than once before the callback routine is executed (it is done asynchronously from the variable change in order that user watch code cannot affect the speed of the currently running plugin - certainly a conscious design decision, and possibly different from Vera. I simply don’t know.)

SO… if a callback routines checks the state of a variable, the old/new values may not be those which triggered the original change. It’s possible that this could cause a logic error in a plugin.

Frankly, with the design constraints of Vera, it’s probably not good plan to have rapidly changing variables and expect the system to respond in a timely way.

I have no idea whether any of this actually relates to the issue under discussion.

What IS clearly different is the triggering arrangement: AltUI device variable triggers are not the same as Vera events.

I’m not familiar with the insides of this plugin, but I can tell you that if it uses a variable_watch callback, then that WILL be called however quickly the variable changes.

HOWEVER… it is possible for a very rapidly changing variable to change more than once before the callback routine is executed (it is done asynchronously from the variable change in order that user watch code cannot affect the speed of the currently running plugin - certainly a conscious design decision, and possibly different from Vera. I simply don’t know.)

SO… if a callback routines checks the state of a variable, the old/new values may not be those which triggered the original change. It’s possible that this could cause a logic error in a plugin.

Frankly, with the design constraints of Vera, it’s probably not good plan to have rapidly changing variables and expect the system to respond in a timely way.

I have no idea whether any of this actually relates to the issue under discussion.

What IS clearly different is the triggering arrangement: AltUI device variable triggers are not the same as Vera events.[/quote]

akbooer is 100% correct. I actually tested this. The lua in the plugin calls for a change of state of the Event variable when the timer completes. I am guessing that the UI then has a variable watch which then triggers the scene. What I saw in the code is that the variable changes back and forth without delay which then goes undetected. I added a delay before changing the variable back which fixed the problem.

I didn’t see the MiLightRGBW by RexBeckett listed so I tried it.

The plugin seems to be working fine (I’m still using the old V3 wifi bridge)

The device page does not have an on/off switch or a dim slider, but those functions are all in the control panel if you click on the device icon.

Chris

Added…

[quote=“ChrisTheC, post:60, topic:191659”]I didn’t see the MiLightRGBW by RexBeckett listed so I tried it.

The plugin seems to be working fine (I’m still using the old V3 wifi bridge)

The device page does not have an on/off switch or a dim slider, but those functions are all in the control panel if you click on the device icon.

Chris[/quote]

I have modified the Plantlink plugin to make it work on Openluup.
It can be found here:

Happy to add this to the list.
What did you need to change to make it work?

[quote=“akbooer, post:63, topic:191659”]Happy to add this to the list.
What did you need to change to make it work?[/quote]

I streamlined the code a lot.

1. Removed the UI_check to save some cpu clock, changed some syntax, in particular: strange html operators in the implementation xml which I think are not working on Openluup/lua but are valid for html.
  2. Removed some functions no longer needed related to downloading a json interpreter for UI5 which was crashing and not needed.
  3. Split out the exec code into a .lua file but this is just personal taste

Can do a github compare as I have the original branch which I had already modified from the mcv appstore version to add some features. This new version will also work on UI7, not on UI5.

Edit: I also moved the icons to be local as opposed to have to go to the web.

That’s the sort of thing I need to know about. Feel free to post in Suggestions or start a new openLuup thread. These things need to be fixed.

This new version will also work on UI7, not on UI5.

OK, that’s good. I’m trying to work out who was the original author?

Edit: looks like @airedale, last active in May 2016?

Yes seems to be airedale

I am not sure if you actually want to fix these… To be honest I don’t know which exact part was the culprit. I suspected two of them so I went brute force and removed anything which I thought was superfluous and corrected the “>” and “<” which seem to be html or java operators from what I can tell and it worked…

next… I am going to look at the ecobee one.

Can now add ecobee (originally Watou and modified by me to work on OpenLuup),
ALTHue by amg0, the new mcv hue one no longer works.
I also posted another improved Pioneer receiver plugin in the ALT App Store.

Update. Thanks.

Battery Monitor Plugin also works as is.

https://apps.mios.com/plugin.php?id=2678

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=36119.0

GCal3 is now fully supported

4 posts were split to a new topic: openLuup: Honeywell TCC plugin